Sponsored by:

LS376/525 Dies at hard accelerating/WOT

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS376/525 Dies at hard accelerating/WOT

Hello, I hope somebody could help me.

I've the following engine https://es.chevrolet.com/performance...ines/ls376-525 with the GM performance management harness.

The engine works fine but it dies when I change gears (manual transmission TREMEC 6-Speed) and push the pedal fast to the ground. The issue doesn't appears if I push the pedal gradually.

I did the following tests:
- Change throttle body
- Change O2 sensor
- Change MAF
- Change air filter
- Check grounds
- Check fuel pressure (58 PSI constant).

Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Pull the tune out. Datalog the problem and post both.

Are you using the connect and cruise PCM/harness?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Hi, thanks for your help!

We installed the following Engine Controller Kit https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/nal-19354332

I will try to get the tune file and datalog and upload this weekend.

Thanks again!
Old 05-15-2019, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 10 Year

Did you get the setup for a manual transmission? I''ve never used that setup before is why I'm asking.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Hi,

Attached is the tune file and the datalog that I did a coulpe of hours ago. The fault didn't appears. I did a coulpe of tests at different loads, but problem didn't appears. Despite of that I would really appreciate if you could take a look to the datalog and let me know if there is something appears to be wrong. I could't connect the O2 sensor to the MPVI Interface so you will not see AFR data in the datalog. The only thing that take my attention is the INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE, the outside temperature was near 70 F and the IAT was allways over 100F.

Thanks again!

Attached Files
File Type: hpt
20190515 BELLAIR 1956 OEM.hpt (763.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: hpl
20190515 BELLAIR 1956.hpl (4.23 MB, 44 views)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Hi, I didn't make any change to the OEM tune. Is that you question?

PD. Sorry for my english, I'm from Argentina.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 10 Year

at 2:31 in the log, it goes into closed loop fault and your fuel trims get wacky. What DTC's is it kicking out?

It starts adding a bunch of fuel on Bank 1, it's almost like that 02 sensor stuck lean, but then the trims go back to normal after a bit.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

usa este archivo, hise varias modificaciones. Deveria de funcionar mejor boludoooo, reportate con los resultados.
Attached Files
Old 05-16-2019, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

"The only thing that take my attention is the INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE, the outside temperature was near 70 F and the IAT was allways over 100F.
"
With the air cleaner sitting in the radiator air stream, the IAT is going to be higher than ambient. A "cold air" box could help w/ the temp.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by subeone
usa este archivo, hise varias modificaciones. Deveria de funcionar mejor boludoooo, reportate con los resultados.
Excelente! Muchas gracias, voy a revisarlo un poco con la tool de comparación de HP TUNERS y probarlo. Dame unos días porque el auto está en un evento este fin de semana.

PD. Jajajaja .. me hiciste reir con el "boludooooo" ... y me alegró ver la respuesta en español. Tienes amigos argentinos por lo que veo ... jejeje
Old 05-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
at 2:31 in the log, it goes into closed loop fault and your fuel trims get wacky. What DTC's is it kicking out?

It starts adding a bunch of fuel on Bank 1, it's almost like that 02 sensor stuck lean, but then the trims go back to normal after a bit.
I double checked DTCs in HP TUNERS Scanner and appears DTC P0134. But the O2 sensors are brand new, its were one of the first things that I changed ... On the other hand, when the engine starts and during a couple of minute it didn't idle right ... then I push the pedal a couple of times and began to idle.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
"The only thing that take my attention is the INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE, the outside temperature was near 70 F and the IAT was allways over 100F.
"
With the air cleaner sitting in the radiator air stream, the IAT is going to be higher than ambient. A "cold air" box could help w/ the temp.
Thanks! We thought about that ... but to do that, we need to make some mods to the engine bay and we were tryng to avoid it ... Which is the maximun IAT that we can handle without affect engine peformance?
Old 05-16-2019, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wdiegogarcia
Excelente! Muchas gracias, voy a revisarlo un poco con la tool de comparación de HP TUNERS y probarlo. Dame unos días porque el auto está en un evento este fin de semana.

PD. Jajajaja .. me hiciste reir con el "boludooooo" ... y me alegró ver la respuesta en español. Tienes amigos argentinos por lo que veo ... jejeje
No pude abrir tu archivo porque me arroja el siguiente mensaje "Unable to open file. Unsupported or newer version detected. Please update your software". Tengo la versión 3.4.89. Desde dónde puedo download la nueva versión? Si hago la actualización mantengo las Application Keys y el historial de uso de créditos?
Old 05-20-2019, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Www.hptuners.com loco baja el software donde dice downloads. Latest version. Si cuando lo instales toda tu info se pasa pala nueva version. Me actualisas aver como funciono ! Jaja si tengo varios amigos sudamericanos
Salu2
Old 05-21-2019, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Dale perfecto! El auto está unos días en cabina de pintura, con lo que seguramente lo vea la semana próxima. Ni bien lo aplico te cuento. Muchas gracias de nuevo!
Old 05-21-2019, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by subeone
Www.hptuners.com loco baja el software donde dice downloads. Latest version. Si cuando lo instales toda tu info se pasa pala nueva version. Me actualisas aver como funciono ! Jaja si tengo varios amigos sudamericanos
Salu2
Dale perfecto! El auto está unos días en cabina de pintura, con lo que seguramente lo vea la semana próxima. Ni bien lo aplico te cuento. Muchas gracias de nuevo!
Old 06-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wdiegogarcia
Hola, estoy de vuelta. Estuve revisando el file que me enviaste con la función COMPARE y tengo un par de dudas:
1- Todas las modificaciones asociadas a parámetros de la transmisión (ej. ENGINE->SPARK->IDLE ADAPTATIVE SPARK CONTROL->OVERSPEED->P/N) tienen algún efecto en autos con transmisión manual?
2- En la tabla ENGINE->FUEL->POWER ENRICH->POWER ENRICHMENT->EQ Ratio (GAS), veo en general una reducción. Está ok? En teoría esto reduciría combustible
3- La tabla ENGINE->SPARK->IDLE SPARK ADVANCE->BASE siendo que aplica únicamente para IDLE que sentido tiene en los valores de RPM superiores?

Gracias por tu tiempo!