Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast- wideband o2 set up dont make sense to me.-->>>

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast- wideband o2 set up dont make sense to me.-->>>

Please help me figure this out. With the fast system's wide band o2 option. ..They give you 1 wideband sensor to mount into one of your headers. And you dont use the stock o2's any more. So in my little mind im picturing this.... Lets say you mount it on your driver side header. And you tune her all up and everything is fine. Then all a sudden you have an intake leak on the side of the wide band o2. All of a sudden the car computer (now the fast system ) says 0 **** we are running very rich. So now it starts pulling fuel from the motor...Will it cause it to run dangerously lean on the opposit side.. Please correct me if im wrong.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

I thought the same thing when I installed my wideband sensor (not a FAST System). Think it through...we tuned carburated cars for years with zero sensor input from either side. At least with the FAST your only at risk for a lean catastrophic incident - not very likely.FWIW.
joel

Last edited by Bink; 03-16-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bink
I thought the same thing when I installed my wideband sensor (not a FAST System). Think it through...we tuned carburated cars for years with zero sensor input from either side. At least with the FAST your only at risk for a lean catastrophic incident - not very likely.FWIW.
joel
Are you happy with your wideband. DID it make tunning the car any easier. Thanks for your help
Old 03-17-2004, 11:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by 96SCTA
Please help me figure this out. With the fast system's wide band o2 option. ..They give you 1 wideband sensor to mount into one of your headers. And you dont use the stock o2's any more. So in my little mind im picturing this.... Lets say you mount it on your driver side header. And you tune her all up and everything is fine. Then all a sudden you have an intake leak on the side of the wide band o2. All of a sudden the car computer (now the fast system ) says 0 **** we are running very rich. So now it starts pulling fuel from the motor...Will it cause it to run dangerously lean on the opposit side.. Please correct me if im wrong.
I have my FAST w/b plugged into the driver's side 02 bung in my headers. The FAST, if you have the correction feature enabled, will make changes to your A/F to keep your A/F at the targeted number. let's say at WOT your target A/F is 11:1. Well the FAST will add fuel if you run lean for any reason. It will add or subtract up to 25% fuel.

Remember once you have a FAST system you are tuning in speed density and no longer need factory 02 sensors.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I have my FAST w/b plugged into the driver's side 02 bung in my headers. The FAST, if you have the correction feature enabled, will make changes to your A/F to keep your A/F at the targeted number. let's say at WOT your target A/F is 11:1. Well the FAST will add fuel if you run lean for any reason. It will add or subtract up to 25% fuel.

Remember once you have a FAST system you are tuning in speed density and no longer need factory 02 sensors.

My only concern is that the computer (fast) is not going to know whats going on in the other bank. So if the side you dont have the wideband in goes lean. How will the computer know. So lets say you are driving around like that and then the side you have the wide band in goes a little rich. So the computer is going to pull fuel from both sides and possible destroy the motor. I know that it is unlikey. But very possible.
To correct this i plan on swaping the wideband from side to side Every week or 2. That way i should be able to catch it if one side starts to run leaner or richer due to gasket failure.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96SCTA
Are you happy with your wideband. DID it make tunning the car any easier. Thanks for your help
I love my wideband. I'd feel uncomfortable without it. I definitely wouldn't adjust fueling without it.
joel
Old 03-17-2004, 02:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Maybe the FAST sequential can tune for each side I have no idea.

I see your paint about each side but I don't know the answer.

I'm making 746rwhp with mine and won't be switching.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

If any one is intrested , we are trying to get a gp on the fast systems. Only need 5 more people to make it happen. Check it out

Last edited by 96SCTA; 03-22-2004 at 07:30 AM.