PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Announcing Pre-Orders for VCM Suite 2.1 and MPVI (USB)!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 02:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That problem is much worse with the old system..

With the old system:
You have a tune lined up for the weekend. You buy the license.. your tune falls through and now that license was paid for but remains unused..

At least if you sell the interface you can sell it with that additional license.. but that license was still for a specific year/model.

With the new system.
You purchase your credits for the weekend.. your tune falls through... now you can sell your interface with x amount of credits that the buyer can use however they wish.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why do things have to be so complicated in the LSX tuning world? As a tuning shop that sells many tuning systems, when the phone rings with an LSX tuning prospect, it is very difficult to quickly give a price quote. I have to put my propect on hold, call my CPA to see where I'm at with what tune number Vs credits, latest supplier plans etc, then calculate a quote for the propect, if he's still there. Having just come from the LS1 Edit world to the HPTuner world, I feel like I've jumped out of the frying pan into the fire as far as trying to keep track of my raw cost for a tune job, it's a moving target. Yes, pricing versatility is nice but losing jobs because of complicated pricing causing over and under quoting (more under then over) is getting old. No, I don't do the unlimited thing because I don't want to be locked into anything in this profession that may take years for the break even point. You hobbyists think your head hurts.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Teching In

I've been searching like crazy for something that wood fit my new car.... (and my step dads C6s own!)

HP Tuners seems pretty cool!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

dynocar, I can understand where you are coming from.

Once you actually use the credit system you will see how easy it is to use though. The user interface for the credit and licensing system is very easy to understand and follow.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Since you guys decided to change the credit system I've placed my order for the upgrade. Thanks for making the changes.

BTW... Are you sending out confirmations on the pre-orders you are receiving via paypal?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 02-11-2006, 02:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT for the Industry leader
Old 02-11-2006, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 248 Likes on 173 Posts

OK someone please tell me if I got this right...
Before this deal I could've gotten the HPTuner pkg with "2" "year" model licenses. Now I can only get 1 and then have to buy more "credits" to do another year license???

If I use the 2 credit deal, does that mean it locks itself to the PCM/VIN of the vehicle...just like EFIlive and the handheld type stuff?

What's the deal here?? Sorry, if this is a little late, but I'm in a far away place and tried to read the whole thread but we only get 20 min. on the computer.

If this is the case, WHY??? Cheaper in the long run??? My long run is just my 2 LSx based cars. I'm not a tuner shop.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Most individuals didn't need the unlimited license, so many wanted to the option to tune just their own cars...

In your case if you only want to tune your 2 LS based cars, you can and you can still have 2 spots free to tune 2 other cars (friends car, or if you purchase another) ... since you get 8 credits, you could do an unlimited and a vin locked, or 8 vin locked, or a vin locked and custom OS, etc...
Old 02-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just want to make sure that my order ships on the 15th as stated in the e-mail that I received. I finished my car 2 weeks ago and if this thing doesn't get to me by the 17th I will be pissed.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 248 Likes on 173 Posts

So Basically there is no $$ comparison with any competitor anymore. Everyone is now $6-800. Now it's just the features and ease of use...which I had used neither yet so I don't know. Guess I'll just keep reading the "battle of the tuners" then decide. I'm in no hurry as my M1114 HMMWV doesn't have an LS1.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TimZ28
BTW... Are you sending out confirmations on the pre-orders you are receiving via paypal?

Thanks,
Tim
Are you sending out confirmations? The only thing I have is my paypal receipt and I wanted to make sure yall got my order. I sent an email as well.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SAPPER
So Basically there is no $$ comparison with any competitor anymore. Everyone is now $6-800. Now it's just the features and ease of use...which I had used neither yet so I don't know. Guess I'll just keep reading the "battle of the tuners" then decide. I'm in no hurry as my M1114 HMMWV doesn't have an LS1.
keep in mind hptuners never changed their initial pricing...that was one of their own internal guidelines was to keep it the same price since they've started rather then go up. You get an extra 2 or more vin locked licenses over what the closest competitors offer & could upgrade those cars to 1/2/3 bar for cheaper then the competitors right off the bat. Its a win win situation for the consumer, more choices & in many cases it can save you $ right off the bat since 2 bar SD tunes could be included
Old 02-11-2006, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

So if you get a new customer, which interface do they recieve? The old one with 2 model years and no eio? or the new one with the eio, and usb support? For 499.00??If so that truley is a pretty good deal for new tuners, other than the whole thing about the credits.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaWs6
So if you get a new customer, which interface do they recieve? The old one with 2 model years and no eio? or the new one with the eio, and usb support? For 499.00??If so that truley is a pretty good deal for new tuners, other than the whole thing about the credits.
if your a new customer you get to choose either the usb $499 std version w/8 credits or the usb $649 enhanced version with inputs/outputs/black box logging w/8 credits.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by SAPPER
HP Tuners is still $499 for the standard interface with 8 universal GM credits and $649 for the Enhanced IO interface with 8 universal GM credits.

For only $499 you could tune your car, convert it to 2bar, and tune some other cars as well.

Also, our scanner has enhanced parameter support for every vehicle we list on our orders page. That list is only going to get larger as well. You won't find that type of scanner vehicle support with the other products available.

Our scanner will also work on ford and dodge vehicles as well in the near future. That will be a simple software upgrade as once you have the MPVI interface, you have GM, Ford and Dodge hardware support.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

will it cost anything to scan Ford/Dodge with the new interface, or are we going to shell out credits to scan them too. I guess my first question was, are you doing away completely with including the box that is currently out(serial)?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:11 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it has always been free to scan...and will always be free to scan...
you have always been able to scan any vehicle, and will always be able to scan any vehicle
Old 02-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SO, back to my statement. Will there be enough interfaces to fill the orders on the books right now? Or is there a possibility that my order will not be filled and shipped on the 15th? How will I know? Do I have to wait for the UPS guy and if he doesn't show on the 16th or the 17th, then I will know?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

When it ships, the company that makes them usually has ups send one of the automated emails with tracking number (unless your ISP flags it as spam and blocks it)

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4749
these kinda questions really are best directed at the HPT forum since alot of them have already been answered
Old 02-12-2006, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gameover
We definitely value your opinion and others. In fact that's how we got to this system in the first place, by listening to customers feedback. However, it's very tough to make one scheme that delivers the perfect outcome to every customer given the huge diversity in our customer base and the need to keep things simple.
This customer has been making one simple request that seems to be falling on deaf ears - a hardware "upgrade" path that doesn't involve shipping in the old cable, waiting for someone to get around to carrying it to the scrap pile and then ship back the new cable.

The concept of a refundable "core charge" has been around for a long, long time and works fine for the rest of the automotive industry.

I'll be upgrading from an original serial cable without EIO to the USB "Pro" cable for wideband support on an LS1, BTW, so I do "need" to upgrade. I'm not complaining about the price at all, just the process, and I'm not asking to get anything free. Dead time in March (when upgrade orders finally open) sucks.

Last edited by sgarnett; 02-12-2006 at 11:02 AM.