Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me connect TunerPro rt via ALDU1_CABL2 to my 95 LT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down help me connect TunerPro rt via ALDU1_CABL2 to my 95 LT1

bout fed up with this junk. i downloaded tunerpro rt this morning. been researching how to use it all day. thought i had it figured out. i was WRONG.
i bought the moates ALDU1_CABL2 combo.
https://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cab....html?cPath=64
and ive been following this tutorial
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...-tutorial.html
i dont know whatt im supposed to import as the .bin file... or that i even need to.
i downloaded the EE.xdf definition file and imported it to tunerpro program.
i then did the same with the EEmanual.adx file.

i then skipped down to the "logging ALDL Data" section.
(all im trying to do here is read a damn SES light, i think im close to figuring it out after 3 weeks, $100, and 3 days of research) crying shame...

but when he is doing the cable set up i get lost. i did exactly what he said, with the cable hooked up, and the ign on. computer would not recognize the cable. maybe he was using a different one? idk. some one plz help, i have no clue how to trouble shoot.

also, i have a tune from PCM for less, simply running this program wont change the tune will it? i mean like import a .xdf or .adx file?

i thought maybe the connection error was in the cars wiring, because of an after market stereo and when u remove the key, the radio makes a chime thru the speakers, and the dash lights will only go on and off with radio, but when i go to set up the cable it only gives me one option to specify which port i am using, and that is COM1 and the USB ports are not numbered...

diagnostics test determines that cable is not connecting. something about a baud 8192?
Old 04-27-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Do you have a OBD1 or OBD2 connector under the dash? Use the Right cable

Its going to be a Com Port problem as its not communicating with each other,you need to be able to select the right Com port,might be your laptop settings i had tons of weird problems with mine when i first started out and its my laptop was FUBAR,make sure your computer has good health
Old 04-28-2013, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you install the usb drivers?

https://www.moates.net/usb-driver-p-215.html?cPath=33
Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sreve
I have not downloaded that... I'll give it a try when I get back home. Thank you. I hope I'm Wong but I have a feeling I'll hit some more speed bumps b4 I am able to get this operational.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Anyone know anything about the .bin file I should select? Also if I wanted to lower the idle just a bit, but I have H/C/I + bolt on car with a custom tune, then is there a way I can see what the tables are currently set to with out changing them? Don't want to mess up the time.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

i attempted to download the driver.... and the security certificate has a problem. it wont let me do ****! so i got on another laptop ive got and downloaded it with that computer and transfered it with a memory stick. ran the program on the computer and it opened a littl text view box where i could see it running commands, and then closes and never asks anything and i tried running tunerpro with nothing hooked up just to see if i had anther com port option and i do not so i dont think that this is working...
Old 04-28-2013, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

one step closer... ive got the cable being recognized now. its says "found and functional"
but when i press the button to recieve data, it shows on the bottom in a yellow box that says "DA: NOT CONNECTED" that box then turns pink-ish and says "DA: CONNECTING" for about 5 seconds or less then goes back to yellow with "DA: NOT CONNECTED"
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

i should state motor is not running when i try this. i was going to tr with motor running but battery is low from setting in the car with ign on trying to figure thi crap out and is now too low to crank, and it has been **** pouring rain here for the lst two days and i dont feel like getting the batterycharger out 50 FT away frommy garage in the pouring rain. anyone know the next step i should be taking in eliminating these problems? should i not have a .bin file uploaded to tunerpro when i am trying this?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

just for the hell of it i tried repeating the process to see if it would do anything differently when the OBD2 port and cable were not connected, and it does not. i am nt as close as i thought i was.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The .bin file you should use is in your car.
Years ago I tried TunerPro and bought TunerCat.
Here's a link with some really good TunerPro support.....

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ro-Tuning-Talk
Old 04-28-2013, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

The .bin file you should use is in your car.
Years ago I tried TunerPro and bought TunerCat.
Here's a link with some really good TunerPro support.....

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ro-Tuning-Talk
Well I don't have tune (info). So I don't use a .bin file?

I was on that forum searching thru stuff for an out 10 hrs one day, didn't get far. As I spent a lot of time defining terms instead of rolling thru learning,
Old 04-28-2013, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also as I remember TunerPro is a scanner\editor you will need TunerCat Win-flash
to read and flash your pcm.

Quote:So I don't use a .bin file?

yes you use the one in your pcm save a copy of the stock one edit the other one and flash it back to the pcm. Use Win-Flash to get the .bin
Old 04-28-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

Problem! Im reading I need to download a .bin file, that's the first thing they state, before the .xdf or .adx files. my problem is I still don't fully understand it's function. Is it a translator? Or template of the stock tune? I'm thinking if I download (a good one that wasn't recalled by GM) and attempt to adjust the idle, it will wipe my PCMforless tune off.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Also as I remember TunerPro is a scanner\editor you will need TunerCat Win-flash
to read and flash your pcm.

Quote:So I don't use a .bin file?

yes you use the one in your pcm save a copy of the stock one edit the other one and flash it back to the pcm. Use Win-Flash to get the .bin
i am beginning to understand. i have thr rt version and i believe that lets you tune... but i need to:
use tunerpro to read and save the current .bin
edit it
and submit the new one to the pcm

im about to go hook up the charger to the car and start it and hook this up to see if ive gotten any closer... so stay tuned! my luck i wouldnt be able to figure out how to find the codes assuming it does read...
Old 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

RT lets you tune if you have an emulator adx is a template for the scanner
xdf is a template for the editor. How accurate they are is anyones guess some are
probably good especially for the $EE. key on eng off to read and flash win-flash is only
$20. Downloading a bin can give you a look at how the editor works. Loading a
bin straight off the net can leave you with a paper weight for a pcm.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

mentally i am beyond fed up. i would like to have a fire and burn every windows computer in it, along with this program that seemingly takes a years worth or training to learn to read a damn DTC. the computer recognizes the cable. but it is not connecting to the car. the car has a backfire in it which i am thinking is the opti has got oil dripping on it from a leaky water pump drive seal. i have no way to know that for sure tho. which is why i decided to try to devise a way to read the car. i cant have it running all day playing with a way to get this sob to connect. who can i contact or PM maybe to find out what i need to get/download to get this to work. i need every single program, file, and command in order. starting from the top and ending with the last button i press to see my results. i dont give a care about tuning and dont need anything in that department. is there a more simplistic user friendly program that doesnt need all this 3rd party excess mumbojumbo? this crap is just way over my head, and i have no clue where to start, and i dont feel that i should have to spend 1/2 a year of my life dedicated to mastering a way to clear a check engine light....
Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTS Datamaster is free for the first 20 times you connect.
http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html
Old 04-28-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Regular

TTS Datamaster is free for the first 20 times you connect.
http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html
i had it downloaded but never used it. does it require all these files? or just open it, plug in the cable and read?

also, i think the program and cable are operating correctly. and i may have a wiring problem beyond the OBD port. my cig lighter works... fuses are good, ive looked at the pin up on shbox. but i dont know what would cause the connection error.

the program never connects to the vehicle. when i request the data, it will try to connect then stop at 3-4 sec. i am trying to get in touch with a friend to see if it will grab the codes off of his. also, ive brought up the data list, and selected f-cars. i can see all the variables there, but where/how do i go to look for the error codes? if it just displays them within the list how will i know if it is correct or not?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

In the same boat as you. theres noone out there that has step by step instructions for the average DIYer to use. i downloaded tunerpro rt for my 95 lt1 and nowhere does it say what cable or what drivers to use. just out of curiosity why did you get the moates cable and not a cable from aldlcables.com??
Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

This really is not the best place for OBD1 support have you joined up here?

http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewforum....dacbb19c2268bb

Eaglemark runs this forum and is well versed w\Tunerpro

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/forum.php

Not trying to run any body away from LS1 Tech it's a great site but TunerPro is not a common topic here.

Quick Reply: help me connect TunerPro rt via ALDU1_CABL2 to my 95 LT1