Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start after swap to 2 bar OS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start after swap to 2 bar OS

Just changed my operating system in my camaro from 1 bar to 2 bar. Car won't start anymore though. A little info about the car it is a 5.3 swapped 94 z28 with 60 # injectors and a 7875 turbo. I have uploaded the HPT file as well.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
2bar.hpt (214.8 KB, 87 views)
Old 03-29-2018, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Go check and make sure everything is still the same in the tables.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

any particular table I should look in?
Old 03-29-2018, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Check the VE table. It will probably be maxed out. You need to copy and paste your 1 bar ve into the new one and then fill in the rest. If you can find a similar base tune that should help with getting the the rest of the ve in the ballpark.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

I did that before attempting to crank the car but no luck
Old 03-30-2018, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by B_Mack15
any particular table I should look in?
Yeah, all of em
Old 03-30-2018, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 905 Likes on 646 Posts

Did you do a "Write Entire"?
Old 03-30-2018, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

I did.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell us exactly what you did, start to finish.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:41 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Go to the first/lowest cell in your maf curve and enter 20 g/sec

The maf still needs to fail on a 2 bar SD tune.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TPIZ92
Tell us exactly what you did, start to finish.
I changed the OS to 2 bar, and saved the new file as a new name. I wrote the new file to my PCM using write entire. I then went back and copied my VE table from the original tune and put it in the new 2 bar tune. I wrote entire again then tried to crank the car
Old 04-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by B_Mack15
I changed the OS to 2 bar, and saved the new file as a new name. I wrote the new file to my PCM using write entire. I then went back and copied my VE table from the original tune and put it in the new 2 bar tune. I wrote entire again then tried to crank the car
Yup. Its not getting fuel until the maf fails. It will not fail until it starts. See the problem? Put 20 g/s in the lowest cell in the maf curve. It will get fuel until it fails. Then it is good after that and runs off the VE table. Every time you do a fresh write it will go through that.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

Ok just for the sake of what it is and for your own knowledge...When you do the 2bar setup, you change the OS, save it..reopen it and change everything you need to change...ve blah blah..then do a write entire. Afterwards, any change you make can be write calibration data as anything you change in that tune from here on out is calibration data. It saves you a step that's all. Should it have messed anything up the way you did it, no it shouldn't but for future reference etc.

when I swapped mine over I fired it up with a maf plugged in as if nothing had changed. I let it run for alittle but and then unplugged the maf to fail it and all was well. Try what the gentlemen above me said
Old 04-13-2018, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Ok just for the sake of what it is and for your own knowledge...When you do the 2bar setup, you change the OS, save it..reopen it and change everything you need to change...ve blah blah..then do a write entire. Afterwards, any change you make can be write calibration data as anything you change in that tune from here on out is calibration data. It saves you a step that's all. Should it have messed anything up the way you did it, no it shouldn't but for future reference etc.

when I swapped mine over I fired it up with a maf plugged in as if nothing had changed. I let it run for alittle but and then unplugged the maf to fail it and all was well. Try what the gentlemen above me said.

what are your three maf codes set to in the pcm? Report on first error, report on 2nd error or not reported?

Last edited by TPIZ92; 04-13-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Yup. Its not getting fuel until the maf fails. It will not fail until it starts. See the problem? Put 20 g/s in the lowest cell in the maf curve. It will get fuel until it fails. Then it is good after that and runs off the VE table. Every time you do a fresh write it will go through that.
I did this and still no luck. I just paid a tuner to make me an HPT file to start the car loaded it and still nothing.. at this point I'm assuming my PCM is damaged. I will upload the tune that was sent to me for you all to take a peak at.. I should have a new PCM in a day or so and I'll try again then. The car is acting like it isn't getting fuel though... just cranking, but I smell no gas and no attempt for the car to fire .
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
paidtune.hpt (221.5 KB, 66 views)
Old 04-13-2018, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TPIZ92

when I swapped mine over I fired it up with a mg plugged in as if nothing had changed. I let it run for alittle but and then unplugged the maf to fail it and all was well. Try what the gentlemen above me said.

what are your three maf codes set to in the pcm? Report on first error, report on 2nd error or not reported?
on the newest tune it was set to no mil light.. after that didn't work I changed it to mil on first error and still nothing
Old 04-13-2018, 02:58 PM

I just went through the paidtune you attached and the maf is still set to no MIL. It should still fail out, but I see you posted that you have since tried with the MIL error on first, so that's good. It also still needs fuel in that lowest maf cell, which was set to 2.5 in the tune you posted. i've done enough of these SD with deleted maf that I know it needs that bottom cell with enough air to calculate fuel.

I checked VATS is off, as that will disable injector pulses also. I also suggest setting your min transient fuel mg to 0.010, not 0.000.

Did you or the tuner change the electronic throttle tables from stock - even if you're cable driven, changing those can cause issues in the ECU.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

I wouldnt blame the pcm just yet
I drove a car into a driveway, washed it and then it wouldn't start. Wound up being the ignition module failed (mustang). Very random but I immediately thought water fried something though it was just a fluke. Though flashing the pcm is when your trouble started, dont rule out fuel pump issues or relays. Do you hear the pump prime? Are you getting fuel to the rail? Check the free **** first. I would just hooked up your maf, let it dangle and try to start it with all your maf stuff enabled. See if it reacts. If it doesnt, try reading codes from the pcm or logging it while you crank or have the key on. If I info is sent and it communicates, the pcm might be ok.