Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p59 pcm cant log misfire with hpt

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p59 pcm cant log misfire with hpt

so I'm getting a p0300 code when trying to log for misfires in HPT it doesn’t list it as something I can log. The version of HPT I have is 4.0.12. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Its a new reman 6.0 03 2500hd. We replaced all the sensors but the O2's when we put it in did a crank relearn also. will run fire sometimes then at 70mph check engine light will come on and it looses power. light goes off after you get below 60mph. Sometimes it wont go 20mph and just runs like absolute dog **** like its in reduced power mode. But it never says its in reduced power mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please dont tel me to do a goggle search because I have and haven't came up with anything helpful have already tried everything.

Last edited by Drj8787; 11-03-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

do you have a log file from when it does it?
Old 11-03-2018, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Unfortunately no the only time I was able to make it do it while I was logging I forgot to save the log before I started a new one. I haven’t been able to make it do it again while I’m logging or Driving the truck. Its not my truck it’s a buddy’s. He will try and drive it and it will act up and do it again then run like **** like it’s in reduced power mode but by the time I come look at it and scan it it runs fine for me. It’s never said reduced power on the message center of thrown the code for the throttle body or pedal assembly or TAC just the p0300 random misfire.

That’s why I need to log for misfire count on each cylinder but all that it will let me scan is the main stuff like rpm, tps, ltft,stft,
map,maf,adv. when I try to add other channels this is basically all that I can select. So I’m confused about why.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

are you in basic view?

next time you have it connected at key on engine off, hit the little green gear to cull the channels you cannot log and then use the drill down menu to get to throttle position

then have your buddy work the pedal while you physically observe the throttle blade. set up a throttle position bar gauge in gauges and make sure it applies smooth. check the plug at the TB, the plugs at the TAC module (if its a work truck it's probably full of 7-11 hotdog crumbs and shitty coffee) look at the plugs and make sure the pins arent crushed. i have also recently seen a bad (water intrusion) BCM cause the same intermittent 0300 code. also have seen a truck that some tweaker attempted to steal and the ruined the ign switch somehow caused similar problems
Old 11-04-2018, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by truckdoug
are you in basic view?

next time you have it connected at key on engine off, hit the little green gear to cull the channels you cannot log and then use the drill down menu to get to throttle position

then have your buddy work the pedal while you physically observe the throttle blade. set up a throttle position bar gauge in gauges and make sure it applies smooth. check the plug at the TB, the plugs at the TAC module (if its a work truck it's probably full of 7-11 hotdog crumbs and shitty coffee) look at the plugs and make sure the pins arent crushed. i have also recently seen a bad (water intrusion) BCM cause the same intermittent 0300 code. also have seen a truck that some tweaker attempted to steal and the ruined the ign switch somehow caused similar problems
the only basic view I’m aware of is for the editor. Is that what you’re talking about? If so no it’s not but I’m not using the editor just the scanner. And the little green gear being the one above channel correct?

I will make sure that the throttle position seems to correlate with what I’m seeing in the scanner but why it only polls a handful of stuff I can add to the channel list.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

So this is a picture of what I want to log the picture was taken when hooked up to my 98 z28. When I’m hooked up to his truck I don’t have this available for me to select. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 11-04-2018, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

you should be able to log that. you may have to poll his computer since its a different OS
Old 11-04-2018, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, I know where to go to repoll it I’ll try it, but I thought that is what happened when you hit connect button

thanks