Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo predator vs Crane Cam power max

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablo predator vs Crane Cam power max

i have a 1999 firebird and im looking for a good programmer i was wondering can anybody tell me which programmer is better diablo predator or crane cam power max...
Old 12-22-2004, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Predator is a pile of junk and the customer service is the same. It is only good for clearing a engine light and looking at live data. They promised a new 1.04 update two years ago and never came through and do not expect them to.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

so in other words im better off getting the crane cam power max
Old 12-22-2004, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

i bought one when everyone was praising it now i see everyone trashing it. i get my custom tunes through James at RWTD and have dynoed my car and have been very impressed with it so far. i was disapointed when they did not come out with the update and was ready to trash it, but i stuck to it and i am happy so far i did, at $400 plus dollars i just was not going to toss it aside.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the price just buy hptuners, then email me and ill set you up with a program that will outdo the preditor or any other scanner, and ill do it for free.. jes
Old 12-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wait4me
for the price just buy hptuners, then email me and ill set you up with a program that will outdo the preditor or any other scanner, and ill do it for free.. jes
do u need a labtop for hptuners or how do it works...and where do i get it from...
Old 01-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wait4me
Are you still doing this? PM me if so
Old 01-29-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have the Predator for my 02 WS6 and it works great for me. It is more than just a code reader and live data. I can adjust a/f ratio, spark timing, adjust my A4 to work just like I want...... Best $400 I ever spent. I have a new cam I'm waiting to put in (warranty runs out in 2 months) and I will be able to tune for that too. And no lap top needed. Works for me. I don't know much about the Crane unit. But I hear it is preprogramed for their cams and you can also adjust idle speed with it, the pred won't adjust idle. But there other ways to do that if you do a search. Good luck
Old 01-29-2005, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

here's a tutorial i made for the Crane/ VHP tuner http://www.stealthram.com/vhptuner.htm i picked up .2 and 1.4 mph using it on a my stock 00 formula with only a SLP airlid at the time. it's now attached to the 99 formula. going to keep it on that car. just put heads on.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Launching!

The crane or Vinci programers let you adjust the idle in 50 rpm increments,predator doesn't,this is critical for me as i'm installing cam,valvetrain and larger injectors,i can't be driving around with a low idle,running rich and stumbling while i wait for the "custom" predador tune.it also adjusts for cams up to .600 lift, a/f,timing,injectors,etc....
I like the fact that it has 6 programs already tested,a couple for heads and cam,one for superchargers,you can pick the program closest to your set up,and dial it in from there.Or start from scratch and make your own tune.

I will be getting one in a matter of weeks.I don't have time for the learning curve associated with LS1 edit or HP tunner.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 Pewter LS1
The Predator is a pile of junk and the customer service is the same. It is only good for clearing a engine light and looking at live data. They promised a new 1.04 update two years ago and never came through and do not expect them to.
I noticed in your sig you have a PI converter, I have a set of long tubes and ORY I'll be putting in and I also plan on a PI converter this year as well.
What type of adjustments need to be made for the converter other than removing tq management ? I'm just wondering if there are adjustments that need to be made the Predator and Vinci can't handle? If I understand it correctly I would need a custom tune to remove the tq management with the Predator, I thought with the Vinci this can be done by the end user ?
thanks

Quick Reply: Diablo predator vs Crane Cam power max