PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2019 | 08:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PeteS160

Either there is something talking(another module) on the data bus causing a message collision of there is an issue with the ODBLink device. There was someone not all that long ago from AU that had a similar issue but they never posted if they were able to resolve the issue with what I suggested testing.

Use the OBDLink app and try to update the firmware on the device. I have run into a similar issue where a "New" ODBLink device was shipped with firmware that didn't work correctly out of the box all the time. Even though the firmware version showed it was current there was in fact an update avaible that had to be manually installed and it fixed the guys issue. His was not with a <DATAERROR.....his was with line feeds but it was an intermittent condition.

The simplest thing at this point would be pull the computer and put it on the bench and see what happens.
I ran in to this same error trying to read one of my ls swapped vehicles. With no other modules on the CAN line, I didn't think I'd need to use the bench harness. In the car, I'd get this error every time. Used bench harness and it read no problem.
The following users liked this post:
OhTwo (02-08-2020)
Old 12-26-2019 | 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is an "Unofficial" release of Ls Droid 2.1 to test for Android 10 compatibility and for people to "test" the segment swap utility
....but be warned.....
the segment swap utility MAY not be perfect and IF THERE IS A FLAW in how it works it will create a garbage bin file. DO NOT flash a segment swapped file as ANYTHING other then a Calibration change for now. If you write a segment swapped file as an OS+Cal and there was an issue with the segment swap YOU WILL BRICK THE PCM !

DO NOT try to segment swap ANY COS, it will NOT WORK.

If you are flashing an HPT or EFI Live COS that you have have in bin format you MUST flash the file as an OS+Cal every time you make a change. Ls Droid will only write calibration area's used by GM, most COS's also write data outside of the factory range and Ls Droids calibration write is unable to deal with this so files must be flashed as OS+Cal EVERY TIME. Yes it's inconvenient... deal with it.

A PCM that has a flash fail multiple time can now also be read back and the contents of the file can be analyzed to see what's gone wrong. The file will be saved as .LSD🤣 to prevent mixing the files up but its still a bin file.

Requires Android 6.0.1 ~ 10 and an OBDLink BT dongle. (Avoid the MX+, lots of firmware issues with the tool right now)

https://ls-droid.com/Android_Files/A...ta_v_0_2_1.apk

If you find an error please report it....I am not doing this for general use....if you are using this... consider your self a guinea pig.

The following 4 users liked this post by PeteS160:
AWDevastation (12-26-2019), Bill Hagan (02-02-2020), MudDuck514 (12-27-2019), Rickky Bobby (01-02-2020)
Old 12-27-2019 | 09:49 AM
Teching In

Hi all,

Pete, AWESOME job.

I do however have a minor bug to report - seems the Close App function doesn't work on my phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, running Android 7.1.1.

Thank you the great work you are doing.

Mike.

P.S. Any news on when the new interface will begin production? I am looking forward to its release.
Old 12-27-2019 | 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MudDuck514
Hi all,

Pete, AWESOME job.

I do however have a minor bug to report - seems the Close App function doesn't work on my phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, running Android 7.1.1.

Thank you the great work you are doing.

Mike.

P.S. Any news on when the new interface will begin production? I am looking forward to its release.
It doesn't do anything on any screen or doesn't work on certain screens?

Keep in mind.....it's never actually "Closed" the app it just puts it to sleep in the background similar to how you never actually "close" your text message or phone keypad. If you check background processes they will still be there just not active. If this is what your referring to then that's not actually a bug and it's always been like that. If the close button on a specfic screen doesn't work....that's a different case and very possible as I can't test closing the app while doing live development.

On the Xpro.....
Between me being sick and the holidays things didn't line up as planned but that may actually be a good thing in the long run as it left my partner more time to try some things with the firmware and it looks like he was able to squeeze in the ability to allow user update-able firmware if we run into any firmware bugs....and that has been one of my largest concerns. There will now be a windows app that the tool will work with to allow users to flash updates over USB if we need to fix something down the line that is as simple as plug in, click update and wait till it says its done, an update would take about 15 seconds to load now. Trust me.......you don't want to mess with the ST-Link flash programmer....this is a MUCH better long term solution.
The following 2 users liked this post by PeteS160:
kpeters59 (12-28-2019), Rickky Bobby (01-02-2020)
Old 12-27-2019 | 12:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PeteS160
It doesn't do anything on any screen or doesn't work on certain screens?

Keep in mind.....it's never actually "Closed" the app it just puts it to sleep in the background similar to how you never actually "close" your text message or phone keypad. If you check background processes they will still be there just not active. If this is what your referring to then that's not actually a bug and it's always been like that. If the close button on a specfic screen doesn't work....that's a different case and very possible as I can't test closing the app while doing live development.

On the Xpro.....
Between me being sick and the holidays things didn't line up as planned but that may actually be a good thing in the long run as it left my partner more time to try some things with the firmware and it looks like he was able to squeeze in the ability to allow user update-able firmware if we run into any firmware bugs....and that has been one of my largest concerns. There will now be a windows app that the tool will work with to allow users to flash updates over USB if we need to fix something down the line that is as simple as plug in, click update and wait till it says its done, an update would take about 15 seconds to load now. Trust me.......you don't want to mess with the ST-Link flash programmer....this is a MUCH better long term solution.
Hi all,

Pete, from the "home" screen, the Close function does nothing - not even "minimize" the app.
In the previous version, it does as expected. Yes, I know that most apps continue to run when "closed" and I close them in the app manager.

Thanks for the update on the interface.

Mike
Old 12-27-2019 | 03:23 PM
TECH Resident
5 Year Member

That's great news, I'm glad to hear you guys found a way to make firmware updates possible.
AeroSS (01-04-2020)
Old 01-07-2020 | 01:53 PM
Teching In

I've flashed a couple tunes with this already and it worked great. The Bin repository doesn't seem to been working though?
Old 01-07-2020 | 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sodak66
I've flashed a couple tunes with this already and it worked great. The Bin repository doesn't seem to been working though?
Currently there are only F body bin files. Others platforms will be blank until I get time to add more files.
kpeters59 (01-11-2020), Sodak66 (01-08-2020)
Old 01-29-2020 | 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

Hello,

I have previously used LS Droid to clone a PCM but I wrote a new OS+CAL tonight to my lab rat P59 PCM for the very first time using my bench wiring harness and three amp power supply. No problems. I have not put this P59 into a vehicle but every OBD II app that I have reads it perfectly. This was a 1 megabyte BIN from a 2004 Chevy SSR truck that is considered to be the "universal donor" BIN for P59 PCM's because it has pretty much every feature anybody would ever need.

I used a matching XDF for the SSR BIN inside of Tuner Pro RT to make all the changes needed - VATS, EGR, EVAP, Fuel Level Sensor, Air Injection, Catalyst System Efficiency, tire height, differential gearing . . . everything.

Rick
kpeters59 (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020 | 04:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by B52bombardier1
Hello,

I have previously used LS Droid to clone a PCM but I wrote a new OS+CAL tonight to my lab rat P59 PCM for the very first time using my bench wiring harness and three amp power supply. No problems. I have not put this P59 into a vehicle but every OBD II app that I have reads it perfectly. This was a 1 megabyte BIN from a 2004 Chevy SSR truck that is considered to be the "universal donor" BIN for P59 PCM's because it has pretty much every feature anybody would ever need.

I used a matching XDF for the SSR BIN inside of Tuner Pro RT to make all the changes needed - VATS, EGR, EVAP, Fuel Level Sensor, Air Injection, Catalyst System Efficiency, tire height, differential gearing . . . everything.

Rick
Can you share this bin and XDF?

I'm curious if the XDF is different than the only 1mb one I have seen floating around.
Old 01-30-2020 | 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic
5 Year Member

Hello,

Yes, but they are available over at the Gearhead EFI web site below and you are correct - P59 XDF files are few and far between. A user there by the name of "LRT" either made them available or pointed me in the right direction. I really wish that I could give credit to the creator of this XDF file because it is obvious that many hours and a lot of effort went into its creation but I have no idea who made it. I wish I had the knowledge of how to make XDF files or even had the tools to open them but I'm clueless here. At least if I could open one, I could see if anybody left any internal identifying information. Credit for building these XDF files needs to be given, if possible.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rPro-Bin-Files

Rick
Old 01-30-2020 | 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I contacted LRT probably 2 years ago at this point and basically begged him to help with XDF creation since he was one of the few people that had created a solid XDF during the time when the last attempt at getting something going for free flashing was happening. After seeing the progress I had made with LS Droid and the progress NSFW and Antus had made with the PCM Hammer....mind you we only had read working at the time.....he agreed to finish a number of XDF's he had started a number of years before and even leave them unlocked so others could continue developing them rather then starting over again if someone wanted to expand on some part of it.

I'm not going to go into detail but there was a huge ordeal over the checksum plugin that was necessary for using Tuner Pro on the P59's(you can read about it on Gearhead-EFI if you really care) and what shouldn't have been anything worth talking about ended up becoming a big ordeal. LRT was at least kind enough to post locked copies of what he had finished on Gearhead-EFI before he walked away after a falling out with a few people. While what he shared may not look like all that much, the XDF's he shared represent an ENORMOUS amount of time that spanned several years. It's unfortunate that he no longer found development to be worth while but I can't say I blame him as he had no use for any of the stuff he was working on. He was doing it purely to help complete what he and several others had started working on several years prior to any of my interest in this.

pavehawk (01-31-2020), truckdoug (02-02-2020)
Old 01-30-2020 | 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since a number of people have run into issues where they used the wrong XDF on an OS or did not have the Checksum plugin setup in Tuner Pro correctly I have added a safety check for Calibration Segment and OS checksum verification. I still have not decided how I will let people deal with incorrect checksums, I may give the option to update the checkums in the file so they are correct or may just kick the file out and block flashing it all together. Either way in the next release it will prevent unintentional flashing of a file with bad checkums now.

The following 4 users liked this post by PeteS160:
Bill Hagan (02-02-2020), Jrgunn5150 (02-01-2020), kpeters59 (01-31-2020), MudDuck514 (01-31-2020)
Old 02-01-2020 | 02:44 PM
Teching In

This is the number 1 cause of issues I see, followed by an inadequate power supply for the bench harness.
Old 02-02-2020 | 01:24 AM

Just Too let You know my OBDLink MX+ just updated firmware today to 5.3.1 this is the second patch update same firmware #
Old 02-04-2020 | 12:25 PM
TECH Addict
10 Year Member

I downloaded LS Droid last night and hopefully my OBDLink MX will be in soon to start tuning. I'm on Android 10 already, so I'll be sure to let you know of any issues it may have.
Old 02-05-2020 | 01:47 AM

Android version 6.0.1 is no good (Patch). I have 2 devices, 1 came stock with 6.0.1, and 1 is updated to 6.0.1 both have security patch of 2017-06-01 so it could just be that patch if someone has a different patch number that has no issues.
android 7.0 no issue yet
android 10 not tested yet (next) weekend
did do segment swap i will test in vech. asap

Web Server does not load

Last edited by Bill Hagan; 02-05-2020 at 01:48 AM. Reason: server
Old 02-05-2020 | 03:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been following this thread over the past year.. This really is revolutionary for the LS-platform. People truly appreciate and respect the time and efforts you put into this, Pete! they're just too scared to admit it. It won't be until people see that their grandma used LSdroid to flash a PCM, that the rest of the crowd will actually start to catch on...

The following 3 users liked this post by chris99gmc:
B52bombardier1 (02-05-2020), kpeters59 (02-07-2020), NSFW (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020 | 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Is there a timeline on the release of the OBD XPro?
Old 02-08-2020 | 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usc2001gc
Is there a timeline on the release of the OBD XPro? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjzgcGuiUDo
A release was planned for early February(1st or 2nd week) however due to the corona virus we have had to push this release back as a lot of manufacturers are shut down and most shipping services have been temporally suspended.

Provided that things in China don't get worse I would expect the first couple dozen to be ready for release before the end of the month. You can keep an eye on https://obdxpro.com/product/obdx-pro-vt/ for availability.
The following 3 users liked this post by PeteS160:
B52bombardier1 (02-09-2020), kpeters59 (02-10-2020), NSFW (02-08-2020)

Quick Reply: Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)