Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Email Tuners/ hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Email Tuners/ hp tuners

I have a 2000 z28 and I am looking for a good email tuner who uses hp tuners. If anyone can point me in some directions that would be awesome!
Old 04-09-2022, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JackC13
I have a 2000 z28 and I am looking for a good email tuner who uses hp tuners. If anyone can point me in some directions that would be awesome!
I can do it for you if you’d like. Shoot me an email and I’d be happy too get you dialed in. Andy@atobtuning.com
Old 04-09-2022, 02:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 505 Likes on 355 Posts

Do tons more searching on this forum until your eyes bleed. The fact that you gave no info on your ride, and you want an email tune basically means you know nothing. This means you would likely pay good money without knowing if your results were worth it, which they won't be.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Don't know too much about what's all been done to it, I bought it from a lady whose husband had it before he died. I know it has 243 heads, long tube headers, a vortec air intake manifold from a truck, and we think it's been cammed. The engine was clearly was messed with pretty recently. It does run rich atm.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (04-09-2022)
Old 04-09-2022, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,153 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Don't know too much about what's all been done to it, I bought it from a lady whose husband had it before he died. I know it has 243 heads, long tube headers, a vortec air intake manifold from a truck, and we think it's been cammed. The engine was clearly was messed with pretty recently. It does run rich atm.
For any Email or any remote tune, the tuner needs to know EVERYTHING about the setup. Including the cam.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma
For any Email or any remote tune, the tuner needs to know EVERYTHING about the setup. Including the cam.
I just bought it a couple weeks ago, I have no information on the cam in it.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,153 Likes on 2,460 Posts

I just bought it a couple weeks ago, I have no information on the cam in it.
The tuner can't shoot in the dark...
Old 04-09-2022, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Contact Lorenz @ LSx Power Tuning out of Texas. I've had good experiences with Lorenz in the past with a base tune I finished myself. Don't really need to know a ton about the setup. Give him all the info you can find. He will ask for a copy of the tune file and give you a channel config to upload and request specific logs.
The following 2 users liked this post by kinglt-1:
G Atsma (04-09-2022), JackC13 (04-09-2022)
Old 04-09-2022, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes all known info would be nice but knowing the cam specs isn’t an absolute must. For the tune to be spot on communication is key. As I would not have hands on it I’d need part numbers for injectors used and if any additional sensors on the motor differ from stock from previous modifications. I do have an application form for all new customers/vehicles so I can get all needed info before entering into an agreement/payment for the tune. There are certain things I will not tune in person or remotely anymore such as builds with cheap Chinese knock off injectors as a prime example.
Old 04-10-2022, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

From what I have read on this forum and with a few bad local tunes the only way that I would consider a mail order tune is if the tuner agrees to receive and reply with data logs that you send back and forth as the tuner tunes the car. This means you would have to have a wide band so you can data log, send the file to the tuner and then rinse and repeat as necessary until the tune is right and has good driveability. It's driveability that takes time. Tuning for driveability is what the tuners that I have had tune my car don't want to do. It's not a one hour job. They want you in and out and yet charge up to $600 or more for 2 hrs on the dyno.

If my setup didn't have a power adder I think that Lorenz would be someone that would have worked with me on the tune as long as I can data log. On the other hand with 600 - 650 rwhp HP, it's not safe to road tune for maximum rwhp. It's safest to tune on a dyno. So I had to find someone local.

Since the OP is NA and more than likely under 500 rwhp, give Lorenz a call.

Be advised, however, that you must know how things work under the hood. If it misfiring and might need a plug change or you have a dead O2 sensor you or someone will need to fix these issues before Lorenz can continue with the tune.

Quick Reply: Good Email Tuners/ hp tuners