Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live demo download???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 338 Likes on 229 Posts

Default EFI Live demo download???

I'd like to try EFI live before I make up my mind on them or HP Tuners...

I have downloaded HP's demo and have played with it a little...I'm not sure where on EFI Live's site to download their demo...is it the blue rectangle box that says "download" is this for their demo??? Or is this for the end user??

( Maybe if I'm not smart enough to figure it out...I shouldn't be trying to tune...)

Need help from the experts.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the software is still free you pay for the hardware and licensing. So you can just download the software and open files from the repository. You won’t be able to do anything but look at the files till you make a purchase.

It’s been a while but I think this is how it works.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Before you buy either product I suggest you download Dan Maslic's EFI tuning manual. It is no longer published, but it is a file you download. It's very inexpensive considering the amount of step by step information in the file.

You can either view the manual on your pc/laptop and/or print it to PDF which btw is very expensive if you want the pages in color and hire a printer.

The manual has sample tutorial tunes using HPT tuners and EFI live, all GM cars except for one Mustang. The sample tuning guides show how to tune cars with a MAF and also SD.

IMO it's money well spent.

Once you get the file downloaded, then you can read the book while at the same time open EFI live and work alongside the manual as he goes thru each case in the tuning process. Obviously, you can't upload the tune to your car.

The manual includes engine and transmission tutorial examples.

I have EFI live. Since I have a 98 Camaro with EFI live I don't have to use any credit's (license's) to tune my 98. 98's are free with EFI live.

IMO HPT tuners has more information for tuning than EFI live. Wish EFI live had as much.

I can't post the link but a google search will find the site for you.

To get a taste of what's in the book/pdf file, there is a tutorial for idle tuning on his site. It's almost verbatim from the book.

HTH

Note: not sure if EFI live sells the cable/hdwe for V1 (7.5 version). If not, then might as well download the V2 version.

What's great about either product is that even if you do have to hire a tuner at first, once you get either product you can conceivably work with the tuner to tweak the tune remotely (depends on tuner) rather than having to send your PCM to the vendor/tuner. Because you send the file(s) back and forth via email etc.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98redorangeta
I believe the software is still free you pay for the hardware and licensing. So you can just download the software and open files from the repository. You won’t be able to do anything but look at the files till you make a purchase.
Thanks, going to head over there now to try it out.

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
Before you buy either product I suggest you download Dan Maslic's EFI tuning manual.

Thank you also. I'll check his site out tonight after I get home from work.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Lsx tuning can point you in the right direction as far as Whats better for your needs. If your a n2o guy Efi live has some nice benifits or if your a 98 boost car Hppy has the nice custom os. Otherwise it’s pretty even between them and it’s a a lot of personal preference.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98redorangeta
Lsx tuning can point you in the right direction as far as Whats better for your needs.

Thanks for the nitrous/boost tips...is Lsx tuning the one from Texas...???
Old 04-04-2018, 05:15 AM
12 Second Club

I am pretty sure they are from Texas LSX Power Tuning.
http://lsxpowertuning.com/index.html
Old 04-06-2018, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CattleAc
I have downloaded HP's demo and have played with it a little...I'm not sure where on EFI Live's site to download their demo...is it the blue rectangle box that says "download" is this for their demo??? Or is this for the end user??
Yes, click the blue rectangle that says "Download".

Without a software license, the software runs in demo mode, this lets you view/edit tunes, and lets you view logs (real sample tunes/logs are included).