Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuners inside need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuners inside need help

ok a few days ago my car started to run like **** and i can not figure out why. i have tried so many things and i still cant figure out the problem. the car idles and drives like it has a bad misfire. something is causing it to dump fuel big time. at idle it smells horrible like gas or smells like a vacuum leak. i had a friend run a data log with efi flash scan(at idle) and was wondering if anyone could go over the log and help me figure it out. the car will not throw any codes either.

cammed car with full bolt-ons

i uploaded my log to putfile here:
http://putstuff.putfile.com/87950/4007276/3
Old 06-13-2007, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its certainly running rich on the left bank your LTFT's are quite rich there but your right LTFT is lean. You have some issues to sort out there. But my main concern is with your MAP pressure. It should be much lower at idle. I suspect you have a leak in your PCV plumbing.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply bro. i was told that the map sensor may be bad, or that the very small vacuum line at the back of the motor may be broken. i am going to take a look. i dont know why the map sensor would cause the car to run so bad though?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

The MAP sensor on these cars are as critical as the human eye is to the brain.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:53 AM
On The Tree

ok i guess ill replace the map sensor this weekend, and the vacuum lines while im at it. should i buy a gm map sensor or just get one from the auto parts store?
Old 06-15-2007, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i suggest that you clean your MAF.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:41 AM
On The Tree

i already tried that but thanks anyways.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

More info
Car: 2001 Camaro SS, full bolt-ons and Mti Z1 cam.

Story: i was taking a guy for a ride in my car, and he was going to buy it with cash in hand. i got on the freeway and punched it at about 20mph and let off at about 130ish. i then costed about a mile and exited. went through a few stop lights and then after the third stop the car started to idle and drive like it had a very big misfire. i pulled over and opened the hood and everything looked ok. i drove it back home (car was struggling to run, like it was running on 2 or 3 cylinders.)

i hooked it up to efi live and looked at the dashboard i noticed that the spark jumps everywhere and the manifold pressure was ~ 85kpa at idle. i thought it might be a vacuum leak, but i cant find one. i even tried plugging them and that didnt help either. the car idles at about 500rpm at idle and goes up to 800 or 900 in CL. still sounds like it has a huge misfire and runs like it. the car has no misfires though and will not throw any codes.

i have some screen shots and data logs and was hoping someone could help me this is my only car and i hate bumming rides everywhere.thanks alot Erik.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

logs
Download Log_0000.efi
Download Log_0001.efi