Old 11-19-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem thanks for all the help.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
if i recall correctly, ls1 edit shows IFR in absolute pressure, not vacuum, so it's 'backwards' from the way hpt/efilive does it, so yes, you start with smaller numbers and it goes up numerically.
So does that mean that anything I adjust in ls1 edit the kpa tables are backwards ? so If I wanted to adjust a table under full throttle load which kpa readings should I use ?
Thanks
Ron H
Old 11-19-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think about it: during deceleration you will get 20, maybe 15kPa of absolute pressure (or ~80-85kPa vacuum), never 0 (absolute vacuum). during acceleration you will get close to 101kPa absolute pressure. so with the IFR scale going from 80-0, that means it is in absolute pressure, and it goes from deep deceleration to wot (that's HPT/EFI). so the short answer is that the WOT IFR is at 0 vacuum, or ~101kPa (depends on baro) absolute pressure.

my concern is, why would you be changing just one value? you're not just tweaking IFR to get correct fueling, are you?
Old 11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
think about it: during deceleration you will get 20, maybe 15kPa of absolute pressure (or ~80-85kPa vacuum), never 0 (absolute vacuum). during acceleration you will get close to 101kPa absolute pressure. so with the IFR scale going from 80-0, that means it is in absolute pressure, and it goes from deep deceleration to wot (that's HPT/EFI). so the short answer is that the WOT IFR is at 0 vacuum, or ~101kPa (depends on baro) absolute pressure.

my concern is, why would you be changing just one value? you're not just tweaking IFR to get correct fueling, are you?
I was just asking keeping in mind that in the IFR tables it's (ls1edit Kpa readings) backwards compared to the other tuning programs so I was wondering if in VE tables that im changing for tuning lets say from 0-1200 rpm i was going to lower the VE to get it to idle better and/or lean it out can I just change/lower the VE in a certain kpa range like 20-35 etc ... or if it would be in the higher ranges. May be a stupid question to some that know but I'd rather ask a stupid question and get the answer than pretend I know and screw something up
Thanks for the info, and I've read and am still reading your tuning info. Getting me closer to having a better idea whats going on.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry for bumping ancient post....

would you have to adjust injector pulse width at all for this?
i have the 42lb lucas injectors pn #621031 and wanted to get this dialed in as close as possible before attempting to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
42 Dephi's in my 99
I just changed the table using the spreadsheet like this using EFI.

i also ran into a table that goes over the injector data, but i'm not sure how accurate it is. can anyone confirm if these min and default injector pulse width figures need to be input into the pcm for the injectors to work properly (they seem kind of low)?
Attached Files

Last edited by BobDoLe; 08-29-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: bah