Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light? P1416?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light? P1416?

Well last night we put a new K&N filter and descreened the MAF on my brothers 01 WS6 and changed the oil and filter. The next day he had a SES light come on so we had it scanned and it came up P1416. I know the code is Port Air Circuit Malfunction but i really dont know what this means. I already did a search on this and all i could find is people talking about the air pump and the check valve. What exactly is a check valve? What do you think caused this light to come on? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

I had the same code, Secondary air intake bank 2 if I remember right....Unfortunetly I didnt fix the problem, I ended up taking the air pump out when I put my headers on.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can anyone help me out with this code. My brother wants it off of there. What can we do to fix it? TTT
Old 02-11-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Check valve is a one-way valve in the air pump line. If its stuck open it could allow air flow when there should be none and cause a code...
Old 02-19-2004, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK guys i figured out what the code is and why it happen. This code is from the MAF reading wrong. I know its from descreening the MAF so now it reads too much air going in there. My question is how to get rid of the SES light/this code? Is the only way to get rid of it, LS1 Edit? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redls1z28
OK guys i figured out what the code is and why it happen. This code is from the MAF reading wrong. I know its from descreening the MAF so now it reads too much air going in there. My question is how to get rid of the SES light/this code? Is the only way to get rid of it, LS1 Edit? Any help would be appreciated.
The code has nothing to do with the MAF. Is it the only code being thrown? If so, swap out your air check valve on the passenger side. This is a very common problem.. $15 or so from Napa..
Old 02-19-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What is a air check vavle? I have been trying to figure that out. Does someone have a picture of one? I thought that had to do with the air pump.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redls1z28
What is a air check vavle? I have been trying to figure that out. Does someone have a picture of one? I thought that had to do with the air pump.
Follow your air tubes coming off your exhaust manifolds (or headers). It's the round black valves attached.. They can be a bitch to undo off the hardline though. Grab a friend a a couple of wrenches.. It'll come off.. Code P1415 is drivers side (bank 1), 1416 passenger (bank 2).

Quick Reply: SES light? P1416?