PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is the best damn tuner in the midwest Holley HP EFI ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 397 Likes on 289 Posts

Default Who is the best damn tuner in the midwest Holley HP EFI ?

I have Holley HP EFI on my LS stroker and I'm tired of trying to figure out my car. It runs, drives, goes, but isn't real refined. Tried a couple local shops with dynos. They certainly did better job than I can, but I need more help to get the manners and drivability spot on. Preferably in Illinois or Indiana.

Please drop me some names. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it would cost a ton of coin to have enough time spent on it to make it perfect. It takes countless hrs to hit near OE drive ability. I bet it would take most tuners a minimum of 40-60hrs at min to make it run a like a fairly tuned stock ECM/Car with the same type of mods.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm , this doesn't sound too promising for myself . I was hoping my boosted ls1 would be pretty street friendly . Looks like I'm going back to the dyno soon :/ I'm basically stock other than a cam, valve train, turbo and meth injection though.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by QwkTrip
I have Holley HP EFI on my LS stroker and I'm tired of trying to figure out my car. It runs, drives, goes, but isn't real refined. Tried a couple local shops with dynos. They certainly did better job than I can, but I need more help to get the manners and drivability spot on. Preferably in Illinois or Indiana.

Please drop me some names. Thanks.
I thought the whole point of the prohibitively expensive holley injection setups was you spent the extra cash so you didn't have to mess around with them. Plug n play self learning
Old 10-06-2016, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

It self learns air fuel ratio, it won't completely tune the vehicle , you set a target air fuel ratio and it will hit it
Old 10-06-2016, 08:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

And compared to consistently changing parts , and repeatedly going to a dyno , I'd say the cost of the software is no more then what one would pay for dyno tuning. It supports a ton of features all wrapped in one . Boost control, launch control, water/meth injection, just to name a few . I've heard it's very easy to learn as opposed to other tuning software as well
Old 10-06-2016, 12:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 7pane
I thought the whole point of the prohibitively expensive holley injection setups was you spent the extra cash so you didn't have to mess around with them. Plug n play self learning
There is nothing out there that is self learning that I know of. All the EFI systems that advertise self learning just adjust the fuel using a wideband o2 sensor. You still have to set all the other other parameters in the ecm, timing, idle, injector data, base fuel table, commanded afr, ignition setup, and the list goes on. If you have all those setup correctly then it can adjust your fuel using the wideband sensor.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah. Dynos are great for WOT fuel/spark, maybe a little steady state tuning if they have roller brake capability. But if you need to tune all the accel and transition fueling, you need to street drive around for quite a while with a tuner in the passenger seat tapping away on his laptop......."Self learning" won't adjust those parameters, and they matter a lot to "driveability feel".

Quick Reply: Who is the best damn tuner in the midwest Holley HP EFI ?