PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019 | 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by truckdoug
yes and no. Pete and I were jabbering about stand alone boost controller that ran off canbus data. I had poo-pooh'd the PID idea since I really didnt quite understand how well it works when set up correctly.

But yes, on the stock pcm it was supposed to be possible with the introduction of the HPT MVPI 1 pro. it had four working inputs from the beginning, with 4 user configurable outputs and tables to come later....which never came. much to the disappointment of those of us that bought the pro for that reason.

That's all ancient history now of course.

If there was someone motivated enough they could use existing, unused PCM logic switching (like egr for example) to control another PID. Would take a pretty savvy coder though
The issue is compatibility. I tried a couple of different commercial tools and none of them were able to get along with another tool on the data bus with out running into issue. Oddly enough I had no issues with another tool on the data bus so either commercial tools got lazy and skimped on the filtering in the hardware or the software. I did find it odd that a Chinese tech 2 clone had no issues with another tool on the bus yet logging in commercial tuning tools freaked out. Going to have to give China a +1 on that lol.
The following users liked this post:
truckdoug (11-13-2019)
Old 11-15-2019 | 06:47 PM

Got LS Droid V0.1.9 on my phone. Trying to download V0.2.0. Every time my phone tries to go to google drive to hold the file, Google Drive crashes. Is there another way to get the apk? using an LG V20 with Android 8.0.0. Made sure I have install unknown apps enabled. Any ideas?
Old 11-15-2019 | 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PeteS160
I have no idea if this will install outside of the app itself since a lot of whats in it comes from version 0.1.9 but you can give it a shot.

Download Ls Droid V0.2.0
See the link above for a direct download.
The following 2 users liked this post by PeteS160:
kpeters59 (11-16-2019), Matthew McCoy (11-17-2019)
Old 11-16-2019 | 03:31 PM

Smile

See the link above for a direct download.

That did the job. Was able to pull it down to my google drive on my PC and then open on the phone after that. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2019 | 03:41 AM
Teching In

i am having issues with a read on a vz ss commodore P59 controller with Lsdroid, getting "invalid hexadecimal number" error at the start of read. the app seems to id fine the PCM etc.
i have pulled every fuse possible to make everything shut up along the bus with no luck.ABS, radio x2, amp and more.
i have done 30 odd P01 pcms on the bench with your tool flawlessly. i am think i may need to bench the P59?
has anyone tried a P59 read in car with success?
i am using ObdLink MX+ with latest firmware and Android 8.1.0
i have attached logs, i am getting DATAERROR. during the very start of read

Attached Files
File Type: txt
Error log.txt (3.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: txt
log.txt (195.3 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by tris909; 11-20-2019 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-20-2019 | 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Either there is something talking(another module) on the data bus causing a message collision of there is an issue with the ODBLink device. There was someone not all that long ago from AU that had a similar issue but they never posted if they were able to resolve the issue with what I suggested testing.

Use the OBDLink app and try to update the firmware on the device. I have run into a similar issue where a "New" ODBLink device was shipped with firmware that didn't work correctly out of the box all the time. Even though the firmware version showed it was current there was in fact an update avaible that had to be manually installed and it fixed the guys issue. His was not with a <DATAERROR.....his was with line feeds but it was an intermittent condition.

The simplest thing at this point would be pull the computer and put it on the bench and see what happens.
Old 11-26-2019 | 08:56 PM
Teching In

So is the segment swap utility a separate download, or is it coming in an update?
Old 12-01-2019 | 11:17 PM
Teching In

Anyone have a 12579405 XDF?
Just getting started on the LS Droid, doing a junkyard 4.8, 4l60e swap. The PCM I have is displaying OS 12579405. I have tried a couple of different XDFs but I keep getting an error when trying to write the calibration back to the PCM. Wondering if I need a 12579405 specific XDF?

I found a '04 C1500 5.3L os12587603_test1.bin and a OS matching XDF file Operating System 12587603 - 1Mb PCM - 2004 model year. loaded into tunerpro rt and Disabled VATs. Still getting an error when trying to do a OS_PLUS_CAL.

Here's my LSDroid WriteLog

6CF01068009F

6CF01067012B5C3E

6CF0106702344B

6CF0107F340005BAFF91229D

NODATA

6CF0107C0A00BFF24D15

6CF0107C0A00BFF24D15

Thanks
Matthew

Old 12-05-2019 | 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150
So is the segment swap utility a separate download, or is it coming in an update?
It's part of the next update.
Old 12-05-2019 | 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So I've been busy working on a few things and seems I've been gone longer then I though. If you have tired to PM me recently I have not seen it or read it. For some reason I never got an email I had a new PM lead alone 9 new one's lol.

The amount of time it takes Ls Droid to parse the bin file into blocks has always been a thorn in my side and I've tried a lot of different ways to speed it up but have never been able to make it faster.....until now. A new block now lets write actual use Java Script and run things in their own thread rather then the entire app using the same thread. A single thread in the devices CPU means only 1 thing could be done at a time and its very 1998 ish. Over the last 2 years this the the single biggest speed improvement I've ever made in the app itself. The time to build the bin file has been reduced by almost 100X's what it was. A P59 file would take about 5 mins to build the blocks for if you were doing a full OS write. I can now do the exact same thing in 8 seconds. I knew the Java Script code was going to speed things up a good bit but I never expected to see that type of improvement. There is a whole lot of inforamtion in the comment section of the following video so I'm not going to type everything out but for the first time I can honestly say Ls Droid can hold its against commercial tools for speed from the time you open the program or app to the time your done with this new code block and when using the OBDX Pro. I'd like to compare some times but I dare say Ls Droid may be able to flash a P59 start to finish faster then any of the commercial tools on the market now.....and I'm not just talking about the write process. I mean from the time you open the app until your done may very well be faster then commercial tools now.

The following 6 users liked this post by PeteS160:
CptMidway (12-06-2019), esantos (12-07-2019), kpeters59 (12-05-2019), Rickky Bobby (01-02-2020), The_Quiet_001 (12-12-2019), truckdoug (12-05-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-12-2019 | 11:02 AM
Teching In

Smile

Not to be impatient, but when is the next update coming out?
Old 12-12-2019 | 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Quiet_001
Not to be impatient, but when is the next update coming out?
what exactly are you wanting that's not in the current release version?
G Atsma (12-12-2019)
Old 12-15-2019 | 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm starting to see a trend developing, not just here but on other forums and also on Facebook.

I spent a great deal of time and I'm fairly confidant I was able to solve the Android 10 support issue.
However....before I will push out an official update adding Android 10 support I expect at least a few people to fully test it. I've sent out copies of the Android 10 update to a number of people who have asked for it on multiple occasions and not one of them has responded after a couple of days even to acknowledge my request that they test it.

People have been emailing me for months asking for bin files for specific applications....so I created an integrated solution that would allow people to download stock bin files directly with in the app.....I was even willing to consider adding modified files from power users. I had a lot of people volunteer to send stock files(people were offering to pull copies from SPS as it's time consuming) and a few people even offered to send modified bins with basic mods already done. To date no one has sent me a single stock file for this and the only "modified" files anyone ever submitted were not worth even looking at. This part of the app is already setup to easily handle several hundred unique files and they are very easy to sort though, however acquiring these files and then putting them on my web server...and then configuring the index pages the app talks to on the web server takes 30-45 mins or so on average and is very tedious work. If I was just uploading files from a folder it would take a fraction of the time.....because of that I've only done around 20 bin files.

Because of the limitations of Tuner Pro I have created a utility that allows segment swapping so that people can "build" a file that suits their specific needs. I have validated it against a number of programs and made a couple dozen files with the segments swapped that I've flashed to PCM's and read back with commercial tools to triple check that it was working correctly and I haven't had a single error with a file that had segments altered...YET. There are thousands of possible segments and while it's worked on a couple dozen that doesn't mean its going to work on all of them. This isn't something that Joe Blow can test because he won't find an error until it's to late and his PCM's a potato. It is very likely if a segment was swapped and there was an error that once that file is flashed the PCM may not be recoverable with out a BDM or by lifting the flash chip. Bottom line...it needs more testing and not by me. I reached out to a hand full of people that I felt would be qualified but once again it seems people can't be bothered to do something for anyone but them self unless they are getting something out of it. Sure.....I could contact a number of the professional tuners I converse with and have helped out... but every thing I've done is literally taking money out of their pockets. Asking any of these people to spend time testing something that they have zero need for and will end up costing them customers in the long run isn't a conversation I plan on ever having.

As far as I can tell Ls Droid Beta V0.2.1 should be ready for release but until I have a bit more testing done with things like Android 10 it's going to sit on my hard drive.
The following 4 users liked this post by PeteS160:
CptMidway (12-18-2019), kpeters59 (12-16-2019), LCBE (12-15-2019), tfi racing (12-25-2019)
Old 12-15-2019 | 04:52 PM
TECH Resident
5 Year Member

Kinda reminds me of when I asked for a volunteer to create a catalog of XDF files in a new repository on GitHub.

There was a bit of debate over what the file name convention should be, but zero effort put toward actually collecting XDF files or even creating a new repo.
truckdoug (12-17-2019)
Old 12-15-2019 | 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

Hello,

About an hour ago, I was able to clone a copy of my P01/896 PCM custom OS into a spare P01/ 0411 PCM. It worked very well using my bench harness with a three amp power supply and I now have a second spare PCM for my 70 El Camino. Now . . . what shall I do with my recent $18.50 acquisition of a junkyard P59 PCM????

Thank you for the LS Droid program and it is a very nice addition to my software tool kit.

Rick
NSFW (12-15-2019)
Old 12-16-2019 | 01:22 PM
Teching In

I'm starting to see a trend developing, not just here but on other forums and also on Facebook.

I spent a great deal of time and I'm fairly confidant I was able to solve the Android 10 support issue.
However....before I will push out an official update adding Android 10 support I expect at least a few people to fully test it. I've sent out copies of the Android 10 update to a number of people who have asked for it on multiple occasions and not one of them has responded after a couple of days even to acknowledge my request that they test it.

People have been emailing me for months asking for bin files for specific applications....so I created an integrated solution that would allow people to download stock bin files directly with in the app.....I was even willing to consider adding modified files from power users. I had a lot of people volunteer to send stock files(people were offering to pull copies from SPS as it's time consuming) and a few people even offered to send modified bins with basic mods already done. To date no one has sent me a single stock file for this and the only "modified" files anyone ever submitted were not worth even looking at. This part of the app is already setup to easily handle several hundred unique files and they are very easy to sort though, however acquiring these files and then putting them on my web server...and then configuring the index pages the app talks to on the web server takes 30-45 mins or so on average and is very tedious work. If I was just uploading files from a folder it would take a fraction of the time.....because of that I've only done around 20 bin files.

Because of the limitations of Tuner Pro I have created a utility that allows segment swapping so that people can "build" a file that suits their specific needs. I have validated it against a number of programs and made a couple dozen files with the segments swapped that I've flashed to PCM's and read back with commercial tools to triple check that it was working correctly and I haven't had a single error with a file that had segments altered...YET. There are thousands of possible segments and while it's worked on a couple dozen that doesn't mean its going to work on all of them. This isn't something that Joe Blow can test because he won't find an error until it's to late and his PCM's a potato. It is very likely if a segment was swapped and there was an error that once that file is flashed the PCM may not be recoverable with out a BDM or by lifting the flash chip. Bottom line...it needs more testing and not by me. I reached out to a hand full of people that I felt would be qualified but once again it seems people can't be bothered to do something for anyone but them self unless they are getting something out of it. Sure.....I could contact a number of the professional tuners I converse with and have helped out... but every thing I've done is literally taking money out of their pockets. Asking any of these people to spend time testing something that they have zero need for and will end up costing them customers in the long run isn't a conversation I plan on ever having.

As far as I can tell Ls Droid Beta V0.2.1 should be ready for release but until I have a bit more testing done with things like Android 10 it's going to sit on my hard drive.

So would these errors show themselves during the write process? Or would you actually need to try to use the compiled tune?

Because if they show during the write process, I have both PCM's and am happy to play with different combo's on the bench.

If they need to be in vehicles, I unfortunately only have two swapped vehicles to play with.
Old 12-17-2019 | 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

From: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...

Just picked up an MX+ and downloaded v0.2.0 - no bueno on my new Pixel 4XL (running Android 10) says it is looking for Android 6; isn't 10 greater than 6? Heh. The LS-Droid app opens fine on my old LG G6 (Android 9) and my really old HTC One M9 (Android 6).

Anyway, should be fun to try this out.
Old 12-17-2019 | 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150
So would these errors show themselves during the write process? Or would you actually need to try to use the compiled tune?

Because if they show during the write process, I have both PCM's and am happy to play with different combo's on the bench.

If they need to be in vehicles, I unfortunately only have two swapped vehicles to play with.
If there is an error in the app with flashing it'd show up on a bench. The segment swap utility could show up either way, if a segment was not transferred correctly and it wasn't flagged in tuner pro then it would show up after a flash in the form of an unresponsive PCM and assuming it was only a calibration flash could be recovered relatively easy.

There is a risk of PCM damage when testing a new app version and that is the reason I don't just release it.
Old 12-17-2019 | 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
Just picked up an MX+ and downloaded v0.2.0 - no bueno on my new Pixel 4XL (running Android 10) says it is looking for Android 6; isn't 10 greater than 6? Heh. The LS-Droid app opens fine on my old LG G6 (Android 9) and my really old HTC One M9 (Android 6).

Anyway, should be fun to try this out.
Android 10 actually ID's as Android 9.+ and 9.+ can not be converted from base 16 to base 10 so the value that's read is 0.

Ls Droid 2.1(unreleased) has support for Android 10 from a loading standpoint but no one has connect to a BT device or tried to read or write a PCM in Android 10 at this point.
Old 12-18-2019 | 05:52 AM
Teching In

If there is an error in the app with flashing it'd show up on a bench. The segment swap utility could show up either way, if a segment was not transferred correctly and it wasn't flagged in tuner pro then it would show up after a flash in the form of an unresponsive PCM and assuming it was only a calibration flash could be recovered relatively easy.

There is a risk of PCM damage when testing a new app version and that is the reason I don't just release it.
In that case I have several of each PCM type to choose from sitting around and would be happy to try some variations over the holidays.

Quick Reply: Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)