Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS/Track control/ Brake light on after tire change

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default ABS/Track control/ Brake light on after tire change

I redid the car in hp tuners to reflect the 295/50/15 rears 28" basically and have matching fronts.

I adjust in HP tuners for this and still getting these lights on the dash after driving some. Is there a spot I am missing? HP tuners has a tire change section and I used that.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ABS module has tire size it in you can not access with tuning software.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
ABS module has tire size it in you can not access with tuning software.

Crap..... What are my options short of black electrical tape lol. I am assuming HP tuners just fixed the speedo then correct?

Its on 02 ws6 that had 275/40/17 and i went to 295/55/15 Front tires were changed out to similar diameter (very close)

Will changing this fix it? I read on HP tuners forum it may

Last edited by klinznilk; 04-14-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

I did the math on this, and that's not a huge change honestly. Your previous settings were about 2540/101605... ish. I suppose it's worth a try to reduce the ABS to the new values. Can't say I've done it though. I didn't have this issue going to the newer tires, and mine changed very similarly to yours. Maybe the sensor took a hit? Worth a look.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

I will say, even with the PROPER math for everything, I still had to adjust and adjust using GPS to note the error at certain speeds. It's still off from displayed and what's in the scanner. I think this has something to do with the gear ratios, ISS and VSS error with the 4L80. I did the math on that too, and there is actually an explanation, but I just made real world corrections to the speedo cal using GPS. It's dead nuts on now, but the scanner is way off, maybe like 10% or so. I used to be able to explain why, but those penguins have since left the island.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Is a GM Tech II table able to adjust these levels? My tech friend tried and was not able to see where to even make any changes. I have tried modifying more and still randomly coming on.

Sensors in rear seem okay and are not overly dirty. These seem discontinued?

Front sensors/hubs are brand new with maybe 1000 miles on them. Had zero issues tel tire change
Old 05-30-2019, 06:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"I used to be able to explain why, but those penguins have since left the island."
I can identify w/ that! It's hell, when it happens!
Old 05-30-2019, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by klinznilk
Is a GM Tech II table able to adjust these levels? My tech friend tried and was not able to see where to even make any changes. I have tried modifying more and still randomly coming on.

Sensors in rear seem okay and are not overly dirty. These seem discontinued?

Front sensors/hubs are brand new with maybe 1000 miles on them. Had zero issues tel tire change
I dont know if its in every vehicle (it should be) but we have done it on alot of trucks and a suburban the other day. I dont have anything older here to plug into to see unfortunately and its been years since we messed with anything like that. Its harder to find in some vehicles than others when going through the tech2.