Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Dominator wideband o2 harness pigtail swap question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Holley Dominator wideband o2 harness pigtail swap question

I'm wanting to run dual widebands with the Holley Dominator ECU. Holley calls for their wideband sensor, the "Holley Bosch LSU4 wideband sensor" and it sells for $95.

Innovative Motorsports sells a Bosch LSU4.2 wideband sensor that sells for $58.

As far as I can tell they are exactly the same besides the pigtail. I have two of the male pigtails from Innovative and two new Innovative Bosch sensors. Would it be possible to swap the pigtail on the Holley harness to be able to use the Innovative wideband sensor if they are in fact the same?

Last edited by Jc803; 10-19-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Came across this. Not sure if its saying to replace the 4.2 with the 4.0 or the other way around. If anything I'll just wait to get the harness and try the 4.2 that I already have.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness
Old 10-19-2015, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

I made a post on the Holley forums and they replied with this,

"It's a proprietary wideband O2 sensor (Link), specifically made & calibrated for Holley EFI."

The link takes me to the Holley Bosch LSU4 wideband. Hopefully someone knows if you can change the pigtails and make the Bosch LSU4.2 wideband work. Its half the price, and a better sensor. Whats not to love about that. Or hell getting a LSU4.9 sensor to work would be even better.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:03 AM

Received 426 Likes on 325 Posts

Sorry you aren't getting answers here, but $95 seems like a reasonable price for a wideband sensor. I recall a thread on another product where the company wanted $250+ for their "specifically made & calibrated" O2 sensor and there was justifiable a lot of resistance to that.

Speaking of "resistance", wideband sensors have a calibration resistor in them and it is therefore plausible that it has a custom resistor value for Holley.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Mrvedit, For me it wasnt really about the price, it was about being able to use the LSU4.2 instead of a LSU4. Plus the fact that I have 2 brand new Innovative LSU4.2 sensors that I keep for back ups but thats besides the point.

But you are correct. From what I've found so far, and what a Holley admin has told me, the Holley/Bosch LSU4 advertised on their website has actually been changed to a LSU4.2, but kept the same pigtail. But even though it is now a LSU4.2 it still shows its a LSU4 in their products page. Also they are calibrated to the Holley ECUs.

Long story short I'm fine with that and have already purchased 2 of the Holley sensors. I just couldnt come to accept paying $100 for LSU4 sensors when you can get LSU4.2 sensors for $50. But it all makes sense now.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:53 PM

Excellent. And good info.
I plan to switch to the Holley Dominator EFI in the future.
When I run out of other things to upgrade.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Mrvedit, here is everything you'll need. Just a heads up. I had no idea so much was needed/not included. $2000 turned into $3,800 real quick.

I can understand the ECU and harness being separate since the ECU is universal. But I think the power wire should be included in the harness, no matter which harness you pick. Same can be said with the injector harness. The LS harness should include injector harness for stock style injectors and make different injector harnesses add ons. Also the LS harness can only use one wideband, if you want to run dual widebands theres an additional harness for that also.

Of course the digital dash is optional but worth it in my opinion. Saves money and dash space for gauges, less wiring, and the ability to tune or change tunes on the fly without taking my laptop with me everywhere like I do with HP Tuners.

Name:  Screenshot%2044_zpsyagd3z6g.png
Views: 830
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot%2045_zps0b0ar42p.png
Views: 815
Size:  27.9 KB
Old 10-21-2015, 10:12 AM

Thank you for documenting everything needed for a complete Holley setup. I suspect this will help many future readers of this thread.

Obviously the $800 "Digital Dash" is optional, but sure is cool.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc803
I'm wanting to run dual widebands with the Holley Dominator ECU. Holley calls for their wideband sensor, the "Holley Bosch LSU4 wideband sensor" and it sells for $95.

Innovative Motorsports sells a Bosch LSU4.2 wideband sensor that sells for $58.

As far as I can tell they are exactly the same besides the pigtail. I have two of the male pigtails from Innovative and two new Innovative Bosch sensors. Would it be possible to swap the pigtail on the Holley harness to be able to use the Innovative wideband sensor if they are in fact the same?

the answer is that Holley uses a Sensor specifically calibrated for the ECU
it has a specific resistance and inductance to work to a specific tolerance and accuracy with the Holley ECU's

so you cannot use just any sensor and swap a pigtail....
if you try to do that...it will not work properly
Old 11-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm considering going with the dominator ecu, so if I'm understanding correctly it only requires 1 wideband, with the ability to run 2? So if you choose to only run 1, you run just a normal o2 sensor on the opposite side?
Old 11-07-2015, 01:09 AM
11 Second Club

No, there isnt a place for a narrowband o2. If you choose to only run 1 wideband then you would cap off the bung on the other side.

Quick Reply: Holley Dominator wideband o2 harness pigtail swap question