PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen III Flex fuel Write-up

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 895 Likes on 637 Posts

After reading this entire thread, I still have a question.

I have a 00' TT Hawk that has ran for the past year with no problem. I added a FF sensor(bought from Racetronix last year), grabbed a 02 Tahoe FF tune from the HPT repository, changed A BUNCH of stuff in the tune.

With the same VE table that it has ran on before, it will start, idle for a few seconds then go full lean an die. I added 30% to the bottom end of the VE table and it will run, barely, and the WB is still showing 1.4 Lambda.

Alcohol content shows 21%, which I think is really high because it has pump gas in it. The fuel was really low, so I put 10 gallons of fresh 93 in it last night. Alcohol content still shows 21%.

How long does it take for the sensor to update?

Has anyone else had to add a bunch of fuel when doing the OS change? This is the first time I've ever done it. I have changed so many things on the Tahoe OS to get it to match the tune that was in it, I've lost count.

Thanks for any help.

Old 05-23-2023, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I put the old tune in it with the stock OS and it started and idled fine. I've probably changed something on the Tahoe OS that didn't need to be changed. I went though and tried to make everything the same as the stock OS, but I've made a fatal error somewhere.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10

I have a 00' TT Hawk that has ran for the past year with no problem. I added a FF sensor(bought from Racetronix last year), grabbed a 02 Tahoe FF tune from the HPT repository, changed A BUNCH of stuff in the tune.

With the same VE table that it has ran on before, it will start, idle for a few seconds then go full lean an die. I added 30% to the bottom end of the VE table and it will run, barely, and the WB is still showing 1.4 Lambda.

Alcohol content shows 21%, which I think is really high because it has pump gas in it. The fuel was really low, so I put 10 gallons of fresh 93 in it last night. Alcohol content still shows 21%.

Has anyone else had to add a bunch of fuel when doing the OS change? This is the first time I've ever done it. I have changed so many things on the Tahoe OS to get it to match the tune that was in it, I've lost count.

Thanks for any help.
02 Tahoe OS is the shittiest way to turn Fbody to Flexfuel and the tune is probably not right either. The sensor reads the instant it sees the fuel.
Old 05-23-2023, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Guillaume Malaquin
02 Tahoe OS is the shittiest way to turn Fbody to Flexfuel and the tune is probably not right either. The sensor reads the instant it sees the fuel.
Thanks for the reply. If not the Tahoe OS, which one?

I compared it with a stock 02 tune and changed a bunch of things and it runs now and the FF sensor updated and has settled around 11%.

However my airbag light and every other light is on the dash now. I still consider it a small win that the car actually will run now.
Old 05-24-2023, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the reply. If not the Tahoe OS, which one?

I compared it with a stock 02 tune and changed a bunch of things and it runs now and the FF sensor updated and has settled around 11%.

However my airbag light and every other light is on the dash now. I still consider it a small win that the car actually will run now.
P59, 2004 Hummer H2 603 OS, with Engine segment swap of a Tahoe FF. The only thing that doesn't work is ASR/TCS with that
Old 05-25-2023, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Thanks for any help.
If the gas tune is correct, then you shouldn't need to touch the VE when switching to E85. The Stoich table has to be populated correctly for the different percentages of E or the issue you described will occur.
Old 05-26-2023, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

What is everyone doing for the transient fuel tab? There's a huge difference in the numbers between the 2002 Tahoe OS and 2002 stock F body OS.

Old 08-10-2023, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I am very late on this but I want to do this mod...

I have a 99 Z28 with a stock block LS3 & BTR Stage 2 Cam, Walboro 255lb fuel pump.

Will I need to make any hardware changes to handle the fuel?
What PCM has been determined to be the most suitable for an F-Body attempting this endeavor and is any re-pinning required? If so, what pins?
Will all the gauges work with the new PCM without re-pinning?
Currently my knock sensors are disabled. My tuner was not able to get them to work properly after the swap. Will my knock sensors need to function for the flex fuel sensor to work properly?
Can I tune for more power while using E85?

Quick Reply: Gen III Flex fuel Write-up