Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exactly what does HPP3 do.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exactly what does HPP3 do.

The power tuning--what is it?advance timing,lean it out,fatten it up,exactly what changes are made.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if guessing, id say, more timing, lean out the mix, and then what ever options you pick for the trans and fans and rear gears,
Old 01-25-2005, 09:03 AM
LS1 Tech Veteran

I've done some analysis of the tuning changes from stock to the 87 Octane Tune to the 91 Octane Tune of my Hypertech 30005 for my 2000 Yukon XL. I've done this using EFILive FlashScan Version 7 which has a tune differences analysis function/feature. It appears that the Hypertech programmer that I have does the following.

1. Advances the High Octane Spark Table by about 3 degrees on the 87 Octane Tune
2. Advances the High Octane Spark Table by about 4.5 degrees on the 91 Octane Tune (or 1.5 additional degrees over their 87 Octane Tune).
3. Gives the user the ability to adjust shift points, Tire size, rear axle ratio, etc.

Most of the parameters of the tune calibration are unchanged which makes sense as they are designed for a stock engine which is fairly well set up from the factory. I did not see that any changes were made that effect mixture/fueling.

Hope that this helps.

Does anyone want to buy my Hypertech 30005?

Steve
Old 01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
I've done some analysis of the tuning changes from stock to the 87 Octane Tune to the 91 Octane Tune of my Hypertech 30005 for my 2000 Yukon XL. I've done this using EFILive FlashScan Version 7 which has a tune differences analysis function/feature. It appears that the Hypertech programmer that I have does the following.

1. Advances the High Octane Spark Table by about 3 degrees on the 87 Octane Tune
2. Advances the High Octane Spark Table by about 4.5 degrees on the 91 Octane Tune (or 1.5 additional degrees over their 87 Octane Tune).
3. Gives the user the ability to adjust shift points, Tire size, rear axle ratio, etc.

Most of the parameters of the tune calibration are unchanged which makes sense as they are designed for a stock engine which is fairly well set up from the factory. I did not see that any changes were made that effect mixture/fueling.

Hope that this helps.

Does anyone want to buy my Hypertech 30005?

Steve

Exactly what I found. It only really adjust high and low tables. There was another table it messed with but i cant remember off the top of my head. Mainly what you said is what i found and did this on a 03 5.3L serria
Old 01-25-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the F-Bodies, what I found was it bumped up timing, copied high octane spark tables to low octane spark tables, and leaned the PE table out ... (leans you out at WOT)

Hence the reason Power Tuning helps some cars and others run slower... some cars are running just perfect AFR ... any leaner and they get knock... you lean a car out and add timing ... there's a good chance of getting knock...
Old 01-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by horist
for the F-Bodies, what I found was it bumped up timing, copied high octane spark tables to low octane spark tables, and leaned the PE table out ... (leans you out at WOT)

Hence the reason Power Tuning helps some cars and others run slower... some cars are running just perfect AFR ... any leaner and they get knock... you lean a car out and add timing ... there's a good chance of getting knock...

Now I remember it affects the PE table also. And like horist said every car responds different from what I have seen.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

I never saw any gains with the "power" tuning. The only thing it seemed good for was adjusting for tire size and gear changes. IMHO.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

It does nothing good.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ricekillman
It does nothing good.
Took $370 out of my account good!...would never do it again!!!

Quick Reply: Exactly what does HPP3 do.