PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Holley EFI wiring solution.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Holley EFI wiring solution.

I have a 2013 Camaro 1SS and the dominator system from Holley EFI. My main dilemma is in retaining stock gauges. I do not have the gauge cluster located in the center console area under the radio so that is not a concern. I mostly just need the stock ECU for AC, the dash gauges, and maybe radiator fan control (although I believe the dominator can handle this).

Does anyone have a wiring solution or advice on the matter? I already know that the dominator will have to share the signal wire from the crank sensor with the stock ECU for the tachometer to work.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

I would give Holley a call and see what they say. They just might have a solution...
Old 08-17-2018, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

That's the biggest problem with aftermarket engine ECU's they don't usually play nice with the stock ECU. I run the Holley system in a couple vehicles and it's just not worth the trouble to try to keep the stock gauges. There are a few threads where people have tried but with limited success. The Dominator will control the fans and the A/C by itself with no problem.

Anyone-successfully-tie-into-a-stock-cluster

You might have to choose between going back to the stock ECU or losing some dash function with the Dominator. Myself I use the 7" Holley dash for everything display wise.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

We molded the 7" touch screen in place of the stock gauges. The dash still looks stock except instead of factory gauges there is a touch screen. Just another option to think about.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

I know there is a way to do it. It's just that everyone who knows how keeps the secret to themselves. Just business I guess. I know race proven motorsports knows how but again, I am nowhere close to them. New Orleans, LA.

– and thanks LL, the guy the 2nd post looks like he has done it so again I know it's possible.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:16 AM
FormerVendor

It can be done, theres no question about that. You will need to run the factory ecm just for the gauges to work. Thats a lot of work for stock gauges IMO. We have not personally done the whole holley conversion and left factory gauges (we always use the touch screen) but have tuned on a couple cars that other shops had done and left the stock gauges. Not all sensors/signals can be split easily you may end up with two sensors for some items, one for holley and one for your factory ecm.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

OK, thanks for the info.
@Lsx power tuning – do you remember the name of the shops that did this conversion? I'm right in New Orleans so 5 hours to Texas isn't that far.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

I dont know who did them, none of the cars were owned by the person who had the conversion done. The wiring looked pretty bad so we didnt look them over that well. We are going to do a Z06 in the near future, we know what needs to be done just havent done it from start to finish in the same car.