Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using a LQx harness and ecu in a 98 Tran Am

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Using a LQx harness and ecu in a 98 Tran Am

I sold my harness and ecu out of my Trans Am so I need am in need of a setup. I just picked up a 2002 LQ9, can I use the harness and ecu in my T/A? Will I get the same benefits from the harness and Ecu that I would if I picked up a 00-02 F-Body setup? When I am ready to swap to a M6, could I be able to set up the LQ harness for a T56?

Thanks!

Last edited by RONIN LSX; 12-28-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are the same harnesses basically f-body pcm is located pass side firewall trucks are located near radiator, frame rail area driv. side

meaning to use that harness you will need to shorten bank 1 coil/injectors and lengthen bank 2

also other sensors will need to be lengthen\shorten pending your routing

while you have the harness opened up remove all emissions if you want at that time

that pcm also will work with the trans swap as well

I just got done wiring a ls1 into a mustang, supra, s10, and a 1994 Camaro m6 turbo all using the truck harness
Old 12-28-2013, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadLuck
They are the same harnesses basically f-body pcm is located pass side firewall trucks are located near radiator, frame rail area driv. side

meaning to use that harness you will need to shorten bank 1 coil/injectors and lengthen bank 2

also other sensors will need to be lengthen\shorten pending your routing

while you have the harness opened up remove all emissions if you want at that time

that pcm also will work with the trans swap as well

I just got done wiring a ls1 into a mustang, supra, s10, and a 1994 Camaro m6 turbo all using the truck harness

If I was willing to keep the ecu up by the radiator, in the Trans Am, would I be able to use it as is? I just don't have any experience in cutting up harnesses and the last thing I need, is to create an electrical Gremlin, lol...
Old 12-28-2013, 02:11 AM

lol yes and if I remember correctly the large square plug also plugs into the relay box located there also youll have to extend the 3 small plugs back to the pass. side... Ill double check these locations and give you a exact breakdown tomorrow
Old 12-28-2013, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just thought of something... will the harness need to be repinned for the gauge cluster in my 98 T/A?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:12 AM

alt,oil pressure,ect, low oil sensor, speedo, are sent to gauge cluster through the small c220

tach through c230

serial data through c105 goes to obd2 plug

do you have ac, crusie, etc what trans do you have
Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadLuck
alt,oil pressure,ect, low oil sensor, speedo, are sent to gauge cluster through the small c220

tach through c230

serial data through c105 goes to obd2 plug

do you have ac, crusie, etc what trans do you have
Yeah, I have a/c, ect... fully loaded convertible. I just remember being told that if I use a 99-02 harness and ecu, that I would have to repin it for the gauge cluster to work.

BTW... I will be getting rid of my a/c since I the car is a vert, but I will be keeping the heat.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:44 AM

Ill get you the exact pin locations for both there might be a couple small differences but simple enough if you have a continuity tester

Quick Reply: Using a LQx harness and ecu in a 98 Tran Am