PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

johnz06 on the efilive forum and I would just like to say that this is some of the most comprehensive and intuitive software anyone could ask for. It's definetly worth the money for the DIYer!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got my Scan and Tune in the mail today! Can't wait to start messing with it when my LC-1 gets here.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrorocket
I use EFI live to tune my twin turbo ls1 with 96 lb injectors and 3 bar setup!!
Originally Posted by Black02SS
Just to let people know, you were a BRAND new user as well. AFAIK, no prior knowledge of the software or how to tune a vehicle, let alone a twin turbo LS1. With some patience, , and the help of the forums, you were able to get it all dialed in. This is why EFILive rocks. Hard work all the way from the development of the program down to the users that interact with new people.
Just to let you know, nitrorocket's car makes serious power (and this is understated).
Old 02-04-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joecar
Just to let you know, nitrorocket's car makes serious power (and this is understated).
Oh I remember when he FIRST started and when he posted the times. Very impressive for the car and a do it yourself-er with no real experience.

PS - I would have probably made more posts then you nitro...
Old 02-04-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Oh I remember when he FIRST started and when he posted the times. Very impressive for the car and a do it yourself-er with no real experience.

PS - I would have probably made more posts then you nitro...
And nitrorocket welded up a very cool looking set of stainless exhaust header tubes to spin the turbos, good work, well done.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for all the compliments on my car guys!!

You are right, I did tune this car from scratch with no dyno or Ls1 tuning experience. The car did make some impressive numbers considering the torque converter failure during the run. I am hoping for 150 mph on 93 octane(No meth or additives) in my 3,850 lb car this year!!

The software is great and so is the support.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks all i think i am sold on EFI Live
Old 02-05-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I was fence sitting on what tuning software to get until I watched my friend tune my LS2 402 using EFILive with such ease I was sold. I bought it from wait4meperformance and had it within a couple of days. I have already reflashed it twice (not until I read the whole manual) with good results. I'm very pleased and can't believe how easy it is to use. Definitely money well spent.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just to let people know, you were a BRAND new user as well. AFAIK, no prior knowledge of the software or how to tune a vehicle, let alone a twin turbo LS1. With some patience, , and the help of the forums, you were able to get it all dialed in. This is why EFILive rocks. Hard work all the way from the development of the program down to the users that interact with new people.
I couldn't agree more. I am a new tuner and have recieved INSTANT help from the Efilive forum. The software is amazing and you get 2bar and wideband use at no extra charge.

This product is amazing.

Thanks,
Glenn
Old 02-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Teching In

So when's LS2 support being released? I saw the other guys post about it... then saw this post.... my step-father just bought a new 05 C6 and I'm sure the car could be made better with tuning.....

I was looking at LS2 Edit since it's been out for a while... then started looking at the other guys (Saw a post where we're not supposed to mention them?) since their scanner software looks awesome, and seems lots of people use their software .... I'd like to start tuning my step dads car ASAP.. so... when will you guys (efi) be releasing it?

Who are the US distribution points for EFI Live? if/when/once you guys come out w/LS2 support, I'd rather order locally if possible, Is wait4me the only US sale place?
Old 02-05-2006, 07:48 AM
FormerVendor

Contact wait4me or IIRC Thunder Racing sells em
Old 02-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by W8N2SQZ
I couldn't agree more. I am a new tuner and have recieved INSTANT help from the Efilive forum. The software is amazing and you get 2bar and wideband use at no extra charge.

This product is amazing.

Thanks,
Glenn
I am not a tuner. Bought EFILive to learn. I now have an excellent custom tune on my C5, and a fairly decent understanding of the tuning process. I have no experience with other products, but I can assure you that you won't go wrong with EFI. It is simple to understand, easy to use, and you won't harm anything if you simply pay attention to instructions and ask any questions you have. Plus, I can put the OEM tune back on any time I please.

For a non-tuner, it is just plain fun to see what your car is doing and be able to tweak it.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mnotx
I am not a tuner. Bought EFILive to learn. I now have an excellent custom tune on my C5, and a fairly decent understanding of the tuning process. I have no experience with other products, but I can assure you that you won't go wrong with EFI. It is simple to understand, easy to use, and you won't harm anything if you simply pay attention to instructions and ask any questions you have. Plus, I can put the OEM tune back on any time I please.

For a non-tuner, it is just plain fun to see what your car is doing and be able to tweak it.

You are now
Old 02-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Being new to this tuning stuff what could/would i be able to do with this software versus paying a tuner to Dyno tune with one of the popular software tunes out there?
I know i wont see hp and tq numbers with EFI just trying to see what one has over the other in terms of tweaking and or fine tuning. thanks.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Reason why is because of this http://www.efilive.com/downloads/dow..._vehicles.html
It showed me that it supported my 2001 Chevy S10 with a 4.3L V6
Old 02-06-2006, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did i mention that you can add your own tables into efilives software?

Using certain files, you can add in your own calibration tables. so if you know the location of the table/perameter you want to add, it is pretty easy to put it in.. With your own boundries, labels and notes ect..

Also, Script files can be set up also.

That means that a tuner can set up a file that has all the normal changes he does to a specific type of vehicle, press a couple of buttons and it does all the changes to that file. No need to worry about operating system differences ect.. It does all the changes for you and saves tons of time.

I have one for Cam, one for streetrod, stock, trans shift kit ect.. so when a customer comes in with stuff. i have a major jump start and i dont forget anything little that was needed to be done. Did i say it saves me a bunch of time too?

One more thing. Good things come to those who wait..

They always do....
Old 02-06-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Skipper
Being new to this tuning stuff what could/would i be able to do with this software versus paying a tuner to Dyno tune with one of the popular software tunes out there?
I know i wont see hp and tq numbers with EFI just trying to see what one has over the other in terms of tweaking and or fine tuning. thanks.
A typical dyno tune is done on an inertia type dyno - basically a wide open throttle tune. Dynojet and Mustang dynos are popular.

Wide open throttle does not address part throttle tuning. Part throttle is where you control your cars manners - streetability.
EFILive is an excellent software for this. Even for newbies - no, especially for newbies!!

EFILive has the finest customer support of ANY company I've ever dealt with. I'm 50 years old - I've dealt with many companies.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Skipper
I'll give you an example. When I had my head and cam package installed, it came with a tune. Of course the tune was designed to give me big numbers on the dyno and not much more. I noticed driving around town, my car would hesitate and buck at low RPMs. I had the scan tool at the time and I saw my LTFTs were all over the place. Being a DIY type of guy, I ordered Flashscan and decided to take matters into my own hands. Armed with the knowledge available on these forums, I was able to tune my car to where it starts, idles and purrs like a kitten and runs like a dog with it's *** on fire!

I just finished a tuning session yesterday and I have never been happier with how well behaved it is.

Last edited by jub jub; 02-06-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

I normally don't add my $0.02 into these types of threads, but I did want to throw out a big thank you to Paul @ EFILive. Yesterday we were using LS1Edit on a friend's car, and entering a new speedometer value caused the PCM to lock up and become unresponsive. I pestered poor Paul with PM after PM, and he cheerfully answered all my questions. So far haven't been able to un-brick the PCM, but it sure made me appreciate being able to get in touch with a knowledgable gent quickly. EFILive will at least communicate with the PCM, LS1Edit just says its not there.

I use EFILive on my cars, and absolutely love the package. Its nice not worrying about losing a PCM, versus the "plug and pray" tuning with LS1Edit
Old 02-06-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

only problem i have with the software is that I can't get it for only one vehicle. They say you can pick another vehicle to use it. It's annoying that I have to pay the two car price when I only have one. The other companies are the same.

Quick Reply: Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution