Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all Holley Dominator / HP F-Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Holley Dominator / HP F-Bodies

What did you guys do with your Big C Connectors on the passenger side there ? Trace back and eliminate ? Tuck and hide ?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

I am going to tuck and hide mine. I don't think there is anything in that part of the harness that is important after switching to the Holley.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Has anyone came up with a way to run factory gauges with these Holley setups? I'd imagine it's probably like the guys running the MS3 systems and I believe they are splicing into the factory ecu??

What's the benefit of running these Holley's over the factory ecu? I'm going to get my Nitrous setup someday when funds replenish and I know that running an aftermarket setup would be beneficial. Do you guys gain a lot in tuning? Or increased reliability Driving?
Old 12-07-2017, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by neblackshirts

What's the benefit of running these Holley's over the factory ecu? I'm going to get my Nitrous setup someday when funds replenish and I know that running an aftermarket setup would be beneficial. Do you guys gain a lot in tuning? Or increased reliability Driving?
Assignable input and outputs, built in wideband, Logging. I think for a daily driver with little mods you'd be better off with a stock ECU, Heavily modded or strip only the Holley system allows you to control/monitor everything and log runs. I'm running a Dominator ECU on a supercharged 2000 S10 that's daily driven.
I also have the Holley dash so one screen displays Speed/RPM/Oil pressure /Coolant Temp/Oil Temp/Trans Temp/Volts/Boost/AIT's/AFR/Flex fuel and it can monitor anything I want/need it to, It can also be configured as a virtual switch panel.
Basically if you want to control/monitor something the Holley will do it.
You can configure multiple fail safes so you run to hot/no oil pressure/over boost and so on it can be configured to pull timing/shut down whatever you want it to do.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neblackshirts
Has anyone came up with a way to run factory gauges with these Holley setups? I'd imagine it's probably like the guys running the MS3 systems and I believe they are splicing into the factory ecu??

It's not possible. Sucks but if you are at the level of needing standalone efi forget about it. Holley sells a GPS device for an odometer in the digital dash. Holley is hands down the best efi right now. You gain so much switching to it. The new V4 is endless you can do anything. You will see things in your log that the dash doesn't show such as the flawed oil pan design losing oil pressure on launch to dual vss traction control
Old 12-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

I use a 97 dash in my 01. Just use the correct sensors.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I would not want to use 20 year old gauges in a car I was running holley efi. We run the digital touch in everything we can or after market gauges. The stock clusters are not that accurate in the first place.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sube
I am going to tuck and hide mine. I don't think there is anything in that part of the harness that is important after switching to the Holley.
I am installing HP EFI at the moment. All of the connectors on the passenger side can be unplugged. I am currently tracing all the wires back to the fuse panel and deleting what I don't need. Just wanted to confirm what you had said.