PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wicked warlock, I have a used one with one licensce used that you can have for 100 off. That fixes your problem.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the great reply's especialy jub jub,
my car is doing the same as you describe, i guess the problem with the Dyno 'tuner' is that he would have to spend to much time at low to mid rpm's to tune it? and thats not what there really looking for? not bashing them just it seems there end result may one sided.
And Bink, you explained it well to thanks. Skip
Old 02-06-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Skipper, the problem is that part throttle tuning is much more time consuming than WOT. Also, most shops don't have the right dyno to tune PT. PT is more than just getting the VE right (think spark).

Since you are empowered with EFILive, you may consider locating a suitable dyno and renting it so you can accurrately dial in your PT and WOT. Although, I gotta admit, I've found desolate back roads a much cheaper alternative when dialing in PT.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Didn't see it anywhere on the forum.

Is 98 2bar support a reality or is that something that never will be?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:44 PM

So... This product is limited to 2 VINs, Isnt HP Tuners limited to 2 years?
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

With the current 1.2 FlashScan interface you can have up to 25 VIN's per cable I believe, and with the soon to be released V2 FlashScan interface I believe that number will increase markedly.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by Country Boy
So... This product is limited to 2 VINs, Isnt HP Tuners limited to 2 years?
I think you can have many more VINS( I think 26). I have six on mine.

Bill

Old 02-06-2006, 06:01 PM

I mean with the initial buy, not adding licenses. Its been a LONG time since Ive been in this forum
Old 02-06-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Country Boy
I mean with the initial buy, not adding licenses. Its been a LONG time since Ive been in this forum
That is right- 2 with the initial buy.

Bill
Old 02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

That sounds correct. The base purchase of Personal or Commercial FlashScan includes 2 VIN licenses.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:10 PM

Does EFILive have the option to lock a certain year or is it just VIN specific? Thats why I always liked HP Tuners is because you can get years and not just VINs.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:18 PM
FormerVendor

Its PCM specific and not limited or locked to a particular model. Those two licenses can tune anything from diesels to to 97 corvettes http://www.efilive.com/downloads/dow..._vehicles.html they are listed by OS number instead of model because the os numbers expand across different models and years.

Eg the 2001 Corvette is the same OS as the 01 Camaro/Firebird and some trucks. You can also view http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive to get a better idea of what is supported

I forgot to add tuning ALL 97/98 are free and dont require ou to use a license
Old 02-06-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Country Boy - as Bill pointed out, EFILive comes with 2 VIN specific licenses on the initial buy in. And as Tordne stated, additional licenses, up to 25 per cable can be purchased for the V1 cable interface.

I realize you meant no harm in with your initial question, but I would ask that all users posting in this thread do your best to keep your post specific to EFILive. Many post in the past have started off great and quickly gone to hell when the EFILive vs. XXXX type post were made. Not trying to single anyone out, just re-iterating so this thread will remain un-locked
Old 02-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
Country Boy - as Bill pointed out, EFILive comes with 2 VIN specific licenses on the initial buy in. And as Tordne stated, additional licenses, up to 25 per cable can be purchased for the V1 cable interface.

I realize you meant no harm in with your initial question, but I would ask that all users posting in this thread do your best to keep your post specific to EFILive. Many post in the past have started off great and quickly gone to hell when the EFILive vs. XXXX type post were made. Not trying to single anyone out, just re-iterating so this thread will remain un-locked
Good post TA.. I was just sitting here thinking about how I could tactfully say the same thing. I knew if I waited long enough someone else would .
Old 02-06-2006, 06:26 PM

it was specific to EFILive Thanks for the answers guys. Ill do some digging of my own ot not let this one go stray.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for understanding.

I think I speak for a few when I say we are all more than glad to help, so ask away!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Staging Lane

Below is a link to a video produced by AutoTap starting one of the professionals from the EFI University (www.efi101.com).

The video is a very good introduction to the EFI Live product and some of the basic capabilities. Would be a good view for those that are new to (or are considering) the product(s).

EFI University Video

Being a video this is a good sized download, so go grab a coffee as well
Old 02-07-2006, 06:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wait4me
Wicked warlock, I have a used one with one licensce used that you can have for 100 off. That fixes your problem.
hmmm, I may have to take you up on that offer. It's just pondering if I do another vehicle later on. The vettes are getting cheap now and I may consider buying one in a couple of years so it maybe worth spending. I do like the idea of unlimited upgrades etc for efilive versus the competition. I think that's crazy you only get one year of updates.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
hmmm, I may have to take you up on that offer. It's just pondering if I do another vehicle later on. The vettes are getting cheap now and I may consider buying one in a couple of years so it maybe worth spending. I do like the idea of unlimited upgrades etc for efilive versus the competition. I think that's crazy you only get one year of updates.
If you buy it now from Jesse and decide later to get a vette, just pay $99 for a license and you are all set.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Actually, I just saw your sig. If you are wanting to tune your 98', then you are set right off of the bat. You can tune unlimited 98's with EFILive as they don't use up a license. That will leave you an extra license for your vette later on. So you will be able to tune both and not pay anything extra.

Quick Reply: Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution