Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 OR 2 Wideband O2

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 OR 2 Wideband O2

This has been bugging me alittle. using only one Wideband O2 say on driver side for tunning. how do you know the the other side is also ok without a Wideband O2 .

any of the AFTERMARKET Wideband O2 controls support DUEL SET UP?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FJO has a nice dual unit.

provided your injectors are all flowing about the same, 1 side is good enough, keep an eye on your short and long term fuel trims, and see if either side is out of balance of the other. If so, then you will want to swap the sensor, and make sure both banks are good.

If running a high hp setup, on stock rails, i would run the o2 sensor on the passenger side bank, as that side tends to go lean first due to the rail design.

Ryan
Old 12-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Restricted User

Ryan....may I ask what you are basing your statement of the pass side runs leaner do to rail design from? My experience, from Nitrous perspective, is that the drivers side runs leaner. I say this because myself, and a couple friends, have had problems running nitrous on non-nitrous tune, or too much for the tune, and results in the drivers side plugs are the ones that melt, blow the ground strap off, suffer deposits from detonation, and or crack ring lands etc. Out of 6 separate incidents of plugs burning up it was all on the drivers side, with the pass side barely showing anything other than normal plug and combustion.
It may be different with badass NA setups or FI, but I would speculate they arent risking using stock rails at that point either, where Nitrous you get more out of them, even using a dedicated fuel system or not.
Curious about it, not calling BS, just sharing my experiences.

Bfly, I have been wondering about the same thing since I am getting ready to get HPT, I was wanting to make a switch box, like used for printer sharing. Although you can use the LTFTs to verify they banks are in synch, I would be curious if there is a difference, even the slightest in the LTFTs as to what it equates to in wideband, e.g. bank 1 LTFT -6.3 /// bank 2 LTFT -5.9. One bank may be running at desired 13.1:1 on street, where the other is running 13.8 or something. I worry about for the spray mroe than anything else.

Charlie
Old 12-17-2004, 09:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I was N/A, with stock fuel rails, my passenger side ran leanest (lower O2 Readings).
When I went FI, I also gutted that damper and increased fuel volume and pressure. My driver side went leanest.

It seems several factors can influence this.
Old 12-17-2004, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

SO i guess to sum it up runing two wideband o2's is a very good idea.

where can i find this FJO?

Last edited by bfly; 12-17-2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

on a n20 setup, the drivers bank gets the wet fuel demand off the test port, good point.

I meant to add high hp forced induction to my statement.

Ryan
Old 12-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Restricted User

Ryan, yep, damn I wasnt even thunking about that one either! Gees.

bfly- What kind of setup are you planning/do you have? If you have the extra cheddar, I would say its nicer, but its really not that needed (I'd go dual WB if it was less $).
Old 12-17-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bfly, here :

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/wbafr/wbafr.htm
Old 12-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Launching!

I always killed the passenger side o2 when I sparyed, had to richen it out a little. The driver side, never had a problem.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

A word about the FJO units, they use a rather expensive o2 sensor. I think last time I looked, it was like $170 per sensor