PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILIVE Convince me to convert...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFILIVE Convince me to convert...

I'm fed up with this crap, I've bit my tongue long enough, and the more I sit on this the more agrivated I get. The fact that I spent, $500.00 plus an additional license for 200.00 just to get called juvenile names BY THE OWNER!! When I can barely afford to put gas in my tank Any chance EFILIVE will be running any specials soon, for the individuals migrating away from other companies? Maybe another trade-in? I've read some of the benefits, and I'm thinking I like my options.

Last edited by 99FormulaWs6; 02-14-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EFILive has been more money then HPT since day one and I don't see that changing. The #1 reason for this is all the extras you receive for free. The #1 factor for me in my purchase of EFILive was the customer support. It is the best of any company I have ever delt with. That combined with a top of the line program that offeres features no other product does, makes it a no brainer to switch. I did, lost a little money, but am 100000x happier now that I have.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surely, you have something in your garage you can sell to lessen the cost? We all usually do.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

Yep, like a cable and a CD. Care to explain the licensing information for me?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

Ok....here is some advice from a current EFILive customer. I have done a lot of reading comparing HPTuners, EFILive, and LS1edit. I was concerned with the money that EFILive charged until I inquired more about what others thought of the support and I read more into what came with EFILive. UNLIMITED software upgrades is a PLUS.
Yeah the initial cost was more than I was ready to spend so I started with just the Autotap scanner hardware. I used that for awhile and when I was ready to upgrade I was able to get an upgrade price and move up to the personal scan and tune hardware. I will use this for awhile and then upgrade to the commercail version of scan and tune which will let me flash my cars computer with a new O/S.
Here is what I have learned about EFI during this time. I have upgraded my hardware and was given an upgrade price instead of buying all new hardware. I have upgraded my software for FREE several times from their very friendly, and recently updated website. When I have emailed them I received immediate responses.
Oh, did I mention the help that I have received from other EFILive users? That to me is the BIG selling point. After all what good are any of them if you dont have help learning how to use them.
You know how the saying goes: "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
Old 02-14-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It almost seems like trolls create threads. In the past two weeks this question has been asked ten times. By now it should be obvious these types of threads will go down hill until they are locked.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:16 AM
11 Second Club

You have an HP banner in your sig. I have almost 500 post, I'm hardly a troll, when I want some input from the HP management, I'll email them, give them some money and maybe get a response. I'd prefer if they(you) stay out of my thread.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Yup. There went the neighborhood.

Do you need any more convincing?
Old 02-14-2006, 01:19 AM
11 Second Club

If I do, I better get it in before the big dogs roll in and bring the padlock....
Old 02-14-2006, 01:19 AM
7 Second Club

Received 303 Likes on 203 Posts

Well I am not in anybody's camp, but ever think that if you can't afford to put gas in the tank you had better rethink your priorities instead of starting a thread trying to get people all riled up? This thread is flame bait material.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

It was an exageration, I put gas in my car, the once a month I drive it, and spend every dime on it I can, but I won't drop (what I consider) "alot" of money to get service like a jew in **** Germany.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks! You actually just made up my mind as which package to buy. Im not a troll and I have been doing lots of research. it seems obvious to me EFI is a better deal. ESPECIALLY for the long haul....
Old 02-14-2006, 07:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99FormulaWs6
You have an HP banner in your sig. I have almost 500 post, I'm hardly a troll, when I want some input from the HP management, I'll email them, give them some money and maybe get a response. I'd prefer if they(you) stay out of my thread.

What seems to be the problem 99FormulaWs6 ?

-Ken
Old 02-14-2006, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Everyone,
I just recently purchased EFILive Personal Scan and Tune, and all I have to say is WOW. I had a "professional" tune done for 622 dollars at a place that starts with an L and is located in Dearborn, MI (you do the math). Needless to say, it was a complete SHAM.
I was more then thrilled to spend money that i didn't have on something that was more then worth it. The customer support that i have received has been amazing, and amazingly, even though EFILive has got many more features then I will probably ever use, its really not that hard to learn. And the Scan tool is really a great feature. I've learned so much about my car alone just by playing around with this stuff. And tuning your car hasn't looked easier. I will NEVER spend another dime by getting a "professional" tune, and you shouldn't either. If I were you I would try my best to sell what you have for a REALLY good deal to make back some of your money and hook up EFILive. PM Black02ss for details on an awesome deal.

Best Regards,
Adrian
Old 02-14-2006, 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

I recently made the switch over to EFI Live also. I bought the Workshop edition and while I'm learning a new setup (been HP for years), it seems like very nice software. Not to mention I can actually talk to someone if I have an issue or run into a tuning snag. I bought it from Wait4me on here and his support is dead on! I'm not one to bash HP Tuners by any means, I really enjoyed the software and it seems very complete and thought out. EFI Live just seemed to be a better fit for me with my needs for unlimited vehicles, 2-3 bar support, LS2/LS7 when available, and etc. Better fit for me doesn't mean the same for someone else though.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
What seems to be the problem 99FormulaWs6 ?
-Ken
If you have to ask that question, that's enough reason. Search your threads, you'll figure it out. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Old 02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easy there fellas...I don't understand why this always brings about such heated debate.

As an HPTuners user, I'm kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. When I got this tuning package, Flashscan was just coming on the scene, and I didn't know much about it, so I went with what was popular and known to work well (and work well it has). The only thing that had (and still has) me miffed was the whole serial cable thing. I personally think it was a bad choice on the part of the hardware designers since laptops just aren't coming with serial ports anymore. Now that USB is available, I have to spend another $200 to upgrade to the USB cable, which I feel I should have had all along. Alas, hindsight is always 20/20.

Personally, I don't care about HPT's or Live's licensing scheme, as I really don't ever plan to tune other cars on any type of regular basis (and probably not at all). It was frustrating enough getting my car to behave up to this point...I couldn't imagine having to apply that to someone's car that I didn't know as well as mine.

The one good thing about this rivalry is that at least there is a competitive market, and that bodes well for the end-users of each product. We get a great product at a reasonable price (although reasonable in my mind is obviously a bit skewed from most).
Old 02-14-2006, 09:37 AM
FormerVendor

I am a HPT to EFILive convert and havent looked back since the day I did it. I am happy with the money I spent onthe product. I am happy with the customer support, I am happy with the innovations (BB logging from day one equipped with USB) that come outta that camp, I am happy about buying licesnses and tuning on a per vehicle basis rather than paying for it all up front and not know if i will ever tune enough vehicles to make my moeny back. I am happy that to date their hardware/software offers more features than the competetion and will continue to offer more features going forward (ie being able to flash, scan and tune without lugging the laptop to the car.), pricing is modest and doesnt change with the weather and so much more. Just download the program from http://store.efilive.com/download.aspx and see for yourself who the industry leaders are. It becomes pretty apparent once you start using and getting comfortable with a professional written software package.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:55 AM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking at the pricing....
EFI Live VS HPT
$699 - $649
Advantage HPT

License:
LS1
EFI: 99 per vehicle
HPT 99 per vehicle
HPT 299 per model
-- You would have to tune 3 of the same model before the break even pt.
Tie

LS2
EFI: 99 per vehicle
HPT: 199 per vehicle
HPT: 999 per model
-- You would have to tune 10 of the same model before the break even pt.
Advantage EFI live

Enhanced OS: 2 - 3 bar, ect.
EFI Live: 150 UNLIMITED
HPT: 199 per vehicle
Advantage EFI live

Please correct me if I am wrong...
Old 02-14-2006, 10:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

efi is charging $198 for ls2's as well i believe...they issue separate licenses for PCM/TCM if I understand their new pricing correctly. Also keep in mind for then $649 with hpt you get to opt for 4 vin licenses to efi's 2...the bottom line is their pricing structures are still far different from each other from start to finish so comparing them becomes very difficult after the first few licenses.