PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyway to check the crank and cam signals with HPT? Thought I seen something on the software tables, but cant remember. I would like to think it wouldnt be either of them since it will run decent after throwing different tunes in, it will idle sometimes, and other times it just makes me want to work on a Ford. Ugh. If the latest reflash doesnt work, which seems to be going ok so far, the LTFTs are stabilizing and the popping is nearly cleared up, then it's time for a Tech 2 trip.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

yes you can monitor crank/cam with HP Tuners.

Try the cyl balance test in VCM Scanner.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Restricted User

Maybe now I can do the test if the POS is holding an idle worth a damn. I tried the other day, it died eachtime. And the surging made it nearly impossible when I did crank up the idle to get a decent read. Will try that again. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

what do the IAC's look like at idle?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:20 AM
FormerVendor

check the O2 sensor wires are on the correct banks. If you have them switched the closed loop fueling will be unstable, you will notice one side goes max rich and the other goes max lean. It will be luck as to which way it goes first.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Restricted User

Magnus, last time I check is when it wouldnt hold idle for crap and the IAC Count was 115 or so, but not sure since the car would barely stay running, even using the throttle.

gameover, I would think if the car was running fine, and then you hooked up a tuning application to it and then it started running like crap, its not the wires. But, They have been checked just the same, and thats good info.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Restricted User

Well, talk about Anomolies.... Went over yesterday reloaded the same tune I originally pulled out of it, using HPTuners. Started up, ran a little better, then shortly after idling the trims started coming in line. Drew took it around the block a bit and it slowly cleared up. Today, starts up and idles right away, drives pretty much like normal again, as it before ever trying HPT. Very weird and unexplainable. I had tried several times to load that same tune, and others, each time waiting for trims to start migrating, but it never did. And now, for no explainable reason, its fine.
I do appreciate all the sourcing, and help, even some of the critisizm as that kept me into seeing this through. I imagine there will be someone thinking that this never happened or I (we) actually found a problem on our side, but I assure you, there was no explanation for what happened.

Charlie
Old 05-06-2005, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

I did clean the groung points and all the electrical connection I could find, pulled the and intake cleaned it out, capped off the valve cover to TB hose.

But it didn't start running better until he put the old LS-1 edit tune back in?

I don't know WTF happend, unless CAT3 was messing with me, but the car is running a lot better.

Thanks for everyones help
Old 05-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Restricted User

Call it a late April Fool's, just my style. Take the potential for you to blow your engine, punch a few things out of the norm, call me a bunch of names just for fun. Boy did I have you, ok, so who told you I was messing with you?

Quick Reply: Problem with HP Tuners