Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VE excel calibration worksheet

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default VE excel calibration worksheet

At one point I saw a VE calibration worksheet.

It was formula driven, so you plug in what you have logged and it fills in the table based on expected values.

Does anyone have one or know where I can find it.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2017, 12:03 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Dave Steck had one for the MAF curve based on third order polynomials.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill00Formula
At one point I saw a VE calibration worksheet.

It was formula driven, so you plug in what you have logged and it fills in the table based on expected values.

Does anyone have one or know where I can find it.

Thanks
I've checked it out in the past. It's very roughly estimates a table that wouldn't be suitable for driving. It's not really even an in the ballpark thing. Closer to an in the same city thing.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
Dave Steck had one for the MAF curve based on third order polynomials.
The MAF curve does follow a third order polynomial. People who end up with a MAF curve all bent out of shape usually are not filtering transients properly, if at all. Also, the MAF isn't very forgiving to bad injector data... if the injector data is really bad, the MAF will become virtually impossible to tune.

The VE table can be calculated from the MAF, but it's only going to end up as good as the bias table lets it. You also have the problem in HPTuners of having to calculate the bias and GM filters the bias so your calculation is not really going to match the PCM calculated value unless you're in steady ECTs and IATs for a reasonably long time. EFILive users can log DAT and do a better VE calculation.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

This is true.

I've been trying to get HPT to do the MAF>VE population as a first cut to save time. But it hates it.

Time to switch over to EFI Live anyway. Diesel support is better and that's like most tunes nowadays.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Bill,

It's been a while, but if you still have your EFILive, we have some calc pids that calculate the VE table from the MAF table (and vice-versa depending on which OS/PCM you're running).

Old 06-02-2017, 05:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
This is true.

I've been trying to get HPT to do the MAF>VE population as a first cut to save time. But it hates it.

Time to switch over to EFI Live anyway. Diesel support is better and that's like most tunes nowadays.
With the Gen 3 PCMs it's easier to go VE>MAF. HpTuners doesn't support MAT as a scannable parameter for the Gen 3 stuff. MAF calculations don't require MAT.
​​​​
​​​​​
Old 06-03-2017, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Joe,

Hope all is well. I do still have EFI Live. I thought the spreadsheet would be good to fill in those areas that no data was obtained as well as adjust the data you did get to fit the normal trends in the VE table. I don't know how sophisticated or accurate it was but it looked like it could be pretty good. I had it saved in on my computer but I had some issues with my computer so it seems like I lost it.

Thanks, I'll have to see if I can find those PIDs.

Looks like I'll need to get HP tuners since EFI isn't working on some of the tables for the newer cars. At least that's what I've read.

Quick Reply: VE excel calibration worksheet