Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hptuner failure & IAC

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
Again -- bricked ECU on a friend -- eBay ECU -- wrote entire -- car did what yours is doing -- read entire -- check speedo pulses off by 1000X -- fixed it in editor -- write calibration -- speedo working. I've never seen this happen before V4, and I suspect it's a glitch in V4.
I did this and everything in the speedo tab matched up with my file. I even went as far as writing bad data in the speedo tab then wrote back the correct data. You are referring to the output pulse per mile correct? I will double check again just Incase
Old 09-07-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

Yes that's what I was talking about. All of those fields. But you verified it. Just oddly similar to exactly what my friend had.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

That was actually what I thought was wrong cause the speed in the pcm is right just output to speedo, cruise, and odo is dead. But I will check again with a read entire and verify it.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Just a final conclusion on this thread for future people. Hptuners bricked my ecm and corrupted my iac drivers. New ecm speedo output was dead and I had no speedometer cruise or odometer yet pcm was seeing speed, how fun.
after a third ecm and reflash speedo is back. Now trying to figure out the off idle and steady cruise hesitation but that’s a whole new story.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt1slowerbird
Just a final conclusion on this thread for future people. Hptuners bricked my ecm and corrupted my iac drivers. New ecm speedo output was dead and I had no speedometer cruise or odometer yet pcm was seeing speed, how fun.
after a third ecm and reflash speedo is back. Now trying to figure out the off idle and steady cruise hesitation but that’s a whole new story.
The term "bricked" is a bit outdated. Pcm's are fine they just need to be flashed with tools that don't use the DLC connector to do it.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 193 Likes on 134 Posts

More concerning is his statement that potentially HP Tuners caused the internal PCM problems.... Bricked, or whatever term you choose to use, SHOULD NOT be happening due to the tuning software.

Thank Jesus I have an MPVI-UNO.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

OP, did you ever send your interface back for a firmware update? there's a lot going on behind the scenes that caused all this ****...rolling out the mvpi2 too early etc..I have less animosity for HPT now than I did a week or two ago. But the glitchy interfaces do need to go back. email them to open service ticket. Be courteous but firm that you'd like it one day air BOTH WAYS.