PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help on my car for tunning

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With out 4.11s the mn12 trans falls on its face in 4th, especially without a stronger midrange. That could be why u have a hard time trapping high.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

then that would apply to all the people not running 4.10(they only make 4.10 as the highest rear gear for a vette)
Old 05-25-2012, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

Same ****. Are u short shifting 3rd?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i shift around 6200-6500
Old 06-24-2012, 04:54 PM

Default 75/80 DRAG-WAY 6/24/2012 epic fail....

So after hearing from all of Skulls friends in the area how the car is finally tuned, (and made less than 400whp) and that it was gonna destroy my 2004 (heavily modded) Cobra, from a dig or roll, i decided to go to the track last night and observe him run. His arguments off being down over 150whp was that he was lighter and had more cubes. Though I'm certain I'm a much better driver, seeing as how I've been doing this more than half the years this kid has been alive, and he obviously had no clue what he's getting into? Now I'm not a **** talker or starter, and appreciate all cars well built (when done correctly), but to talk trash about my car, and call me out to run, then barely go 11's and trap about 12-13mph slower than me, not to mention being down a ton of power, and then run home without saying a word? Now i don't even know this kid but this is the second time I've heard of this car wanting a piece of my terminator. Maybe some of the members on here who actually know what they are talking about can enlighten the young buck that he has a lot of work to do before stepping in the ring, and then to run on a roll against a high 500's whp Cobra and think he's gonna win? That's outrageous. I saw the car on two runs and it went a high 11.8@115mph and his best mph was only 116. Granted it was a bit hot and muggy, but i trap almost 130mph and run 10.80's. He has some learning to do. Just thought I'd share cause honestly there's no need to for the small when you don't have a chance in hell of winning.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw you walking around. I saw you looking at my car. Guess you were too scared to come say something to my face. I have never once said I wanted to run your cobra all I have heard is your looking for me to run. Yes there has been another problem that has occurred that I will be calling my tuner tomorrow about. But when my car does run like it should ill be sure to fine you since you wanna talk **** on the net like a big boy. Don't be throwing a **** fit either when my car does run what it should and does exactly what I told other people what it'll do when we race. Ill win and don't cry when you lose to a na bolt on corvette.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by SKULL
I saw you walking around. I saw you looking at my car. Guess you were too scared to come say something to my face. I have never once said I wanted to run your cobra all I have heard is your looking for me to run. Yes there has been another problem that has occurred that I will be calling my tuner tomorrow about. But when my car does run like it should ill be sure to fine you since you wanna talk **** on the net like a big boy. Don't be throwing a **** fit either when my car does run what it should and does exactly what I told other people what it'll do when we race. Ill win and don't cry when you lose to a na bolt on corvette.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha that's hysterical! For one you are nothing to be scared of, you and you're friends were the ones running your mouths for me to come get some, which i did, but ima tell ya right now the last thing you wanna do is start talking **** you can't back up whether it be your car, or otherwise cause I'm not the one for either, the last thing i am is scared but it's your mistake for thinking that. And i didn't come on here to talk about beating up a little kid, if you want it at that level well that's on you i only wanted to beat up on your ride cause, don't lie, you did talk **** and there are more than a handful who heard you personally say what i posted. And i didn't say anything to you because i don't know you not do i care to for that matter.
Now as for your car, which i probably know more about than you do, your running what you should for your mods, take a tenth or two and couple mph for your lack of driving skill of course. By the time you have that car the way you think it should or it's gonna run, what do you think my car will be like by then? My money is longer than yours and I'm not done modding either so remember that the longer you take to get your car right the faster mine will be. How many cars like yours with similar mods can **** with mine seriously? I think you will be hard pressed to find one. Ask some of your friends on here who know what they are talking about and they will tell you your barking up the wrong tree, and I'm also letting you know that's the only time you will ever crack slick with me. You wanna run let's do it, if not don't run your mouth, and you know you did!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dan isenburg
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha that's hysterical! For one you are nothing to be scared of, you and you're friends were the ones running your mouths for me to come get some, which i did, but ima tell ya right now the last thing you wanna do is start talking **** you can't back up whether it be your car, or otherwise cause i'm not the one for either, the last thing i am is scared but it's your mistake for thinking that. And i didn't come on here to talk about beating up a little kid, if you want it at that level well that's on you i only wanted to beat up on your ride cause, don't lie, you did talk **** and there are more than a handful who heard you personally say what i posted. And i didn't say anything to you because i don't know you not do i care to for that matter.
now as for your car, which i probably know more about than you do, your running what you should for your mods, take a tenth or two and couple mph for your lack of driving skill of course. By the time you have that car the way you think it should or it's gonna run, what do you think my car will be like by then? My money is longer than yours and i'm not done modding either so remember that the longer you take to get your car right the faster mine will be. How many cars like yours with similar mods can **** with mine seriously? I think you will be hard pressed to find one. Ask some of your friends on here who know what they are talking about and they will tell you your barking up the wrong tree, and i'm also letting you know that's the only time you will ever crack slick with me. You wanna run let's do it, if not don't run your mouth, and you know you did!
1st off i think this is stupid and shouldent chime in but oh well

1. who? names?
2. then all of this is he said she said?
3. doubt it
4. lol
Old 06-24-2012, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

ahh ****, i heard there's a nitrous single cam civic that will take anything in Mt. Airy
Old 06-24-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by bad6as
1st off i think this is stupid and shouldent chime in but oh well

1. who? names?
2. then all of this is he said she said?
3. doubt it
4. lol
Jesse said it, heard from schools, Charlie, Mike, idk who else but apparently was saying all day yesterday about after the track and how i should come up and run cause it doesn't matter if it's from a run or a dig his car is faster cause it's lighter and that my car is slow. After the 3rd call on this i went to the track to see what it was all about and want impressed at all. He knows where to find me if he wants to play. I'm done on this thread going back to svtp where the real talk is. Peace!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I got texted about this...
Charlie told me Skull wants to run me as well.

Ill run Skull and Termi. Time and place? I can't mess with Termi on a ***** *** roll but from a stop Ill do it.

Skull air quality sucks and your shift points are a tad too low. Get a cam,heads or a 100 shot and then race Termi. No way you run tens and trap 126-127 in ideal situations like the Termi

This weekend??????!!!!

Let me go around and tell me people I can take out Justins car....

What Civic?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dan Isenburg
Jesse said it, heard from schools, Charlie, Mike, idk who else but apparently was saying all day yesterday about after the track and how i should come up and run cause it doesn't matter if it's from a run or a dig his car is faster cause it's lighter and that my car is slow. After the 3rd call on this i went to the track to see what it was all about and want impressed at all. He knows where to find me if he wants to play. I'm done on this thread going back to svtp where the real talk is. Peace!
First off. I saw schools Saturday for the first time in a month, before that was 2 months charlie told me you were looking for me and mike I haven't talk to in years!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dan Isenburg
@skull-
I hear there is an 04 Mystichrome Terminator in Mt. Airy that was being hunted for?? I am pretty sure he wants to play when you get your tune straight (and maybe some more mods....)
This is the first time I ever heard you wanted to race me or that you had a mystic cobra
Old 06-25-2012, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I got texted about this...
Charlie told me Skull wants to run me as well.

Ill run Skull and Termi. Time and place? I can't mess with Termi on a ***** *** roll but from a stop Ill do it.

Skull air quality sucks and your shift points are a tad too low. Get a cam,heads or a 100 shot and then race Termi. No way you run tens and trap 126-127 in ideal situations like the Termi

This weekend??????!!!!

Let me go around and tell me people I can take out Justins car....

What Civic?
I know I wont trap 126 anymore. But im not boosted either. I have a few things I am going to try to obtain and talk to my tuner about the issues im having and when everything is 100% good to go ill race either of you from a dig on tire heads up. Time and place. I rather do it at the track so there is a slip for proof but ill go anywhere that needs be to make it happen
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder if you have a vacuum leak or if your tach is off. LS6 post 01s love to be aired out at least 6500. PM Zborg or Hiossilver. Zyborg has the same mods as you and runs hard. Hio runs 126MPH at a touch lighter than you with gear,electric water pump and no internal mods.

MAF could on the way out too. Mine(Z06 and I bought it new) started to go and my car was running SLOW MPH wise too. You can borrow mine and see if car pickes up-I converted to the Z06 one...
Old 06-25-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder if you have a vacuum leak or if your tach is off. LS6 post 01s love to be aired out at least 6500. PM Zborg or Hiossilver. Zyborg has the same mods as you and runs hard. Hio runs 126MPH at a touch lighter than you with gear,electric water pump and no internal mods.

MAF could on the way out too. Mine(Z06 and I bought it new) started to go and my car was running SLOW MPH wise too. You can borrow mine and see if car pickes up-I converted to the Z06 one...
i have a ported fast 90 on the vette with a ls2 tb. i think it is either in the maf tune because it didnt do it while in speed density or something is wrong with the ls2. i tried calling frost but he wasnt in yet so got to play the waiting game to get ahold of him. when the car was down with him he said the fast seem to have a pin hole leak but it wasnt anything major to cause a problem

but your saying a bolt on c5z with gear electric water pump is trapping 126?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

No its a bolt on ls6 Fbody-426RWHP. Around 3000 pounds. Lot of tricks like lightweight rims,light weight rotors blah blah. Now has 1.8 roller rockers and swapped the ported 90 for a 102. May be a touch more and a touch faster. PM him.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No its a bolt on ls6 Fbody-426RWHP. Around 3000 pounds. Lot of tricks like lightweight rims,light weight rotors blah blah. Now has 1.8 roller rockers and swapped the ported 90 for a 102. May be a touch more and a touch faster. PM him.
oh ok thats what i thought. i was like then he has the worlds fastest mph c5z ever. but if i have any questions after talking to frost ill pm him to see if he can help. thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Run your car when its cool and air quality is good,up your shift points,stage shallow,check for leaks and over inflate your front tires. I think then it will run about what it should....
A lot of LS6 guys swear shifting by the limiter(stock) is where the MPH shows up. Not sure what RPM that is hence PMing those guys. Zborg's mods are identical to yours and he pulls bolt on C6s and has even beaten camed C5 Z06s on rolls(I am sure they are untuned or driver mod need though). Once you get the car right in terms of driving and tune-cam that bitch.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Run your car when its cool and air quality is good,up your shift points,stage shallow,check for leaks and over inflate your front tires. I think then it will run about what it should....
A lot of LS6 guys swear shifting by the limiter(stock) is where the MPH shows up. Not sure what RPM that is hence PMing those guys. Zborg's mods are identical to yours and he pulls bolt on C6s and has even beaten camed C5 Z06s on rolls(I am sure they are untuned or driver mod need though). Once you get the car right in terms of driving and tune-cam that bitch.
yea. its all stuff ill be taking time to figure out when the car is 100% and all it needs is seat time. im selling my current drag pack off (brand new 17x4.5 racestars in the box, zturds old zr1 with et streets) and gonna save up and buy something much lighter. as of right now i have never ran the car on skinnies. but saturday night i was short shifting the **** out of it 5500ish rpms trying to figure out what the problem was. i should be shifting around 6600. plus im talking to a friend on putting gear in the car. but that is also another pretty penny so we will see. the goal is to go 10s before any other mods continue. but im just trying to get the car squared away before the cold weather sets in so i can take full advantage of it when it does

Quick Reply: need help on my car for tunning