TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will buy the first tuning software with one year of free upgrades
Old 03-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Default eh ?

Originally Posted by DEE99TA
I don't know. For 1 extra year of software tweaks, $100 seems a bit steep to me. I am not trying to slam the product. I am just a straight shooter you know, I stood up for you when DHP and everyone went after you.

DEE
Dee, please show me when/where I "went" after Magnus? Magnus came after us, on our own boards claiming how our prices were rape me in da butt and that he envisoned a $50 programming cable one day.....

Shall I resend you the links on our board?

P.S. There will be 4 players in this field soon, not 3. Ironically, we will have the better price point as well... so much for rape me in da butt pricing ?

P.S. 2 : I apologize for "hijacking" but I hate seeing crap incorrect info regardless of the board.......
Old 03-06-2004, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One think to point out... I used LS1 Edit w/a belkin USB to Serial converter... one day it lost communication and I killed my PCM ... cost me another 50 bux to have the PCM reflashed (plus I had to borrow a friends PCM)

but w/Keiths (HP Tuners) software... no problem it'll recover the PCM (sorry Keith... but I'm just soooooo impressed w/this feature!!!!)

I've already got LS1 Edit but I'm upgrading to HP Tuners as soon as I have the money I've seen the software and hardware first hand... very impressive ... I can't think of a single reason to buy LS1 Edit at this point ... (hell.. how many times has carputing been asked for a GP?? every time they've said no... HPTuners is asked for a change in their software licensing on a web site... and they agree to do what the CUSTOMER would like!!! pretty damn impressive

Last edited by horist; 03-06-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

Product looks interesting. I have a question or 2...
The PCM recovery feature - does this save a complete PCM map on the laptop computer in order to re-write a scrambled PCM?
Also, if the HPTuners software reads and manages the entire PCM map, does this mean that your interface has tapped into most all of the useful tables that can be edited? For example, edit recently added a feature that allows control of the shift light in the PCM. It seems this function is not enabled on my A4 vehicle. Is it possble to activate the shift light function in an A4 and use that PCM output for something (shift light, window switch, etc.)? If the PCM has this function built in, we might as well be able to use it, right?
TIA
Old 03-06-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so how come us guys with the 98 LS1's cant place an order. i was told it would be a few more months. No one has mentioned this until now, Whats the Deal Magnus???
Old 03-06-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Magnus
First I'd like to say we are now offering 1 year free software upgrades for all orders placed through March 13'th.. You asked for it and you got it!

SeaHawk, you make many valid points...

Regarding our feature additions.. they are really minor things most people wouldn't notice but things that just put us over the top I think.. It doesn't mean our product isn't finished.. Like you said software is never done, there is always stuff you can add to it.. For example one of the "features" I want to add was recommended to me by a tunershop recently. Tuners often change the same set of DTC's over and over again.. What if they could just load a DTC map that would set certain DTC's how they wanted? It sure would be a big time saver for a tuner.

Our beta tests where not done publicly. Beta testing isn't even an issue anymore. We past the beta stage quite some time ago.

SeaHawk, please keep in mind that we also provide you with an advanced scan tool software as well.

Slowhawk, if you want to do just the V8 F and Y cars for the years you specified

Matt, we are working very hard on the V6 stuff right now. I hope to be ready to ship V6 products in 1 month.

If any of you have questions and wish to contact me off the forum my e-mail address is keith@hptuners.com, thanks!

- Keith

so will the 98's get this same deal? even though we cant place an orderbefore then and noone knows for sure when we can get it
Old 03-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Awesome that there's finally some competition for edit. I think I just found the tuning software I was looking for errrrrrrrrr as soon as you make it available for a '98.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnus
frcefed98, excellent quesiton.. We'll do the same incentive plan whenever we release new vehicle types.. How's that sound!
CGWORTH LOOK AT WHAT MAGNUS SAID ABOVE

The 98's have different programming than 99+ so they will be released about a month later. But Magnus will have the same 1 year free upgrade for every new model released. Its all there buddy, just have to read closer.
J
Old 03-07-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

i wonder when the product will actually ship? Do you charge when you ship the product like all other companies?
Old 03-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Magnus....are there any discounts for shops when ordering for multiple platforms? I am going to send you a PM with some questions.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by beyerch
Dee, please show me when/where I "went" after Magnus? Magnus came after us, on our own boards claiming how our prices were rape me in da butt and that he envisoned a $50 programming cable one day.....
Ok, Charles, I agree. My apologies. I looked back at my email. There were many "comments" from different members, but DHP was overall very professional about it.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well it must be working cause carputing is now offering LS1edit for 499.00 if you take a survey before buying.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Excuse my ignorance, but HP is like a scanner and programmer in one? Like an Autotap and LS1edit combined? I understand this is preordering but when will the actual product ship? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, this product is like a scanner and programmer in one.

"All orders placed are pre-orders. Orders will be shipped in the order in which they are recieved. Our schedualed ship date is March 22'nd."
Old 03-12-2004, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Default It is still darn expensive

I have 2 vehicles a '98 and an '01. That adds up pretty quick.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cgworth
Well it must be working cause carputing is now offering LS1edit for 499.00 if you take a survey before buying.
If you fill out the survey (a token action), you get LS1Edit for $400.00.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

So what if edit is 400, you still need atap to make the same capabilites of HPtuners. BTW theres another form of tuning on the way. The AEM EMS, which is currently on a TT c5 with 1050whp. Granted it will be around 1200~$
http://members.***.net/darkdragon/

I cant afford that so ill probably go with HPtuners
Old 03-13-2004, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going with an HP Tuner. I already sold my EFI Live and cable. Carputing is reaping the rewards of never offering a discount, GP, or having a sale once in awhile. I look forward to trying the new software.

Just post up when the 98's are ready for ordering.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Black LS1 T/A
If you fill out the survey (a token action), you get LS1Edit for $400.00.
Sounds like the competition is scared! They should be!!! Why would I even pay $400.00 for software that is locked to my VIN, and has no scanning or logging capabilities. For $499.00 I can tune any 01 Camaro/TA and have scanning and logging capabilities, AND FREE upgrades for the first year. Plus I'm sure the same tuning principles used with Edit can be applied to the VCM Suite, and thanks to the boards there is tons of information.

The Wright Brothers (Orville and Wilbur) used the same business practices as Carputing. They kept their product line such a secret and considered themselves a monopoly that they never achieved much business success. The competition blew them away easily, even though they were the pioneers of the technology. Just my .02 cents.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Teching In

The last time I checked Carputing they want $550.00 for LS1 edit (locked to 1 pcm). Then fill out the survey and get the $100.00 discount = $450.00.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners is now accepting orders.