PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chasing My Tail....is my desired airflow suppose to be at 0?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chasing My Tail....is my desired airflow suppose to be at 0?

ive been having issues with this car every since i put it together with no help from the person i paid to tune it...i cant even pull the car out of the garage the way it is.i added a few pids to the scan and noticed my dynamic airflow to float around 29ish while my desired is around 0..is that right? im having issues with high fuel trims,the car has hanging rev's and it wont idle below 1300rpm.i have zero vacuum leaks.resealed everything to be sure,even bought a smoke kit to check for leaks....what gives....2000 trans am...i have more logs but this one is for starters
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
idle log1-20-13.hpl (27.8 KB, 54 views)
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow...no help in here i see............
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

Give it some time man. Not everyone is on here waiting for you to ask a question.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

watever....im sure if it said cant get my twin turbo lsx 454 to idle id have 50 responses by now....
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe you should build a twin turbo lsx 454 then

Seriously though give it sometime. There are a lot of smart people on here. However if you bitch no one has responded to your thread when it's still on the first page it might make people not want to help.

If I knew anything about tuning I would help you out. But I don't.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Maybe you should build a twin turbo lsx 454 then

Seriously though give it sometime. There are a lot of smart people on here. However if you bitch no one has responded to your thread when it's still on the first page it might make people not want to help.

If I knew anything about tuning I would help you out. But I don't.
maybe one day if i hit the lotto lol....

if u knew what ive been thru with this car and how much money i feel like i wasted you would understand the point im at now...the local shops around here suck.so i have to resort to the "intranetz"........
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

I understand somewhat. After my H/C/I/E swap nothing seemed to go right. I hated the car. Finally got everything lined out except the tune. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and learn how to do it myself. If its get screwed up atleast it will be by me and not someone else I paid.

You will get it lined out man.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 AM
Teching In

More information please....
Year, mogel, engine, mods......ect
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

"is around 0..is that right?" Nope. We don't use HPT. Does their site have stock tunes? Do you have the stock tune? [He DID save it, right??]
Take a look at a stock tune, and see how far your "tuner" has taken the basics...
Old 01-21-2013, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be a ton of different things going on, Without seeing the tune it is impossible to tell you the answer.

Did you try opening up your throttleblade a little bit via the screw?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your IAC is at 0 indicating a vacuum leak, the throttle blade is opened too far or an over ported throttle body.

Russ Kemp
Old 01-21-2013, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Russ K
Your IAC is at 0 indicating a vacuum leak, the throttle blade is opened too far or an over ported throttle body.

Russ Kemp
I spent 900 bucks for a new intake since everyone blamed the leaky typhoon intake I had previously.this fast 102 does the same exact thing as far as fuel trims but at least it idled.i figured the extra area from the 102tb is whats causing the high and hanging idle,but honestly I think the tune is just way off..i can post the tune when I get home.and if I open the tb more it just idles even higher..mechanically I have no vacuum leaks..this motor is sealed well.i was only abke to get the engine idled down by covering tb with cardboard gradually until it idled.once I covered it fully the engine shutoff...somehow the iac isnt doin its job.

In vcm controls I can play with the iac steps,itll only idle higher,wont go lower.
This is a frost tune.abd yes he gives 90 day free updates but he only can be reacehed by email and he flat out doesnt respond to them but he gets your money quick.i got emails from 4 months ago that I still havent got a reply for.when u call efi performance the shop he tunes at u can leave your number and wont get a call back...never again
Old 01-21-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

You need to CLOSE the throttle blade, not open it. Is there a hole drilled in the throttle blade?

Russ Kemp
Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Russ K
You need to CLOSE the throttle blade, not open it. Is there a hole drilled in the throttle blade?

Russ Kemp
Without seeing the calibration, we don't know. Depending on what the airflow tables and other things are set to, the values don't mean much unfortunately..
Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Doesn't matter where the airflow tables are at, the IAC and the desired airflow are both at 0. There is a mechanical issue.

Russ Kemp
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 PM
FormerVendor

The IAC may need to be reset as well. Sometimes they fudge up and end up halfway open with an IAC count of 0 however without seeing the car it's hard to tell. One way to find out though is to get the car running with the intake tube off the car and cover the IAC port up with your finger to see if it is sucking anything with the IAC at 0. It will always suck a little but shouldn't be a large volume of air. The only other thing I could see it being from the email and phone convo's with you is the injector o-rings leaking air around them. The fueling is definitely way off as well but it's not going to run right until it has control of idle.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think my culprit for the high and hanging idle is goin to be the godspeed 102tb.going to order new tb..then im going to tackle these high fuel trims...
Old 01-22-2013, 10:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've seen alot of bad 102tb's. Mostly FAST brand. The blade does not stop enough air because the blade is not big enough.

Pull the TB and hold it up to the light. If you see light around the whole blade it's leaking too much.
Had the best luck with Nick Williams.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

THAT CHEAP AS* GODSPEED THROTTLE BODY LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

the nick williams 102 came in today,which i may add is a very nice piece! got it installed an hell i couldnt get the car to idle it was sealed up so good.played around with the idle screw and tps and got it to somewhat hold an idle now.fought that godspeed for dang near 3 weeks now.pulled the intake multiple times...smh.now i can move on to fixing these high fuel trims.heres a log now with the new tb.about 4 minutes into the log is when i finally got it to hold an idle.but suddenly at 5:30 into the log the car stopped trimming altogether...what happend?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
finally.hpl (94.0 KB, 54 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With a Frost mail order tune you should of got instructions on how to setup your TB. My car would not idle for nothing but after receiving the instructions it idle good.

Quick Reply: Chasing My Tail....is my desired airflow suppose to be at 0?