PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else fed up with HP tuners beta versions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least yours is working, Im so lost I cant even install mine right! When I think I got the drivers installed, and hook to the car to scan it says that Im not connected, and to check the cable!!! Im toally lost, did Insatll drivers wrong for it to say im disconnected? The green light come on if I connect to the OBII, and it comes on if I hook to the laptop! My AeroForce gauge reads from the OBII plug just fine, so tell me what I may have done wrong? Its been 2 weeks just rying to get the thing where I can use it. Maybe Im just to old school. Help!!!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:07 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
How many other people are pissed off they wont re enable the analog inputs for the standalone data logging in all these beta updates?

FWIW...
I went back to the 2.22 stable build because of bugs in the Beta's(and I'm moderator, and helped with the original scanner design and how histograms worked)
I dont mind testing when theres a new big change...but right now the big changes all work just fine and its little bugs that need to be sorted out...

My biggest issue is problems with how RTT works in the Beta...
I personally think the changes they made to it suck donkey *****.
it now loads slow, and writes slow.
took almost 2 minutes for it to fully load a 3 bar OS VE table...and just as long to write a blanket +10% to it.
It was faster for me to shut off the car, write the calibration, and restart the car than it was to just load the table in RTT to even begin to make changes.

the 2.22 table loads in 15 seconds, and writes in about 20 seconds for the entire table
Old 04-08-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang, I cant get mine to read do I need to send it back! Its beta also!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
Beta updates are for beta testers only, if you have it is because you asked for it for testing purposes.

Beta tester = somebody who understands what "beta" means

Everybody else must use the latest stable release (2.22) which has everything working good, including analog inputs with standalone datalogging.
This..........................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAn d this one too...

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
I am fine with using the Beta versions. What I am not fine with is the "me generation" that needs punch in the throat for its sense of entitlement.
Tuning is a real wake up call for those who know nothing about it and go out and buy the program (like I did). Wow, I've been reading for months (in my free time) and am just barely comfortable making basic VE table changes. It's a lot to take in that's for sure. It won't be handed to you on a silver platter so man up.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I upgraded from my standard interface to the pro for the standalone datalogging as much as the analog inputs. Apparently my new pro box is new enough that it only works with the beta software (there was no connecting to the vehicle in any way with 2.22), so no standalone for me. I would be datalogging on the way to and from home work every day if I could, just fine-tuning the new cam tune right now.

The kicker is, I had to request the beta software after the upgrade, even though it was the only software that would work with the new box. So I sat there for an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't connect... nobody told me.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any problem with the Beta and as for the HPT forum, I see lots of guys asking the same question over and over. If they would simply do a search they would find the answer and I'm sure the guys that hang out there get tired of saying the same thing over and over.

I try to do research and find the answer myself and only then do I post up a question. I have even posted up threads where I solved my own problems and hoping this might help others in the future. In the past I have posted up questions and received inbox messages where someone offered to help me if I paid them. I would rather figure it out myself than pay for someone to help like that!

I wonder if the forum even has mods that watch over it.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

beta has been decently fine with me,seems like it has a few bugs to it but there not a big issue.i see both side of what people are saying about there forum,but you also cant expect them to basiclly tune your car.the biggest issue for me learning how to tune was finding injector data.but between hp tuner forum here and a google search you can figure out alot.my setup is pretty simple just a rearmount lq4 camaro but i have it runnig great on my own with a 2bar os,to me its more of a sense of accomplishment to do it on your own.glad i bought the software.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MillsMotorvation
At least yours is working, Im so lost I cant even install mine right! When I think I got the drivers installed, and hook to the car to scan it says that Im not connected, and to check the cable!!! Im toally lost, did Insatll drivers wrong for it to say im disconnected? The green light come on if I connect to the OBII, and it comes on if I hook to the laptop! My AeroForce gauge reads from the OBII plug just fine, so tell me what I may have done wrong? Its been 2 weeks just rying to get the thing where I can use it. Maybe Im just to old school. Help!!!!!
you may not have the drivers loaded properly for your laptop to connect to the interface.i went thru alot of issues getting it all working.if you open device manager and scroll down to usb controllers and expand does it show a chanel A and a chanel B?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My only gripe is the need for a virtual VE table for thosee ecus that need one. It is a pain having to use an external table/program rather than having it integrated into the software. Considering efi live just for this reason alone.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

From what I've seen with the internal EFILive virtual VE is that it's not as accurate as the external Bluecat tool that we use on HPTuners. However it would be nice if HPT would implement that tool into the software for those applications, however I sense the reason it's not being implemented right off is because it would kill the sale of HPT's custom OS's that give you a true VE table.

Either way ya go you gain some and lose some. I prefer HPTuners just due to the streamline of the software but the same result can be accomplished with EFILive too.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i hate to look dumb but i would like to ask. i recently ordered HP tuners pro. when i got it installed it onto my computer. it said it was beta. what is beta? and why does it say its not good for real time info when the beta info screen comes up?
not trying to hijack

Quick Reply: anyone else fed up with HP tuners beta versions?