Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 tb ss problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 07 tb ss problems

ok so this is my buddies truck. it read the tune fine, but when i went to right a calibration it failed so i had to do a write entire. well the first problem is that everytime i wanna upload i gotta do a write entire, the second problem is that every once in a while you will go start up the truck after its sat all night and you go to pull out into traffic and theres no throttle response, feels like the tans has defaulted to 3rd gear, cause when you get going faster it feels fine. the way you fix this is to move the gear selector to neutral then back to drive. anyways i was just wondering if anyone else has these problems. thanks guys

edit: i have hptuners mpvi version 2.1.14
Old 01-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

I haven't had any problems with that. My truck is a 06 TBSS.. They do have different tuning. What exactly did you change?
Old 01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blades
I haven't had any problems with that. My truck is a 06 TBSS.. They do have different tuning. What exactly did you change?
a bunch of stuff, the only mod to the truck is a k and n intake. tq mgt, spark tables, pe stuff, dfco stuff, maf tables, wot shift tables, shift pressure tables. maybe a few more things, but i cant remember.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by fast98
ok so this is my buddies truck. it read the tune fine, but when i went to right a calibration it failed so i had to do a write entire. well the first problem is that everytime i wanna upload i gotta do a write entire, the second problem is that every once in a while you will go start up the truck after its sat all night and you go to pull out into traffic and theres no throttle response, feels like the tans has defaulted to 3rd gear, cause when you get going faster it feels fine. the way you fix this is to move the gear selector to neutral then back to drive. anyways i was just wondering if anyone else has these problems. thanks guys

Have dealer or friend reflash with tech2 to stock tune. Sounds like somthing is corupted or in the wrong spot.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sean Collins
Have dealer or friend reflash with tech2 to stock tune. Sounds like somthing is corupted or in the wrong spot.
i'm a tech at a dealer, i already tried that. its just weird the stock tune is just fine. i'll post up the hpt file when i get a chance.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

well i cant upload a .hpt due to the fact that its 2.14mb and the limit is 2.00mb someone let me know another way please.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
The know it all's know it all

i'm a tech at a dealer, i already tried that. its just weird the stock tune is just fine. i'll post up the hpt file when i get a chance.
Poke around through the file with your editing software and see if anything looks goofy IE bizare table values for spark like 255. Could be a bad read. What exactly did you change ?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you could always make a separate post on our forum & just post the link here...our forum accepts the larger files up to 4mb last I checked.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

i've come across that problem on a 07silverado new body style, where it will become un responsive to throttle changes.