Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector Tuning, First Attempt

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Injector Tuning, First Attempt

So I bought a set of the Racetronix 42# 01d030x injectors, kind of regretting it now but am making the best of it.

I have the Flow Rate vs. KPA, Min Injector Pulse, Default Injector Pulse and Offset vs. Volts vs VAC configured.

I'm not sure of the manifold vacuum scaling for the flow rate, though I have it configured at 48.860 for 0 vacuum. (so at least I adjusted from the default 42# at 43.5 PSI)

I kind of guessed for the scaling.

For the Offset vs. Volts vs VAC I got a chart from the manufacturer that let me get 0 vac values in. I then looked at the stock values at 80 vac and found the percentage increase from stock at 0. Then increased my new 0 vac values by the same amount and blended the values in between.

I don't have any logs or configs as I haven't plugged it in, is my methodology sound and are there other fields I can configure for these injectors without running a log? (not much data on them)
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
01d030x LS1 Fbody.hpt (455.0 KB, 71 views)
Old 06-16-2014, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

So, should I load that tune and try and run it to get the log and cfg? I'm worried about loading the tune as I've never changed injectors and can't find much data on them or what the worse case scenario is. I guess it stalls or runs poorly?

I don't have the wideband plugged in yet and think my duty cycle will be around 50% + or - 5%

Tips? Advice?
Old 06-17-2014, 06:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Hook up the wb, b4 you start changing "stuff"...
Old 06-23-2014, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have two MTX-L widebands plugged into the o2 check sensors 1 behind eacg cat. Passenger side got to hot and threw and E8 halfway through my drive.

Off throttle it goes to 8/1 AFR and idles at 10/1 or so. This seems overly rich to me, what do you guys think?

I tried to attach the log and config like they do on the hpt forum, but it says invalid file and doesn't let me upload.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I realize I'm a noob here. Going through the SD tune directions now, any pointers would be good.

Apparently I need to lower the refresh rate of my sensors. I'll do that when I get home.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to fat and you will wash the cylinders, 8:1 is extremely RICH. If it ever goes that rich I would shut the car down and take out some more. The best time to do this is when it's late at night or early morning so you won't suffer from heatsoak which will have you chasing your tail tuning the VE table

Getting the injector data is the worst part. Anyone who tells you its wrong will have someone else tell them it's wrong and also that person is wrong too.

Good luck and I hate tuning but try to atleast.

Couple pointers if you haven't for SD tuning

If the MAF is a 3 wire then unplug it. If not keep it hooked up as the IAT is built in (5 wire).
Fuel > OL & CL > EQ Ratio = Change Cells from 140 all the way across to 1.00
Closed Loop Enable = Change to 285
Turn off STFT OL and LTFT
COT Lean Cruise = Disable COT
Cutoff DFCO = Change Enable Temp to 285
DFCO Enable Clutch Transition = Change Enable temp to 285

Here's a wildcard for different injectors other than stock that might need to be changed.

Fuel > Transient > Min Fuel Milligrams = If that is stock it needs to be lowered. I'm not familiar with it but I have 60# injectors and stock mine was .032 and I've halved it.

Here's a pdf I used

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrTH...2VGzzUOWrqdTc-

Last edited by danieloneil01; 06-23-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Putting the stock injectors back on and going back to the stock tune, there is no real good support for the "racetronix" 42# injectors (which are rated at 43.5psi and are actually 49# injectors)

I'll screw around with this when I have more time I guess.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you bought the injectors from racetronix they have a forum where you can get the data but it's not everything you would need.

Quick Reply: Injector Tuning, First Attempt