PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide Band pre-release screenshots

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the cost going to be? I am VERY VERY interested. Will it work for 98s?

Old 09-10-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

It looks like this is going to be an all out race between EFI-Live and HP Tuners
Old 09-10-2004, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnus
No official release date. We will post more when it is ready.
I'm getting ready to by LS1 edit. Is this new feature going to make it easier to tune than edit?
Old 09-10-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
I'm getting ready to by LS1 edit. Is this new feature going to make it easier to tune than edit?
if you have a wideband O2 sensor way easier... this new HPT cable will let you take a Wideband O2 output (you need to converter and the 02 sensor... they run about 250-350 on up)

This Wideband Upgrade still requires you own a Wideband O2 system... the cable provides a method of feeding the wideband output to the HP Tuners scanner, so that you can scan wideband along w/RPM, and any other normal scan features you want to look at.

As for the base cable... ls1 edit doesn't even compare... the scanner they finally have come out with sucks, plus LS1 Edit is locked to your PCM... so really no resale value... HPT is year/model locked... so if you buy for an 02 f-body it'll work on any 02 f-body ...

Do a quick search in this section and you'll see there's no comparison... plus AFAIK there's not going to be an LS1 Edit cable with support for wideband integration released anytime soon...
Old 09-11-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by QuickSilver2002
It looks like this is going to be an all out race between EFI-Live and HP Tuners

I was reading on the EFI Live forums and they appear to be adding more features for input logging than just one Wideband input which seems pretty cool.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a cut and paste of the info:

Are there going to be multiple hardware versions? I seem to remember someone saying that there would initially be two A/D converters offered (four supported by the software), and then two more would be added later.

We are running with two, but we added another 'surprise' input that will only be announced when you can actually purchase the product.

Afterall, with two inputs you can measure a WBO2 and something like a boost sensor. The adaptor could actually support 6 A/D inputs, but what would you used them all for?.

There are a ton of things people could use the inputs for. Here are a few that I have used.

WB
Fuel Pressure
Boost
EGT
Alky injection activation
Alky injection Pressure
N20 activation
N20 pressure

http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=766
Old 09-11-2004, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Can you point me in the direction of everything I will need for this setup. I did a search but nothing comes up for hptuners and wideband. I looked at alot of different widebands with alot of different options. What is the bare minimum I need for this to work? The wideband O2s and the cable/addon? Which is the best wideband to get that will work with hptuners? I already have hptuners with updates. TIA
Old 09-11-2004, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

I was planning on getting the dynojet wideband commander.So do I wait for EFI flash scan or wait for HP tuners to finish the wb o2 feature.The race is on!

Last edited by 02SOMWS6; 09-11-2004 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We will have 4 inputs.... and some other nifty features that I cannot mention.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Magnus
We will have 4 inputs.... and some other nifty features that I cannot mention.
Whats the highest RWHP and RWTQ HP tuner car out there.From what I've seen all the real high rwhp and tq cars were tuned with edit.Almost all shops use edit.This makes me think I should get edit.Can HP tuners do all the same things as edit? Just puts a question in my mind that if all the shops and best tuners are using edit why should I get something different.So far I'm leaning toward HP tuners. When is the latest version going to be ready and how much more is it gonna be?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

is the dynojet wideband commander the best to get?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

I'd look at the PLX, but dynojet/innovate are certainly more common around here.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats the highest RWHP and RWTQ HP tuner car out there.From what I've seen all the real high rwhp and tq cars were tuned with edit.Almost all shops use edit.This makes me think I should get edit.Can HP tuners do all the same things as edit? Just puts a question in my mind that if all the shops and best tuners are using edit why should I get something different.So far I'm leaning toward HP tuners. When is the latest version going to be ready and how much more is it gonna be?
HPT has mostly the same tables, plus alot more functionality,and a built in scanner (that rivals some of the stand alone scanners out there)

Only reason most shops use edit is because edit has been out since 2002 or so ... back in the day it was the only choice available... things have changed

I believe the 15th is the release for the next version (http://www.hptuners.com/ check the forum)

LS1 Edit is vin/PCM locked... whereas HPT is year/model locked... so if you buy HPT for a 2002 F-Body, it will work on any 2002 F-Body .. if you buy ls1 edit for your 2002 F-Body it'll work on only your 2002 F-Body, if you have a spare PCM (I had to buy a spare when I was using edit because it killed my PCM, had to have dealership reflash... HumpinSS killed 2 or 3 PCMs with edit... and his PCMs weren't recoverable ... edit will only work on the original PCM, can't modify the spare even if it's for a 2002 and has your VIN in it)
Old 09-12-2004, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

What difference does it make what tner package got the most HP. That all lie within the competency of YOUR tuner. Whether ashop tuens your car with edit or tuners both programs are capable of reading the tune. TUners has been out for a year compared to edits debut in 98-99 so naturally there will be more edit users than HPTuner users. Tuners has way more benfits than edit horist has touched on a few. New PCM's added to an edit cable will run you 200.00, we know all to well about this. If edit frys your pcm you are at the mercy of carputing and your pocket to add a new pcm to the cable, not to mention down time. TUners has a recovery feature and with the 499.00 version there is possibly no way to kill the pcm. If the cabes loses communications with the pcm you just reflash the file and you are good to go. Who can argue with 27 second flashing compared to 1-2 minutes with edit. THe scanner has a whole bunch of neat features and most of all it is functional....

Their WB cable will be out soon....

Man i could go on and on in these days and times who still purchases edit with its lack of support and features. When the efilive product debuts you will have even more functional options to chose from....

If i see another one of these threads and have to type why I feel Hptuners i better than edit. Keith and company will have to put me on the payroll
Old 09-12-2004, 12:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
What difference does it make what tner package got the most HP. That all lie within the competency of YOUR tuner. Whether ashop tuens your car with edit or tuners both programs are capable of reading the tune. TUners has been out for a year compared to edits debut in 98-99 so naturally there will be more edit users than HPTuner users. Tuners has way more benfits than edit horist has touched on a few. New PCM's added to an edit cable will run you 200.00, we know all to well about this. If edit frys your pcm you are at the mercy of carputing and your pocket to add a new pcm to the cable, not to mention down time. TUners has a recovery feature and with the 499.00 version there is possibly no way to kill the pcm. If the cabes loses communications with the pcm you just reflash the file and you are good to go. Who can argue with 27 second flashing compared to 1-2 minutes with edit. THe scanner has a whole bunch of neat features and most of all it is functional....

Their WB cable will be out soon....

Man i could go on and on in these days and times who still purchases edit with its lack of support and features. When the efilive product debuts you will have even more functional options to chose from....

If i see another one of these threads and have to type why I feel Hptuners i better than edit. Keith and company will have to put me on the payroll
So what about EFI live flash scan? Am I gonna be sorry I jumped the gun and got the HP tuners over the EFI live flash scan.Not to many people now anything about the EFI live version thats gonna be out soon.I just wanna be able to get the best tune out of my car.I have done everything on my car from top to bottom,I picked out my H&C combo,I wrenched on every little thing that has been changed.I have only been to a shop to have my tune done.Only to go back after I made more changes to have a re-tune done.I could have done all this myself with one of these programs and a wb o2.So I just want to be able to tune for the most HP and TQ myself and have the feeling that I did everything on my car 100% and go 9's spraying.Right now I feel that once I get the hang of tuning and with a 28" tire I should be able to get a 11.0-10.9 out of my car on engine.The car has gone 11.5 at a slow track with poor elavation.I could take a 2 hour longer drive to a track that is 2 tenths quicker just be going there.And I know there is more to be had with the tune.Plus cold weather is comming our way to help out even more.I am willing to put in the many hours to learn how to tune my car for the best E.T. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right tools to work with from the start.Built,driven,and tuned by ME
Old 09-12-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

So what about EFI live flash scan? Am I gonna be sorry I jumped the gun and got the HP tuners over the EFI live flash scan.Not to many people now anything about the EFI live version thats gonna be out soon.I just wanna be able to get the best tune out of my car.I have done everything on my car from top to bottom,I picked out my H&C combo,I wrenched on every little thing that has been changed.I have only been to a shop to have my tune done.Only to go back after I made more changes to have a re-tune done.I could have done all this myself with one of these programs and a wb o2.So I just want to be able to tune for the most HP and TQ myself and have the feeling that I did everything on my car 100% and go 9's spraying.Right now I feel that once I get the hang of tuning and with a 28" tire I should be able to get a 11.0-10.9 out of my car on engine.The car has gone 11.5 at a slow track with poor elavation.I could take a 2 hour longer drive to a track that is 2 tenths quicker just be going there.And I know there is more to be had with the tune.Plus cold weather is comming our way to help out even more.I am willing to put in the many hours to learn how to tune my car for the best E.T. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right tools to work with from the start.Built,driven,and tuned by ME

Really? Is that why your sig says......

ARE stage 2 head and cam,Tuned be EastSide Performance,Dynoed 426RWHP with 406RWTQ with only 1500 miles on the car Best track time-11.5 at 119mph with a 1.62 60ft.
11.5 Run
Old 09-12-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HumpinSS

But I do feel good about informing somebody about a product that is worth the money you pay for it, unlike a lot of other products.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Really? Is that why your sig says......

ARE stage 2 head and cam,Tuned be EastSide Performance,Dynoed 426RWHP with 406RWTQ with only 1500 miles on the car Best track time-11.5 at 119mph with a 1.62 60ft.
11.5 Run
I haven't updated any of my last changes.Since then I have done K-member upfront,lower control arms,weld skinnies up front,3" x-pipe to 3" dual bullets,bigger injectors and a racetronics fuel pump.Once I get my new setup dialed in I will change it wise ***.Once I have tuned it in myself I will change my sig. I brought my H&C from ARE and did all the work my self.My car has never been to any shop for anything but a tune.I want to be able to say that I tuned it as well and change my sig.That 11.5 run was with a stock cat back and factory tires up front.

Last edited by 02SOMWS6; 09-12-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

If I buy the HPtuners package before the official wideband release what is involved to go to the WB version?
Old 09-14-2004, 03:16 PM
FormerVendor

Send the cable back with a fee for the update version
Old 09-14-2004, 03:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Both HPTuners and EFILive "wideband option" are simply
uncommitted A/D converter inputs. Perhaps with some
software support. But you can plug the analog output
of any of the wideband rigs into them. Of course if you
were inclined to cobble stuff up you could almost as
easily, if not as cleanly, put the wideband output to
(say) one of the rear O2s or the A/C pressure sender
connector and log it like that.

As long as you get a 0-1V or 0-4V analog output, and
the manufacturer gives you a mapping function for the
voltage to AFR, you will be able to use it with these
new "wideband-enabled" versions.

None of them actually -give- you the wideband, they
just make it straightforward to pull the wideband data
in with the rest of what's being logged, eliminating the
headache of trying to sync up two data streams, on
different timebases (like, my LM-1 runs at 12 samples/sec
while EFILive and HPTuners pull OBDII data at 10/sec).

Quick Reply: Wide Band pre-release screenshots