Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI tuning software license?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default EFI tuning software & license ?

can I download EFIs software from net then buy there license and expect to do a basic tune mainly removing EGR & rear o2 sensors?

holding off on proffessional tune untill future motors are complete.

Thanks for helping newbie
Old 01-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you know someone with a FlashScan cable you can buy a PCM license for your vehicle for $99 and tune your vehicle. You would need to borrow their cable in order to reflash your vehicle.

Otherwise you can purchase EFILive FlashScan Personal for $699.
http://www.efilive.com/resellers.html

The software is free to download at any time by anyone, the FlashScan cable and/or a PCM license are the items that you need to purchase.

Regards
Paul
Old 01-13-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

will I be able to delete EGR , Air pump & rear O2 sensors with the free software?

I think I know a man with the cable and the knowlegde willing to help me.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2006, 09:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

short answer is no...long answer is its a demo & nothing more.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by badmfkr
will I be able to delete EGR , Air pump & rear O2 sensors with the free software?

I think I know a man with the cable and the knowlegde willing to help me.

Thanks
If your friend has a FlashScan cable then you can download the software from our web site and install it on your PC. There is no difference between the software that you download from our web site and the software that is delivered on the CD when you purchase a full tuning package. (Except the software on the web site is usually more up to date). The software will default to "demo" mode until you connect up a FlashScan cable.

When you borrow your friend's cable you can either use one of his PCM licenses that is already in the FlashScan cable (if he is ok with that), or you can purchase your own $99 PCM license from EFILive by quoting the FlashScan cable serial number and registration key here:
http://store.efilive.com/index.asp?P...WPROD&ProdID=6

Once you have a PCM license, you can tune anything in your vehicle (as often as you like) as if you had the complete tuning package.

Obviously once you return the cable to your friend you won't be able to tune your car until you borrow the cable again.

Regards
Paul
Old 01-14-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Efi

Originally Posted by EFILive
If your friend has a FlashScan cable then you can download the software from our web site and install it on your PC. There is no difference between the software that you download from our web site and the software that is delivered on the CD when you purchase a full tuning package. (Except the software on the web site is usually more up to date). The software will default to "demo" mode until you connect up a FlashScan cable.

When you borrow your friend's cable you can either use one of his PCM licenses that is already in the FlashScan cable (if he is ok with that), or you can purchase your own $99 PCM license from EFILive by quoting the FlashScan cable serial number and registration key here:
http://store.efilive.com/index.asp?P...WPROD&ProdID=6

Once you have a PCM license, you can tune anything in your vehicle (as often as you like) as if you had the complete tuning package.

Obviously once you return the cable to your friend you won't be able to tune your car until you borrow the cable again.

Regards
Paul
3 ?s
1.when you say Once you have a PCM license, you can tune anything in your vehicle (as often as you like) as if you had the complete tuning package.
I'm assumming this includes removing the stuff I want EGR,rear O2s & air pump?
2.My friend works at the dealership can I buy the License and use the same cable that he uses with the Tech 2 tester?
3.if no to ?3 can I buy both the license & obd2 cable from you guy's4. Price of cable?
Thanks

Thanks

Last edited by badmfkr; 01-14-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1.when you say Once you have a PCM license, you can tune anything in your vehicle (as often as you like) as if you had the complete tuning package.
I'm assumming this includes removing the stuff I want EGR,rear O2s & air pump?
Once you have a license, you may tune all the parameters you wish that are supported. There are more then enough items that you may change including what you have mentioned.
2.My friend works at the dealership can I buy the License and use the same cable that he uses with the Tech 2 tester?
No, only the software will work with the EFILive cable.
3.if no to ?3 can I buy both the license & obd2 cable from you guy's?
Yes you may.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

?1. did you use the free version?

?2.how much is the cable?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2006, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

the personal version is 699 and the commercial version is 849. You wont need the commercial version unless you are doing full rewrites or using their free custom Os's