PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed EGR and AIR

Old 07-28-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Removed EGR and AIR

I know the SES light is gonna come on... but will it make pcm screw with the car's performance.. like retard or something like that??? Or plain and simple just light the SES up on dash???
AIR pump fuse is removed and everything has block off plates.
Though I do hear some new whistling sound almost as if I have a access. drive s/c lol...

Also, if I run the AIR pump hose into my air lid, would it do anything if I re-insert the fuse???
Thanks in advance...
Old 07-29-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone???
Old 07-29-2012, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car didnt come with egr but i removed the air and it takes a few minutes for the pcm to relearn air fuel ratio, if your worried about the light frost does the best tunes
Old 07-29-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lsmaxxed
My car didnt come with egr but i removed the air and it takes a few minutes for the pcm to relearn air fuel ratio, if your worried about the light frost does the best tunes
Not worried a bit... just want to make sure computer isn't going mess up performance b/c it's missing emission junk. I got a local guy I'm gonna have tune the car once I add long tubes...

Hey... how do you like your stranos... thinking about putting them on both my cars, but def my t/a and bilsteins on my t/a too
No issues with long tubes?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

stranos are awesome, def. the only lowering spring i would buy. i have american racing headers and would recomend them if you have the money they are so much easier to install than other brands and with these there is no ground clearence issues that you would get with slp's.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lsmaxxed
stranos are awesome, def. the only lowering spring i would buy. i have american racing headers and would recomend them if you have the money they are so much easier to install than other brands and with these there is no ground clearence issues that you would get with slp's.
For headers, I'm just gonna go with pacesetters... I have the supermaxx system on my 02 Z and love them... almost ten years on the car and they prob just need a good cleaning!!! But stranos for sure... I just wish they could have something diff then grey/silver color...
Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya strano spring and bilsteins shocks pr koni is a great setup
Old 07-29-2012, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Stranos are white bilsteins are yellow and stockers are orange but you cant see them unless you gey skinny wheels. Youll love stranos

Search this Thread