Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about O2 sensors

I installed my headers & off road y recently and unplugged the O2 sensors for now. I am getting the car tuned & O2 deleted. In the meantime, will these codes cause any problems?
Old 05-03-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just so long as you left the front O2 sensors in , won't be a problem... the rear o2s are only for emissions... the codes won't cause any performance decrease
Old 05-03-2004, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by horist
just so long as you left the front O2 sensors in , won't be a problem... the rear o2s are only for emissions... the codes won't cause any performance decrease
Nope, the are not hooked up. What now?
Old 05-03-2004, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

IMHO,
when your tuning using a tool like LS1edit your NOT turning the functions off, your just preventing the PCM from tripping the error codes to be stored or turning on/off SES light.
The rear O2s have more function then claimed for they also play a part on cold start to determine overall what the injector pulse width will be for that drive cycle.

Originally Posted by Unstang
I installed my headers & off road y recently and unplugged the O2 sensors for now. I am getting the car tuned & O2 deleted. In the meantime, will these codes cause any problems?
Old 05-03-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team ZR-1
IMHO,
when your tuning using a tool like LS1edit your NOT turning the functions off, your just preventing the PCM from tripping the error codes to be stored or turning on/off SES light.
The rear O2s have more function then claimed for they also play a part on cold start to determine overall what the injector pulse width will be for that drive cycle.
You are correct, I am just getting the codes shut off.

I am not going to run O2 sims. Do I have any worries between now and the time I have the codes shut off?
Old 05-03-2004, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Unstang
You are correct, I am just getting the codes shut off.

I am not going to run O2 sims. Do I have any worries between now and the time I have the codes shut off?
No you will not have real ill engine conditions but I would turn the codes off as soon as you can so PCM can complete the IM tests.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like horist said as long as the fronts are connected and reading you'll be ok, just will have an SES light over it.

if the car is being tuned just have the rear 02's deleted from the tuning. will be the only way to do it really if you aren't going to run sims.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
like horist said as long as the fronts are connected and reading you'll be ok, just will have an SES light over it.

if the car is being tuned just have the rear 02's deleted from the tuning. will be the only way to do it really if you aren't going to run sims.
What if the fronts are not connected?

Car runs OK...