PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is up with this POS. Need HELP with P0102.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is up with this POS. Need HELP with P0102.

Start from the begining. My car has been switched back and forth from stock to modd'd about 3 times now. About six months ago I started throwing a p0102 (Low MAF frequency) The car would heistate horribbly and couldnt idle and would even die at a stoplight ( motor completely stock, stock tune). I replaced the maf and have been fine up until a couple weeks ago. Here is where I am stumped

Two weeks ago I put some Grot's on. I didnt have anything to put after them so I drove home (2 miles) open header without the front o2's plugged in. I start having the exact same problem with the p0102. I figured it was just because the front o2's werent plugged in. Got the X pipe on there, plugged in the o2's, reset the pcm, still not fixed. Start doing research and found that the most popular cause was the engine sensor fuse being blown. Nope not blown. Ok, found one thread where the guy hasnt ever replaced his fuel filter, nope not it. Replaced maf again , nope not even 3 made a difference. Checked voltage to maf...5v, nope not it. Then I spin a rod bearing and put a new motor in, heads, cam, of course this has no effect.

I am getting pissed because this car is about to haul some serious nuts but I cant tell because of this stupid maf problem. Somethings worth noting. When I swap between maf's I can go drive around for 20 minutes and it hauls nuts and I actually get a maf reading from atap. If I park the car and go back an hour later it starts messing up immediately. The only thing I havent done is run new wire to the maf and replace the pcm. Another other suggestions? Sorry so long.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

tttttt
Old 08-30-2004, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

find out what this is yet? IM having the same problem
Old 08-30-2004, 08:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

MAF wants a 12V supply and the output wants
a 5V pullup load, resistive. Both need to be there.
If you have a DMM with frequency reading then
you should see about 2500Hz off a live MAF at idle.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

The P0102 code has been driving me crazy for a week.

I have replaced the MAF, checked the wiring, pulled and inspected every single fuse in the car, checked for leaks after the MAF, I am getting 12 volts for supply and 5 volts for the pullup, and and I just can't figure out what the problem is. Whatever it is is causes my car to bog when accelerating and run like crap. It idles decent, and is only present under load acceleration. At idle I can rev it and it revs fine. On the Tech II one of the readings for the MAF fails everytime it bogs during acceleration. And passes again immediately afterwards.

This all started last Friday after I spend 1hr and 45 minutes in traffic. On my last stretch home it started acting up and it is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting to hit the damn track but can't do anything until this is finished.

If anyone has any more suggestions on what I can check out to fix this it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Willie, my problem was the maf connector (pcm side). The little metal connectors were bent. At idle the connection was fine. Driving around was fine until one of the connectors disconnected from maf causing power loss to the maf. On the tech2 driving around when it bogs does the frequency just stop even though you are accelerating? CJ straightened out connectors and it hasnt happened since.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

hmm, do you have any clue which pin numbers they are at the PCM end?
Old 10-11-2004, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WillieD
hmm, do you have any clue which pin numbers they are at the PCM end?
No...you dont need to know the pin numbers. The problem was at the maf connector. Sorry if I confused you. What I meant by 'pcm side' was the pcm connector to the maf ...not the connection on the maf itself. Just disconnect the plug and look at the plug and make sure the connector things are straight.