Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator question?

I used my predator to tune my car. I went to modify factory tune and changed the fan settings, torque mangment settings and shift settings only. I then installed this tune. However when I go to the options menu and look at which tune is installed it says diablo tune. Does that mean I just tuned it with the diablo or did is actually instal the power tune also?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the power tune IS the Diablo tune.... if you want the diablo tune installed, then select the Diablo tune and choose "modify" instead of install... make your changes as you indicated in your post, then choose to install the tune. This will install the Diablo power tune with your adjustments made to it.

The Factory HP tune is actually a tune designed to allow you to adjust WHATEVER is on the PCM in a GM vehicle, without applying any tuning from the Predator.

so, if you had previously installed the Diablo tune, then made those adjustments via Factory HP tune, then the Diablo tune is still installed, and now with the adjustments you made.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 05-15-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:37 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

And note that you can just go in and edit your factory tune as well, and install it instead of the Predator tune if you wish to do so!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-15-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt @ SDPC
And note that you can just go in and edit your factory tune as well, and install it instead of the Predator tune if you wish to do so!
I'll have you doing Predator tech support in no time!

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
the power tune IS the Diablo tune.... if you want the diablo tune installed, then select the Diablo tune and choose "modify" instead of install... make your changes as you indicated in your post, then choose to install the tune. This will install the Diablo power tune with your adjustments made to it.

The Factory HP tune is actually a tune designed to allow you to adjust WHATEVER is on the PCM in a GM vehicle, without applying any tuning from the Predator.

so, if you had previously installed the Diablo tune, then made those adjustments via Factory HP tune, then the Diablo tune is still installed, and now with the adjustments you made.
I completely reset the vehicle back to stock. I then went to modify factory tune, modified it and installed it. So I want to verify I do not have the power tune installed. The programmer says diablo tune (I believe). So is the tune stock other than my changes? I ran it with the tune at the track and now I want to try it with the stock tune onther than the changes I listed.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:25 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
I'll have you doing Predator tech support in no time!

Thanks
Mike

WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

if you restored your original backup correctly, it should show the original backup as the last tune installed. if it is still showing the Diablo tune as the last tune installed, then you didn't do something right.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-15-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you are trying to mod the factory tune, last tune written should read 'factory hp tune'.
If it says 'diablo tune', then that is what is on the PCM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
if you restored your original backup correctly, it should show the original backup as the last tune installed. if it is still showing the Diablo tune as the last tune installed, then you didn't do something right.
Once I restored the factory tune, it did show the orginal as the last one installed. I then modified the factory tune and installed it. Now it shows predator tune. Shouldn't it say something else.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:35 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

So you restored the factory tune, then went in to "tune it" and selected the factory tune to modify...made your changes to it, and escaped out until it began to flash that tune in??

Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Ok just redid the whole thing. Reset the car back to stock. Predator verifys stock tune. Then went and modified the stock tune installed it and predator now says predator tune installed. I thought it should say stock hp tune installed or is it different on my model predator. It is for a 99 camaro and was just updated by diablosport a few months ago.