Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Handheld Tuner...SCT XCalibrator 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Default New Handheld Tuner...SCT XCalibrator 2

Anyone have more information than what's stated in the advertisement in the July/Aug 2005 GM High-Tech Performance magazine about the SCT Xcalibrator 2 for 1996-2005 Corvettes or Fbodies.

According to the advertisement it has tuning capability equal to or better than the Vinci handheld. In addition, the tuner can be used to tune pre-99 vehicles which the Vinci can't (at least not yet...Vinci have been saying it will be out next month for months...same as EFI Live since January).

However, can't find anything on their site below about support for GM vehicles...just Ford. Since the lead time on magazines is about 60 days one would think their site would have been updated to account for the GM tuning as stated in the advertisement.

http://www.sctflash.com/main.php

I already EFI live, and have been waiting for months for EFI Live to support tuning for 98's. However, based on EFI' live's past record on getting product to market, I suspect it will be at least end of year before us 98'ers will be able to use EFI to tune with.

Yes, there is HP tuners, but I don't want to shell out another $500

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 06-06-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No need to shell out $500. We do accept trade-ins on all of our competitors products.

Shot me an e-mail @sales and I'll give you some information.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 06-06-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28
Anyone have more information than what's stated in the advertisement in the July/Aug 2005 GM High-Tech Performance magazine about the SCT Xcalibrator 2 for 1996-2005 Corvettes or Fbodies.

According to the advertisement it has tuning capability equal to or better than the Vinci handheld. In addition, the tuner can be used to tune pre-99 vehicles which the Vinci can't (at least not yet...they have been saying out next month for months...same as EFI Live).

However, can't find anything on their site about support for GM vehicles...just Ford.

http://www.sctflash.com/main.php

I already EFI live, and have been waiting for months for EFI Live to support tuning for 98's. However, based on EFI' live's past record on getting product to market, I suspect it will be at least end of year before us 98'ers will be able to use EFI to tune with.

Yes, there is HP tuners, but I don't want to shell out another $500
I would hold off another few months. They are in the process now of adding the calibrations to live for the 98's and tweaking it now. Just be patient and wait. It will be WELL worth it!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Magnus
No need to shell out $500. We do accept trade-ins on all of our competitors products.

Shot me an e-mail @sales and I'll give you some information.

- Keith, HP Tuners
So, if we have a HPPIII, we can "trade" it in on HPTuners?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sure can.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

The GM XCal2 is not available yet.

It will combine the advantages of a tuning program, and a handheld similar to their ford stuff.

Ryan
Old 06-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

The site makes it sound like you can hook the device up to your car and your laptop and log live data. Anyone know if this is correct?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

For all ford vehicles, yes, the Xcalibrator2 is a OBD2 flasher, as well as a high speed datalogger, approx 60 frames a second logging 20 parameters.

Ryan
Old 06-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Teching In

I use the SCT hardware/software/datalogger on 5 Fords that I tune. The SCT stuff works great on the Fords. If the GM version is similar to the Ford, it will be pretty darn good. I also use HPTuner on 01 and 02 Vettes with the EIO and have been happy with it, although I am not nearly as comfortable using it as I am the Ford SCT stuff.

Joe

Quick Reply: New Handheld Tuner...SCT XCalibrator 2