PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune in tulsa oklahoma needed....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile tune in tulsa oklahoma needed....

I have a 98 camaro ls 1 with a huge cam. that I just bought. I desperately need a tune for it because it's driving me insane. here's what it's doing... when I start it it will idle good. but when I put it into gear such as from park to reverse it wants to die out unless I give it gas. and the opposite when I put in for reverse to drive it wants to die unless I give it gas. I'm in tulsa oklahoma and looking to find out what could possibly be wrong. and find someone who can tune it here in tulsa. the person I got it from said it had already been on the dyno. but I don't take anyones word for that lol.... please any help is appreciated thank you. =D
Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PM Ed Wright here. Sounds like the kind of car he loves to tune and he is in Tulsa to boot.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:28 PM

Someone told me he wasnt tuning anymore
Old 07-30-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Someone told me he still tunes at his house.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 PM

okay great I will send him a message. thank you
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Get your car tuned? I bought a Frost tune via email, and then made a few changes with HPTuner, emailed him back with data, and will be making a few more small changes. Ed is loved by some and hated by some. He's been doing tunes for along time though. If he's still doing them, that might be your best bet. If not send me a pm, and Ill tell you how I did mine through email. It's not difficult or expensive.
But, there is also a tuner in Hennessy Oklahoma that has a good reputation. I can't remember there name, but send a pm or just call or txt, I'm in Tulsa
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed is still tuning He just doesnt have a dyno anymore. I talked to him a few months back But since Im closer to Dallas I can go a different route
Old 08-02-2012, 03:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

DRC motorsports down at 108th and memorial does tuning. Gerald seems pretty sharp and will be doing some tuning on my car once I add some meth to it. I dont know his screen name on here but google the company name and you'll get a phone number. Tell him Lucas sent you.

I'd stay away from Ed. Too many people say too many bad things about him. Some say good things as well but it seems to be more negative than anything and I have seen him be quite a dick on this forum a few times.

XP Racing in OKC did my TA a few years back. They do good work too but there is no point in driving that far if you just need a simple tune. Do like Larry said and check out frost.

Post some pics and tell us about the car.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully the guy put a stall in the car with that big a cam. Otherwise, it will always die when you put it in gear

Might want to look into that.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always read Ed is great with lt1's but not so much with ls1's, but I really have no idea that's just word of mouth. I say support a local high performance shop and go to DRC, think they got a grand opening special too. Just be sure to post some feedback wherever you go.

edit: scratch that i think the grand opening special is only for the clear bra, but idk give him a call he may do something for ya just to get his name out there you know.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 PM

ok thank you

Quick Reply: tune in tulsa oklahoma needed....