Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need GOOD OS 12216125 with 4l80e

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need GOOD OS 12216125 with 4l80e

I've done the Flex Fuel sensor install using OS 12216125. After locating a 4l80e file that uses the same OS and performing a segment swap the trans would not downshift from third to first when coming to a stop. Hptuners support sent me a different file which solved the downshift problem but now the TC will not stay locked in 4th and when the shift selector is in D3 the TC will lock even thou in the tune it should not lock in third at all. It will constantly lock then unlock until I let off the gas to get below my targeted lockup speed. Before the OS change the trans worked perfectly so I'm ruling out mechanical issues. Does anybody have a GOOD WORKING 4l80e file with the above OS that they don't mind sharing? Any suggestions relating to the problem is also welcomed.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 05-17-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I contacted Hptuners and they said that their segment swapper tool works as described so it must be something on my end.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

and it was locking/unlocking normally before the OS swap?

are you logging all the stuff that affects lockup?

i've had some issues with the segment swapper and lockup myself and never got it fixed, just disabled it and hooked up a switch to ground the tcc solenoid. its not a daily so it doesnt bother me much.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:06 AM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Heres a link to my 125 OS from a couple days ago. Its mostly untouched.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...l=1#post484080

The OS has been updated to a 2-bar. Still, you might want to just open and copy the 4l80e parameters. The 4l80e I have shifts and runs absolutely flawlessly. What you describe sounds like conflicting commands. I noticed last night that the TCC lock table references TPS per given MPH variables and in the unlock portion the data is reversed, asking for mainly TPS where MPH is the constant. So it is possible to tell the trans to both lock and unlock at the same time without realizing it.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
Heres a link to my 125 OS from a couple days ago. Its mostly untouched.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...l=1#post484080

The OS has been updated to a 2-bar. Still, you might want to just open and copy the 4l80e parameters. The 4l80e I have shifts and runs absolutely flawlessly. What you describe sounds like conflicting commands. I noticed last night that the TCC lock table references TPS per given MPH variables and in the unlock portion the data is reversed, asking for mainly TPS where MPH is the constant. So it is possible to tell the trans to both lock and unlock at the same time without realizing it.
Thanks for the file. It corrected my locking and unlocking problem but now it won't lock at the MPH that I have set in the tune. Above you mentioned "TCC lock table references TPS", can you explain this a little more clearly and what did you do to over come this. I do wanna say that my trans is shifting great now. Just gotta work this issue out now. BTW, this was the third file that I used. The other two were junk.

Last edited by Monte4ever; 07-25-2017 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Banned

the X-axis for lockup constants are in TPS%, where the number you input is in MPH

The un-lock table is reversed. The x-axis is in MPH and the number you input is in TPS%.

If the converter isn't locking when you tell it to but does everything else properly you might need to use the speedo-wizard to recalibrate the speed sensors. Does the speedo in the scanner read the correct speed? Might want to verify that.

also check for codes. if it throws a TCC code it will stop locking up.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Never looked at actual MPH vs what the scanner is reading after installing this OS and I don't have any trans codes. I'll definitely look at how the X and Y axis is setup.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
the X-axis for lockup constants are in TPS%, where the number you input is in MPH

The un-lock table is reversed. The x-axis is in MPH and the number you input is in TPS%.

If the converter isn't locking when you tell it to but does everything else properly you might need to use the speedo-wizard to recalibrate the speed sensors. Does the speedo in the scanner read the correct speed? Might want to verify that.

also check for codes. if it throws a TCC code it will stop locking up.
After changing OS's the Gear/Tire Wizard is the only thing that I forgot to adjust SMH. Thanks for pointing this out cause it was definitely off. I haven't driven it yet so hopefully everything will be A-ok.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, that was the problem. She shifts and locks like she suppose to. Thanks KingtalOn.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Banned

The drivability is exactly right.
try turning off shiftlock, it solved an 1860TCC code for me, and I think also fixed the late unlock/lock.

The ways these transmissions can shift keeps up me up at night, imaging myself in the driver seat, I am too excited to sleep

Last edited by kingtal0n; 08-11-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Need GOOD OS 12216125 with 4l80e