Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Security Light Issue. NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Security Light Issue. NEED HELP

So, i can't seem to find anyone with the exact problem i'm having so hopefully someone reading this could offer some insight into this problem. I turned my car on last night and the security light came on solid and stays on every time i drive the car now. I have since started the car 4 times and it fires every time with no issues, the radio works, power seat/windows work. But according to everything i've read if the security light is on it shouldnt even start. Is it just a matter of time before the VATS takes control or should i just deal with the light being on and leave it alone? Is there a way to get the light to shut off? Also, will the resistor pack issue solve the light being on or is that just for when the car won't start? PLEASE! somebody let me know what is going on here.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Teching In

anyone??
Old 04-26-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the same issue and mine works just fine, but the security light is on and is driving me crazy!!! any help would be great
Old 04-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Banned

Do the VATS Bypass mod and be done with it.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YoungZ
So, i can't seem to find anyone with the exact problem i'm having so hopefully someone reading this could offer some insight into this problem. I turned my car on last night and the security light came on solid and stays on every time i drive the car now. I have since started the car 4 times and it fires every time with no issues, the radio works, power seat/windows work. But according to everything i've read if the security light is on it shouldnt even start. Is it just a matter of time before the VATS takes control or should i just deal with the light being on and leave it alone? Is there a way to get the light to shut off? Also, will the resistor pack issue solve the light being on or is that just for when the car won't start? PLEASE! somebody let me know what is going on here.
i had the same problem took it to my friend who has been a GM mechanic for 30yrs he fixed it before i could drink the beer he gave me, it was a loose wire that connects to the ignition cylinder, i asked what may have caused it, he said that when you stomp on it and you get thrown back into your seat, while holding on tight to the steering wheel the wire comes loose from being stretched.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Thank you thank you thank you! Finally!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem. Did this method fix your problem? Im gonna look into it this weekend.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Yep. I just did the resistor pack. And it worked as promised
Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I meant the loose wire method. Good to hear to you got it fixed though.