Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help on my car for tunning

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SKULL
Now if the moons were aligned and an eclipse was happening. I think the car should trap 126 maybe 127
That's pretty unrealistic. You won't run that with a 40 knot tail wind.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can dream but i still think i shouldnt have to much of a problem trapping what gary2004z06 has trapped

depending what calculator you use. one site said if gary was making roughly 444 fwh which is i think far for a clutch exhaust intake c5z. his car weights 2890.

Last edited by SKULL; 05-23-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Banned

i can dream but i still think i shouldnt have to much of a problem trapping what gary2004z06 has trapped

depending what calculator you use. one site said if gary was making roughly 444 fwh which is i think far for a clutch exhaust intake c5z. his car weights 2890.
You do realize Gary has hundreds of passes on his car, and is one of the best C5/C6 drivers around, right? If you want your car to go that fast, go get Gary to drive it.

You just can't compare you and your car, and the experience level you're at, to someone like Gary. The car isn't refined, the tune isn't refined, you as a driver are not refined. No offense man, but you don't have the seat time or the car dialed in or anything. Guys like Gary didn't just show up one day and lay down a pass.

Gary also has a bolt on C6Z in the 9s. Does that mean that all bolt on C6Zs should be in the 9s?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

I bet it goes faster w/ a ls6 intake back on it.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
You do realize Gary has hundreds of passes on his car, and is one of the best C5/C6 drivers around, right? If you want your car to go that fast, go get Gary to drive it.

You just can't compare you and your car, and the experience level you're at, to someone like Gary. The car isn't refined, the tune isn't refined, you as a driver are not refined. No offense man, but you don't have the seat time or the car dialed in or anything. Guys like Gary didn't just show up one day and lay down a pass.

Gary also has a bolt on C6Z in the 9s. Does that mean that all bolt on C6Zs should be in the 9s?
If you have more mods. Why would a car not out mph another car similar to it. Yes I know gary is a great driver and I didn't say it was like pulling into your driveway everyday easy to match what he has done. But how does a car with the same mods. I have a fast 90 ported and ls2 and he had 4.10 gears. Explain how im 10 mph off of him and almost 4+ of anyone else that has less mods then me. All im worried about is why it doesn't mph what it should. Mph shows what the car has in it. Like a supra going mid 8s at 180 but an e.t. will show how good a driver is like how gary has the fastest in a c5z and c6z bolt on car because he is a bad mother ******
Old 05-24-2012, 03:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

But I guess the last thing to try is I put the skinnies I bought for it on. Take as much weight out as I can and go back to mir and see how it runs the next time we get some cold air again. Hopefully soon
Old 05-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Banned

If you have more mods. Why would a car not out mph another car similar to it. Yes I know gary is a great driver and I didn't say it was like pulling into your driveway everyday easy to match what he has done. But how does a car with the same mods. I have a fast 90 ported and ls2 and he had 4.10 gears. Explain how im 10 mph off of him and almost 4+ of anyone else that has less mods then me. All im worried about is why it doesn't mph what it should. Mph shows what the car has in it. Like a supra going mid 8s at 180 but an e.t. will show how good a driver is like how gary has the fastest in a c5z and c6z bolt on car because he is a bad mother ******
It's not just all about the driver. Seems like you didn't really read my post. It is about the total pakage and seat time. As I said in my last post. Your car is not refined, your tune is not refined, your driving skill is not refined.

Gary and others like him that run fast, have hundreds of passes on their cars. That's seat time, time to refine their setups, etc. You can't just throw a bunch of parts at a car and expect it to be fast. It never happens that way. Even if you had a much higher skill level at building/tuning cars, they all still take tweaking/debugging. All of them. Every car I've ever been involved with, went faster and faster the more I tweaked/tuned/adjusted. I'm not one to just rip weight out of a car. I'd rather tweak it til it won't go any faster.

I think if you have some patience, and put in your time, and spend the required time tweaking and tuning, your times will come around.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
It's not just all about the driver. Seems like you didn't really read my post. It is about the total pakage and seat time. As I said in my last post. Your car is not refined, your tune is not refined, your driving skill is not refined.

Gary and others like him that run fast, have hundreds of passes on their cars. That's seat time, time to refine their setups, etc. You can't just throw a bunch of parts at a car and expect it to be fast. It never happens that way. Even if you had a much higher skill level at building/tuning cars, they all still take tweaking/debugging. All of them. Every car I've ever been involved with, went faster and faster the more I tweaked/tuned/adjusted. I'm not one to just rip weight out of a car. I'd rather tweak it til it won't go any faster.

I think if you have some patience, and put in your time, and spend the required time tweaking and tuning, your times will come around.
I totally understand that. Its just I would like to know how bone stock it went 12.30 at 115.8 and now have an averaged of 11.75 at 115.5 with a fast tb light weight clutch and longtubes. But I understand everything you are saying its just im speechless at this car not picking up anything yet. But besides tunning and practicing the launch. What else is there to tweak? I never did see if you can put suspension on the car and stay on the bolt ons list.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

As said, Driver makes a big difference, Example, Friend of mine has a 02 TA cam, heads ect, automatic, Just floor it on launch right? How can you go wrong with an auto, Him driving ( very little experience) vs when I drive, Me, quicker and faster, why? launch techniques.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much mph did you pick up
Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

How much mph did you pick up
This was years ago, but if I recall, it was like 2 tenths or so and around 2-3 mph...This was only a High 11 to low 12 second car.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok but I understand what everyone is saying. I do just my biggest problem is I went from stock to all these mods and have gained 1-2 mph. The vararam intake has been proven alone to give gains like that.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Did you dyno the car before and after the mods? If so, were you given the SAE numbers from the runs?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

See post 44
Old 05-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Banned

Ok but I understand what everyone is saying. I do just my biggest problem is I went from stock to all these mods and have gained 1-2 mph. The vararam intake has been proven alone to give gains like that.
Tune it. Aggressively.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what would be your advice on tunning it aggressively
Old 05-25-2012, 05:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what would be your advice on tunning it aggressively
Put it on a load dyno and tune it to max out torque and HP under the entire curve...
Old 05-25-2012, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh ok. Blk02ws6. Where do you do tunning in md?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't do much tuning these days - and I am not a sponsor on here - you will have to see if there are any sponsors that can help you out...
Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh ok. I didn't know if you were still tuning or not. I did meet you once Prolly 4 years ago. (WOW) when you tuned Bad6as cammed 98 camaro. So that's why I asked and cause your in Maryland. But ill ask around when I get some money together to have someone dyno tune it

Last edited by SKULL; 05-25-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: need help on my car for tunning