PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the unlimited 98 licensing, you may consider purchasing a copy of EFILive for yourself so you are not at the mercy of a tunershop when you want to make a change. Tuning software is one of the best investments you can make into your modded car
Old 03-17-2006, 09:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
With the unlimited 98 licensing, you may consider purchasing a copy of EFILive for yourself so you are not at the mercy of a tunershop when you want to make a change. Tuning software is one of the best investments you can make into your modded car
unlike most mods tuning software grows with your mods rather then growing out of them
Old 03-17-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

I agree, but this company offers free updates for life, hehe. You just need to send the computer back and what changes you did. A good dyno tune and road test is best, but at that original price of $158.10 with a new pcm, it's damn hard to pass up on.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by foff667
unlike most mods tuning software grows with your mods rather then growing out of them
LOL, now that's good stuff.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
And using tuning software over a period of time helps you to learn how your car operates.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by joecar
And using tuning software over a period of time helps you to learn how your car operates.
This is VERY true.

Thinking through your mods and tuning with the PCM tables makes you correlate the various parameters with the actual function of your engine.

Theory meets the Road - Head ON!!

( hey!, I kinda like that!!!)

FWIW. My 0.02.

joel
Old 03-21-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bink
Theory meets the Road - Head ON!!
Good one...!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bink
Theory meets the Road - Head ON!! joel

I like that too Joel.

Bill
Old 04-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Just purchase EFILive from Autotap...

I finished my swap of an LS1 into my 1986 El Camino and I have been wanting a tuner/scan software for some time. I have been living with the tach reading half scale as the company that made my harness and programmed the PCM couldn't make the tach change at that time I think or it was overlooked I don't remember which.

Well my wife just got a bonus from her work and gave me the money to purchase EFILive Personal so I should see the box Monday April 24th, 2006.

Reading this thread in its entirety I am now wondering exactly what I purchased as the thread talked about V2 coming out soon in March, so will I get V2 with this purchase?

Ever since I read EFILive provides unlimited software updates for life that was what sold me on its purchase.

I do have an issue with my swap as I installed the Corvette Drive-by-wire setup with a TAC box and Corvette pedal, the car is drivable as I drive it daily but my cruise control still doesn't work. I was told all I had to do was hook up the 4 wire stalk switch and brake switch and get instant cruise control. I swapped out the TAC box it didn't fix it, and this was after I voltage checked all the wiring to the TAC connector from the stalk switch and brake switch. My initial though was the PCM cruise control was turned off and I was hoping EFILIve will be able to test this and maybe turn it back ON for me. Now I am thinking that cruise is a TAC independent function and that there must be a simple wiring issue.

So my question is can EFILive read the stalk switch and brake switch inputs to help me troubleshoot my problem?

The first thing I am going to flash is the tach to read properly.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by jdperk-86elco
I finished my swap of an LS1 into my 1986 El Camino and I have been wanting a tuner/scan software for some time. I have been living with the tach reading half scale as the company that made my harness and programmed the PCM couldn't make the tach change at that time I think or it was overlooked I don't remember which.

Well my wife just got a bonus from her work and gave me the money to purchase EFILive Personal so I should see the box Monday April 24th, 2006.

Reading this thread in its entirety I am now wondering exactly what I purchased as the thread talked about V2 coming out soon in March, so will I get V2 with this purchase?

Ever since I read EFILive provides unlimited software updates for life that was what sold me on its purchase.

I do have an issue with my swap as I installed the Corvette Drive-by-wire setup with a TAC box and Corvette pedal, the car is drivable as I drive it daily but my cruise control still doesn't work. I was told all I had to do was hook up the 4 wire stalk switch and brake switch and get instant cruise control. I swapped out the TAC box it didn't fix it, and this was after I voltage checked all the wiring to the TAC connector from the stalk switch and brake switch. My initial though was the PCM cruise control was turned off and I was hoping EFILIve will be able to test this and maybe turn it back ON for me. Now I am thinking that cruise is a TAC independent function and that there must be a simple wiring issue.

So my question is can EFILive read the stalk switch and brake switch inputs to help me troubleshoot my problem?

The first thing I am going to flash is the tach to read properly.
V2 will be out soon...

so you'll be getting V1 at this point as far as I know and would have to pay to upgrade to V2 once its released

Quick Reply: Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution