Sponsored by:

wanted: lt1edit 94-95 user

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default wanted: lt1edit 94-95 user

hey everyone,

i'm doing some work with lt1 bins, and i need someone that owns lt1edit to do me a small favor.

i need two .LT1 files that are identical, except for one has the EVAP transient fuel option disabled, so i can diff them and figure out exactly how that's accomplished.

can anyone help me out?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Launching!

bump..someone has to own a copy of this thing
Old 08-27-2013, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why don't you try a forum that caters more to LT1s like http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/
Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Launching!

i forgot that one, thanks
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 PM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by steveo_
hey everyone,

i'm doing some work with lt1 bins, and i need someone that owns lt1edit to do me a small favor.

i need two .LT1 files that are identical, except for one has the EVAP transient fuel option disabled, so i can diff them and figure out exactly how that's accomplished.

can anyone help me out?
What software are you trying to use?
Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Launching!

i'm using a hex editor.

no editor package has this evap thing nailed except lt1edit
Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 PM
9-Second Club

You are mistaken. I may be able to help you if you will answer my original question.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Launching!

your original question asks what software i'm trying to use

i will use a hex editor, tunercat, or tunerpro to edit my bins. hell, i'd use notepad at this point

i would appreciate any help. ccp duty cycle on an LT1 introduces fueling compensations, and there is no way to disable the CCP in any other tool but lt1edit without screwing up BLM enable.

simply using an out-of-range ccp enable min. temp in tunercat causes the ECM to be unable to enter regular blm modes, locking all normal driving to cell 18
Old 08-28-2013, 08:19 AM
9-Second Club

Then tunerpro would be what I was asking about. If you were using Tunercat I could help you.

You are mistaken about part of your assertions.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Launching!

i don't understand

i am using tunercat

please tell me what i'm mistaken about
Old 08-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Launching!

blocking off my ccp system messed with my trims in a way that seems to be related to the ccp duty cycle. putting the ccp system back in place brings my trims back in line

lt1edit's manual speaks of transient fuel associated with the ccp system, so i assumed lt1edit has a patch.. but i suppose that is a big assumption, and that is why i was asking for a lt1edit file to diff, and figure out exactly what's going on. that was mostly curiosity

of course i would much rather another solution to this issue, i have searched and searched, and not found one

you can't seem to just disable ccp from happening using the enable temp, it wont enter BLM mode, it just hangs around cell 18 until that temperature is reached

i really would appreciate any advice you can give me
Old 08-28-2013, 09:37 AM
9-Second Club

I saw tunerpro. Guess I'm blind. I have never seen a tunerpro bin, so don't know if they are the same as an LT1Edit bin, or a Tunercat. Check your PMs.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Launching!

thanks very much

they are all the same format, except for lt1edit (where the e-side and t-side are backwards)

the reason i use both? i love tunercat, but i tune my timing tables with tunerpro, because the 3d graphs crash on me sometimes.

also it's easier to develop patches and things with tunerpro. the tools to work directly with the binaries are built-in. i made my own patch for a blm locker in tunerpro in about a minute..
Old 08-28-2013, 12:25 PM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by steveo_
thanks very much

they are all the same format, except for lt1edit (where the e-side and t-side are backwards)

the reason i use both? i love tunercat, but i tune my timing tables with tunerpro, because the 3d graphs crash on me sometimes.

also it's easier to develop patches and things with tunerpro. the tools to work directly with the binaries are built-in. i made my own patch for a blm locker in tunerpro in about a minute..
You don't need a patch. If you know how, you just add a couple is constants in Tunercat. Did mine almost ten years ago.
So, you need a 3D graph to do spark tables? Why?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Launching!

when i make a change to a timing table, viewing the graph gives me a good idea of what other adjacent points need to be adjusted, or if suddenly there's a gigantic spike somewhere, it helps me realize ive made an error

but timing tables are one thing that i still suck at, and perhaps that's because the ones i used as a reference for similar cars with similar cams were very poorly done. everyone seems to put quite a bit of curvature or 'smoothing' into them where it isn't necessary

i still have yet to make my own timing table that performs as well as the one ion originally wrote for this setup (previous owner of the car purchased it for the cam only) it's pretty much right on the money, even though it looks a little wacky.

why do i want to try to make my own if ions works so well? how else am i supposed to learn how this stuff works.

when you say add a couple constants, you mean add them to the definition because they aren't already there? that's pretty much what i did, but it's easier in tunerpro, and i didn't see any need to make them adjustable, so i just called it a patch so it's a one-click thing
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM
9-Second Club

Smooth curves have nothing to do with spark tables.

Spark tables I have seen with like 47 degrees at high vacuum/low RPM are great for promoting cam surge. Not much else. It would be fuel economy with a stock cam. Big cam/low vacuum: you aren't driving under any load over there anyway. Pretty much coasting.

As for the constants deal, just slide the arrow from one side to the other to block BLMs or not. Clearly show if they are locked or not.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Launching!

yeah, you're right. i do realize that bigger cams usually like less total advance.. but this is a fairly small cam and produces strong vacuum, and when i first saw ion's table vs. the stock one, i went.. holy crap.. that's nowhere near my best guess

this one just steps right up to full advance in a shot, and there's very little difference between cruising map and loaded

sure works, though. every time i've tried to add a bit of timing in driving range, in spots where you'd figure you would gain some efficiency, it's gotten choppy. i suppose i should leave it alone

i guess you're right about the blm locker being better expressed as constants. i don't really need the locker as much now that i've got my blm split resolved

Quick Reply: wanted: lt1edit 94-95 user