PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else fed up with HP tuners beta versions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone else fed up with HP tuners beta versions?

How many other people are pissed off they wont re enable the analog inputs for the standalone data logging in all these beta updates?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
How many other people are pissed off they wont re enable the analog inputs for the standalone data logging in all these beta updates?
Yeah, it sucks....but I'd rather they enable it all again once it's stable. Honestly though, it's more of a convenience then anything else....I can live without it for the time being....

I'm just happy to be able to tweak what i need to, when I need to.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

wire it up through EGR or A/C and add the voltage PID to the config and whola you have standalone logging of at least 2 0-5v inputs.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
Be careful what you say about them. Next time you need help from support your emails will be lost in space.

They simply do not care about analog inputs.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good product, but geeez those guys on the forum...arrrgh! However I have met a couple good people on there.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beta updates are for beta testers only, if you have it is because you asked for it for testing purposes.

Beta tester = somebody who understands what "beta" means

Everybody else must use the latest stable release (2.22) which has everything working good, including analog inputs with standalone datalogging.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I am fine with using the Beta versions. What I am not fine with is the "me generation" that needs punch in the throat for its sense of entitlement.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
Beta updates are for beta testers only, if you have it is because you asked for it for testing purposes.

Everybody else must use the latest stable release (2.22) which has everything working good, including analog inputs with standalone datalogging.
There are a lot of newer vehicles that they say they support that can only be edited with the beta version. It's been 4 years since there has been a new public release.

The more amazing thing for me is if you read the thread about this on their forum, Keith is unaware that being able to install and run both versions at the same time doesn't work when he thinks he made that possible a year ago.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Launching!

I am disappointed at the lack of interaction in general on their forums. One of the main reasons I bought HPT over EFI Live is because I heard of their awesome forum where everyone is willing to help and the developers are so easy to reach. I have found that to not be true at all. In the past few months I have started about 5 threads there and not a single one of them got any interaction whatsoever. I had to either figure out my own answers or find them buried in Google somewhere. In addition, the "sticky" threads that used to be regularly posted in by Bill and Keith are no longer being paid attention to. Like the tutorial thread, many links in it have not worked for over a year now and people are asking Bill what's going on and it has been months since he has replied. It seems to me as though there is no longer anyone at the helm and the ship is just swinging and swaying in the storm.

I did have need for 2.23 though and Bill sent it to me quickly and it installed in addition to 2.22 on all 4 of my computers perfectly. I can use the regular release or the beta at will.

J. J.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

I've noticed the same thing. Best thing to do is just make friends with people on the forum and get their personal email and PM them when you have a problem. It's amazing how non-resourceful that forum has been for me. Everything I've either had to learn on my own or email someone with more knowledge than me.

I came to the domestic world from the import community, and I can tell you they are much more helpful over there in the tuning world.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
There are a lot of newer vehicles that they say they support that can only be edited with the beta version. It's been 4 years since there has been a new public release.

The more amazing thing for me is if you read the thread about this on their forum, Keith is unaware that being able to install and run both versions at the same time doesn't work when he thinks he made that possible a year ago.
True, but you can still use the 2.22 scanner with analog inputs and standalone. Beta version is needed only to edit the tune and flash.

I have had both versions running at the same long before Keith modded them. They work fine. However I have Win XP and haven't tested w/ Win7
Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Launching!

3 of my computers are xp, one is win7.

J. J.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had to update to the beta version for a turbo 4.3 ive been working on and i like it alot. it added a bunch of tables to a couple cars ive been doing work on that make life so much easyer and the data logging well i honestly did what lsxpwrdz did haha
Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patooyee
I am disappointed at the lack of interaction in general on their forums. One of the main reasons I bought HPT over EFI Live is because I heard of their awesome forum where everyone is willing to help and the developers are so easy to reach. I have found that to not be true at all. In the past few months I have started about 5 threads there and not a single one of them got any interaction whatsoever. I had to either figure out my own answers or find them buried in Google somewhere. In addition, the "sticky" threads that used to be regularly posted in by Bill and Keith are no longer being paid attention to. Like the tutorial thread, many links in it have not worked for over a year now and people are asking Bill what's going on and it has been months since he has replied. It seems to me as though there is no longer anyone at the helm and the ship is just swinging and swaying in the storm.

I did have need for 2.23 though and Bill sent it to me quickly and it installed in addition to 2.22 on all 4 of my computers perfectly. I can use the regular release or the beta at will.

J. J.
In regards to this I decided to cancel my domain and server subscription, as I had some 500mb of free space I could use at verizon, I move all of my data over to my verizon space using my ftp, no big deal. Within a few weeks verizon decides "ok sorry guys no more ftp service f u" so now to get my files I need to go through each one of them manually(if I didn't have them saved to my hard drive somewhere) which is a complete pita so its not a high priority. Additionally, for some odd reason, a couple of months ago my login for the hpt server stopped working but nothings changed, either way it hasn't been that big of a deal because I haven't done any new demo's lately. With that said if theres something specific you are looking for let me know and I'll see what I can find as I've got probably close to a hundred demo's floating around on several hard drives and the verizon server.

Additionally regarding forum posts if you are having a tuning issue of some sort I usually comment in threads that I have experience in, if I don't think I have the right answer I'm not going to post just to post and have you chasing your tail.

-Bill
Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag

Really? My HP Tuners shipped to me with a beta version CD in the box.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Launching!

On my win7 PC when I installed 2.23 I uninstalled 2.22 figuring I would never need it again. It turned out I did so I tried reinstalling 2.22 and it won't let me now. It says I need .net 2.0 installed to install it but I do have .net 2.0. I'm not that hard up for 2.22 again so I'll just deal with it.

J. J.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foff667
In regards to this I decided to cancel my domain and server subscription, as I had some 500mb of free space I could use at verizon, I move all of my data over to my verizon space using my ftp, no big deal. Within a few weeks verizon decides "ok sorry guys no more ftp service f u" so now to get my files I need to go through each one of them manually(if I didn't have them saved to my hard drive somewhere) which is a complete pita so its not a high priority. Additionally, for some odd reason, a couple of months ago my login for the hpt server stopped working but nothings changed, either way it hasn't been that big of a deal because I haven't done any new demo's lately. With that said if theres something specific you are looking for let me know and I'll see what I can find as I've got probably close to a hundred demo's floating around on several hard drives and the verizon server.

Additionally regarding forum posts if you are having a tuning issue of some sort I usually comment in threads that I have experience in, if I don't think I have the right answer I'm not going to post just to post and have you chasing your tail.

-Bill
Thanks for the response. I would just be happy if some of the tutorials that are already there worked or I knew how to get them to work. Check the original thread on your forum. Several of us have been asking about one of them specifically for a few months now with no response from you. Here's a link to the thread I am referring to:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...?t=5058&page=5

J. J.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the response. I would just be happy if some of the tutorials that are already there worked or I knew how to get them to work. Check the original thread on your forum. Several of us have been asking about one of them specifically for a few months now with no response from you. Here's a link to the thread I am referring to:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...?t=5058&page=5

J. J.
Ok, I've removed the case learn one as well as any others that weren't working properly for now as it seems to be something with the format of the file type, the help file www.hptuners.com/help lists all of the steps for performing a case learn, in most cases the demo's are just there for those that prefer something visual, they generally aren't the final word in how to do something.

Last edited by foff667; 04-05-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

J. J.
No offense but most of the people that used to post on there alot were tuners that actually did tuning for a living at a shop. It is against their best interest to get on the internet and help someone with a tune using knowledge they have learned themselves and do for a living. Basically why should they help you for free and charge customers that walk in their front doors? That is part of the reason I don't post as technically as I once used to because it did me no good.

That is the reason there isn't much help on there anymore... best bet for good tech info is to dig up the older threads where the tuners posted good tech, or figure it out like alot of us had to do back in the day when there was no help.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
No offense but most of the people that used to post on there alot were tuners that actually did tuning for a living at a shop. It is against their best interest to get on the internet and help someone with a tune using knowledge they have learned themselves and do for a living. Basically why should they help you for free and charge customers that walk in their front doors? That is part of the reason I don't post as technically as I once used to because it did me no good.

That is the reason there isn't much help on there anymore... best bet for good tech info is to dig up the older threads where the tuners posted good tech, or figure it out like alot of us had to do back in the day when there was no help.
if people are buying the program, they arent going to be buying a tune in the first place. somehow, i doubt a majority of the tuning community is a bunch of snake like ******** who will pretend to be mr novice to get everyones secrets. at that point, theres no reason to have the forum to share the information in the first place. sure, there were a few trolls but jeez..

Quick Reply: anyone else fed up with HP tuners beta versions?