PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

need help trouble shooting an issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018 | 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Default need help trouble shooting an issue

hi,

i have a issue my car would run rich on open loop , on closed loop it would have +15 fuel trim but idles better and wot is really rich, the issue is not tune related, no matter how much i change the ve table its still not getting better
i thought it might be exhaust leak which i tried to fix multiple times but since i still have the same issue at open loop from my understanding open loop doesnt effect the o2 so there shouldnt be any issue unless small leaks would effect backpressure,

how my question is what do i look for to diagnose the issue, its ls2 engine on 0411 running speed density
Old 09-10-2018 | 09:17 AM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by QTR FMS
hi,

i have a issue my car would run rich on open loop , on closed loop it would have +15 fuel trim but idles better and wot is really rich, the issue is not tune related, no matter how much i change the ve table its still not getting better
i thought it might be exhaust leak which i tried to fix multiple times but since i still have the same issue at open loop from my understanding open loop doesnt effect the o2 so there shouldnt be any issue unless small leaks would effect backpressure,

how my question is what do i look for to diagnose the issue, its ls2 engine on 0411 running speed density
What injectors? This is just a stock ls2?
Old 09-10-2018 | 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TPIZ92
What injectors? This is just a stock ls2?
yeah stock ls2 injector, the car is tuned for cam, nothing changed on the car or tune, the only thing i did is i removed the passenger headers to fix the signal wire on the starter and put it back together and the catback was slightly modified to raise it few inches but thats it cant think of any other thing that would cause any issue,checked fuel pressure its good, i took the car to couple of muffler shops to find a leak but there is none
Old 09-10-2018 | 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

whats that banks' narrowband oscillation like? are the o2's on that car case grounded or grounded though the harness?
Old 09-10-2018 | 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by truckdoug
whats that banks' narrowband oscillation like? are the o2's on that car case grounded or grounded though the harness?
its psi harness 1055 with square 4 wire gm o2
this is the data log i made on from the untouched tune file from my tuner

Attached Files
File Type: hpl
idle.hpl (112.5 KB, 25 views)
test 1.hpl (409.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-10-2018 | 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

in those two idle logs i couldnt see any smoking gun. AFR is on point, STFTs are even bank to bank, injector pw is balanced bank to bank

the timing is jumping around like a MF tho. I'd probably take some idle spark over/under out and turn the idle down a little. but then it won't lope as hard

post up a cruise log where the trims are getting all wacky
Old 09-10-2018 | 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

in those two idle logs i couldnt see any smoking gun. AFR is on point, STFTs are even bank to bank, injector pw is balanced bank to bank

the timing is jumping around like a MF tho. I'd probably take some idle spark over/under out and turn the idle down a little. but then it won't lope as hard

post up a cruise log where the trims are getting all wacky
those are all the datalog i have, cant make more cause my one week old mpvi2 died,
what i did is i copied the data from each datalog and multiple by % from test 1 to ve6 and it didnt get better or worse, if i run openloop with short fuel trim i cant drive over idk 30-40 miles i tried to get to high way speed but the car keeps leaning out dies i caused a huge traffic jam i forgot to save that datalog,
on test 1 datalog seems good but the drivability and wot afr was awful if i waited the fuel trim would have went over 10%

Attached Files
ve6sft.hpl (396.0 KB, 20 views)
ve2.hpl (263.8 KB, 11 views)
ve4.hpl (798.3 KB, 15 views)
ve5sft.hpl (704.3 KB, 13 views)
ve1.hpl (880.5 KB, 13 views)
ve5.hpl (482.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-10-2018 | 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok lemme peep those and get back to you
Old 09-11-2018 | 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

when you get your interface back, add your map sensor in kPa into your channels and take another cruise log. hard to tell whats going on without knowing engine load
Old 09-11-2018 | 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

when you get your interface back, add your map sensor in kPa into your channels and take another cruise log. hard to tell whats going on without knowing engine load

i got the mpvi2 to work but now i have unlicensed vehicle error,
check those files they should get the map to read, i think the map is working fine cant see anything wrong

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: xml
ve1.Channels.xml (1.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: xml
final.Layout.xml (18.9 KB, 21 views)